Post-Game Talk: GM02 | Canucks lose to Flyers in SO | 2-3 (Hoglander & Blueger) | Winless Streak

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think you have to mix up the lines to something that might work better chemistry wise

Suter Miller Boeser
DeBrusk Pettersson Hoglander
Suter Blueger Garland
Heinen Aman Sherwood

Sprong is absolutely way too much of a wildcard blowing zones and missing assignments.

The defense is a trainwreck. I have no words.

They should have paid Zadorov the extra million IMO. Huge gap in the top 4 with him walking.

Reactions: Catamo and calnuck

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Mix up the top 6, get some offence going.
The bottom six is fine, we just need the top 6 going.

Whoever fills in for Myers, hopefully they can fill the void.
I would start Lankinen for the next couple games, he looks better in net than Silovs who was just ratchet in the first game.

Reactions: Coffees

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
The expectations set from last season have me miserable with this start to the season lol. It’s only two games though and I think Tocchet will tighten things up.

Reactions: Coffees

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It was the Flyers 3, Lankinen 2 in this one. Without him it's a guaranteed loss. His heroic stand in the third period got them a point.

Seems totally incongruous that Torts is coaching what surely has to be one of the youngest teams in the NHL. They probably aren't making the playoffs.....but they'll be damned exciting.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Boeser, Miller, and Petey didn't show up today. It killed the PP, and they were abysmal at even strength given the quality of opposition. Debrusk was a bit better, but he's not the guy to carry it on his own. Petey just has zero desire to carry the puck on his own or take the shot, being way too defferential - reminds me of Naslund post lockout. Not sure what's going to get him out of this rut at this point.

Sprong has no hockey sense, offensively or defensively. Needs out of the top 6 until he learns the system better (if that's possible). Might be time to move Suter onto the top unit, Heinen with Debrusk and Petey,

Bottom 6 was great. Defense held up admirably given Myers went down early. Goaltending was fantastic. Forbort got better after the 1st. Overall defensive structure as a team was miles better than Wednesday.

Not worried yet overall, but Tocchet has his work cut out for him to get the team back into the mentality of every shift counts. This should've been an easy 4 points to start the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00