Post-Game Talk: GM02 | Canucks lose to Flyers in SO | 2-3 (Hoglander & Blueger) | Winless Streak

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Doesn't seem like a great idea sitting Miller through the entire preseason if he was healthy all that time.

He was wearing some weird neck thing tonight that I haven’t seen before. At first it looked like black K tape but upon further review I think it was some other apparatus. Neck / shoulder area.

Reactions: mossey3535

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
im not too worried, in October, there's really no that much difference between good team or bad team

also a reminder that the Flyers didn't miss the playoffs by much last season. In fact they were in a playoff spot until like the final 2 weeks i believe?

I'm even more worried because it is October. Top lines should be devastating bottom feeders now, especially at home.

Not missing by much is irrelevant. They won't make it this year either, neither will Calgary.

If the top lines play like this the Nucks aren't beating many teams.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
They should have paid Zadorov the extra million IMO. Huge gap in the top 4 with him walking.
He was such a great get last year and the definition of paying for intangibles. Great guy on and off the ice who just oozed charisma. He was begging for a bigger role and we were trying to convince ourselves that Myers would hopefully be better in a smaller one. Just the biggest skidmark on this management

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
At a wedding so just checking in sporadically. Did catch the whole SO. Lankinen is just a lot more patient and his tracking is at the point where he doesn't have to guess like Silovs does sometimes. Just a more refined games and the team is shit right now so things will get better.

Reactions: Coffees

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He was such a great get last year and the definition of paying for intangibles. Great guy on and off the ice who just oozed charisma. He was begging for a bigger role and we were trying to convince ourselves that Myers would hopefully be better in a smaller one. Just the biggest skidmark on this management
In the playoffs. He was scratched during the regular season and frequently saw his ice time dip to the low man in the line-up. He’s also had a long career of looking great over small sample sizes then reverting to mediocre or bad.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Its very early so will try to remain optimistic, but adding end of last year, I have a sinking feeling when I think this is the beginning of 8 long years with Petey. He makes little difference in the game, looks nothing like an 11.6 million a year player. This is the 5th highest paid player in the NHL

Reactions: David71

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I'm even more worried because it is October. Top lines should be devastating bottom feeders now, especially at home.

Not missing by much is irrelevant. They won't make it this year either, neither will Calgary.

If the top lines play like this the Nucks aren't beating many teams.
i actually think Flyers might squeeze in, Torts team has always been tough to beat plus they have a superstar in the making now

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
At a wedding so just checking in sporadically. Did catch the whole SO. Lankinen is just a lot more patient and his tracking is at the point where he doesn't have to guess like Silovs does sometimes. Just a more refined games and the team is shit right now so things will get better.
Silovos’s hand/eye was non existent in game 1. It’s like Chris Osgood used to be before the Red Wings fixed his game.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Thought the Raty-Hoglander-Garland line was the best line tonight, don't know why he split them up for the third period. But it does seem that Sprong is the new Kuzmenko.

On another note, did anyone else's Sportsnet+ subscription suddenly cut out in the third? It was saying that I needed to be in Canada for it to work but there's just one issue, I was...

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
On another note, did anyone else's Sportsnet+ subscription suddenly cut out in the third? It was saying that I needed to be in Canada for it to work but there's just one issue, I was...
Yep, was happening to everyone. Rogers don't care, they got paid already

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The expectations set from last season have me miserable with this start to the season lol. It’s only two games though and I think Tocchet will tighten things up.
You were probably even more disappointed last year at this time of the year.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Thought the Raty-Hoglander-Garland line was the best line tonight, don't know why he split them up for the third period. But it does seem that Sprong is the new Kuzmenko.

My sportsnet was doing that all 3rd period..what's up with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00