Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yeah he was the first comptent exec during the Melnyk era other than Cyril Leeder.
Agree, but one would think new ownership would want to keep competent people? Hopefully, he has an equally good or better replacement in mind. This town can be tricky if you don't have the right people in place who know the city & business community, we've had enough failures in the past.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
that would be pretty ironic as Leeder seemed to take the blame from Melnyk for the failed Lebreton project, only to be brought right back into the fold by a new owner looking to clean up the fallout of Melnyk pulling the chute on it.
Karmic retribution for Leeder. Dude spearheaded the campaign to keep Melnyk alive by finding him a liver and he got rewarded by being scapegoated and canned.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Jason York on the ComingInHot podcast today saying he wouldn't be surprised if Andlauer gets the keys to the organization within the next 2-4 weeks, when discussing Leeder as potentially coming back.

He does state that this is just his opinion but when his brother is part of the ownership, I wouldn't be surprised if that 2-4 weeks guess is more insider information.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just read this from a Rangers fan talking about the Sens :

"Just like my NYR, came out flying around the corner too early from rebuild. Not enough depth, cap or assets to quickly correct."

But it's just us the "Dorion haters" who see it that way.

We haven't made the playoffs yet and we're in the situation of a team that has made them for 5+ years lol

He should be starting the GM search immediately.

He should have said "Since I am going to be the new owner, I'll be the GM by interim"

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Just read this from a Rangers fan talking about the Sens :

"Just like my NYR, came out flying around the corner too early from rebuild. Not enough depth, cap or assets to quickly correct."

But it's just us the "Dorion haters" who see it that way.

We haven't made the playoffs yet and we're in the situation of a team that has made them for 5+ years lol

He should have said "Since I am going to be the new owner, I'll be the GM by interim"

We better start competing damn soon because the cupboard is extremely bare. Gonna be hard to add to this team without trading away core pieces.

Fingers crossed.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jason York on the ComingInHot podcast today saying he wouldn't be surprised if Andlauer gets the keys to the organization within the next 2-4 weeks, when discussing Leeder as potentially coming back.

He does state that this is just his opinion but when his brother is part of the ownership, I wouldn't be surprised if that 2-4 weeks guess is more insider information.
Also says the number 1 priority is to upgrade the bottom 6.
Dorion mentioned this as a priority at the end of the season. I assume he knows Norris is coming back and he has Pinto Joseph there. Last year he had Motte but I was told he was no good.

To take the next step we need to have a much better 3rd line .. 4th line we have guys that can play there in the org.

Reactions: Icelevel

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Dorion has done a lot of gambling that didn't pay off unfortunately. Duchene, Murray, Debrincat...is Korpisalo next?

Would the Stutzle extension be conisdered a gamble that paid off? Norris' health makes me weary of his contract.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Dorion has done a lot of gambling that didn't pay off unfortunately. Duchene, Murray, Debrincat...is Korpisalo next?

Would the Stutzle extension be conisdered a gamble that paid off? Norris' health makes me weary of his contract.
Norris trade, Stutzle draft pick, Batherson contract, outwaiting Armstrong in Chychrun trade, drafting Pinto way off the board, drafting Merilainen waaaay off the board, banking on Sanderson being a top 4 defenseman last season.

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of right now.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Norris trade, Stutzle draft pick, Batherson contract, outwaiting Armstrong in Chychrun trade, drafting Pinto way off the board, drafting Merilainen waaaay off the board, banking on Sanderson being a top 4 defenseman last season.

If those trades are considered gambles, then we have to include Zib for Brassard, Gustavsson for Talbot, Stone for Brannstrom (holding onto him until the deadline), and probably some other stuff.

I’m just not convinced his body of work is anything above average, if even that.

Reactions: Bileur

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

We were probably better off paying up for Chychrun then and foregoing DeBrincat.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015

Stutzle ext was not a gamble at all, it was a win from the get go and we all knew it. Dj Zbad for Brassard was another big L. Korpisalo is def a major gamble.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I was fully on board with trading 7th overall for Chychrun last summer, not sure if Arizona was still holding out for a bigger return, but yeah getting Chychrun and keeping our 2023 1st would have been ideal.
In hindsight, it's pretty hard to argue it wasn't the better route and that he wouldn't have had a bigger impact on the team than Cat did.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

what are you going to do when Dohrion gets fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad