Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
This is your trash response once again. Not even a rebuttal, it makes logical sense. You dont trade top 10 picks in the middle of a rebuild when you arent contending. You keep building. Good lord NVM this conversation. There was a good debate happening with actual content. Yet again you come in and contribute nothing and derail the conversation.
Your response was "how does a team know what it's missing to get to the next level?" and you think my response is trash??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Let's go with your logic: we shouldn't have traded a first for Chychrun because how would we know that we needed a young, star top 4D when we missed the playoffs? Right?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Which two years is it we've had no picks in the first 3 rounds?

Here's the draft history
Ottawa Senators Draft History at hockeydb.com

As of right now, we haven't had a single season in the Dorion era with no picks in the first 3 rounds.

I'm counting 22 picks in the first three rounds in the Dorion era from 2017 to now.

I don't understand what you're referring to here because no picks in the first three rounds hasn't happened. Are you referring to 2023 and 2024?

I have no idea what mx101 is so I guess not.
They traded a first second and third last year and they traded their 1st, 2nd and third this year.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Which two years is it we've had no picks in the first 3 rounds?

Here's the draft history
Ottawa Senators Draft History at hockeydb.com

As of right now, we haven't had a single season in the Dorion era with no picks in the first 3 rounds.

I'm counting 22 picks in the first three rounds in the Dorion era from 2017 to now.

I don't understand what you're referring to here because no picks in the first three rounds hasn't happened. Are you referring to 2023 and 2024?

I have no idea what mx101 is so I guess not.
MX 101 is the San del Lee motocross track, west of Sittsville.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Your response was "how does a team know what it's missing to get to the next level?" and you think my response is trash??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Let's go with your logic: we shouldn't have traded a first for Chychrun because how would we know that we needed a young, star top 4D when we missed the playoffs? Right?
Until you lose in the playoffs you dont know what you are missing. Can you focus on actually making a point in this discussion if not kindly f*** off.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Until you lose in the playoffs you dont know what you are missing. Can you focus on actually making a point in this discussion if not kindly f*** off.
You're making one of the all-time dumbest takes on this board. Think about what that means and enjoy making it on your own going forward.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You're making one of the all-time dumbest takes on this board. Think about what that means and enjoy making it on your own going forward.
Its not a dumb take you just dont understand it. Which shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone. How can a team know what its missing to take the next step and win a cup until they are in a playoff series and actually experience it. The team has not played in the playoffs. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Why do you have to retort to insults instead of actually engaging in a discussion. Because you are simple.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
@BankStreetParade you are in a combative mode today.. Either you are really pissed off at something. Or you are in WWE mode, looking to incite to drum up business.

please tell me; you are in Iron Sheikh mode and "phowie on America" to incite the American crowds in the 80's.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He was good when healthy.

He was never healthy.

It was a bad contract.

I even thought so at the time.

Reactions: Bileur

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

He was never healthy.
'Matt Murray is bought out' Dorion is a genius. Matt Murray is bought out of his contract that Pierre Dorion signed him to that he overall gave up a 2nd, a 3rd and a prospect that has played NHL games for... He had an .899 the season Dorion traded for him. I get you want to be contrarian here and that's good for debate on this message board. But this ones a tough one to go with. I will say this though its good news for the team moving forward so I am happy :).

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

He was never healthy.
Something that arguably was fairly predictable. He made the bet and it didn't work out.

Pretty shocking they were able to deal him last summer though. The guy was obviously cooked and really should just retire at this point.

Murray had some spurts in Ottawa, but because of the in/out status he was hot and cold too. Lots of bad games on top of all the ones missed. Thankfully, we never have to see him in a Senators jersey again.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Something that arguably was fairly predictable. He made the bet and it didn't work out.

Pretty shocking they were able to deal him last summer though. The guy was obviously cooked and really should just retire at this point.

Murray had some spurts in Ottawa, but because of the in/out status he was hot and cold too. Lots of bad games on top of all the ones missed. Thankfully, we never have to see him in a Senators jersey again.
I hope Dorion rebounds as well with the Debrincat deal as he did with the Murray one. Shockingly stupid deal by Dubas. Obviously the first one by Dorion was bad but the Dubas deal was even worse in my opinion. Ironically Pittsburgh did incredibly well with Murray and now the guy that screwed up the Murray situation the most is in charge in Pittsburgh.

I don’t think the Murray thing is confirmed yet. Just an unsourced website or Twitter account
On no.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
'Matt Murray is bought out' Dorion is a genius. Matt Murray is bought out of his contract that Pierre Dorion signed him to that he overall gave up a 2nd, a 3rd and a prospect that has played NHL games for... He had an .899 the season Dorion traded for him. I get you want to be contrarian here and that's good for debate on this message board. But this ones a tough one to go with. I will say this though its good news for the team moving forward so I am happy :).

We would have had to buy him out... he got rid of us having to deal with it solely.

G E N I U S

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Takes talent to argue for a GM that trades for a player; fires/reassigns a coach over his poor start , when the league knew he was trying to rebuild his game; Waives him when his 1st game off Covid is subpar; After 2 seasons in a 4 year deal worth 6.25 AAV, Trade him retaining 25% , having to adding a 3rd and a 7th to move him. Genius really understates it.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I hope Dorion rebounds as well with the Debrincat deal as he did with the Murray one. Shockingly stupid deal by Dubas. Obviously the first one by Dorion was bad but the Dubas deal was even worse in my opinion. Ironically Pittsburgh did incredibly well with Murray and now the guy that screwed up the Murray situation the most is in charge in Pittsburgh.
So do I. Gonna be a huge summer with so many changes.

I still can't believe it. Of all the things Dubas did, that one might take the cake. When Dorion made his move for Murray, there was some optimism, but I can't imagine being a Leafs fan and seeing that last year.

Whatever though, I'm just glad he's a distant failed memory here like so many other tenders before him.
We would have had to buy him out... he got rid of us having to deal with it solely.

G E N I U S
Lol, you're just asking for it now. We're down on Planet Earth, where you at?

• Love
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad