Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Really excited to see what the next GM can do

We sucked and drafted well, now just gotta find those surrounding pieces

We have to make the playoffs this season so a big summer is in order

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Didn't it rain the whole time too?!?
no that was last week.. This time, the ice-cream truck was closed.. strange, but I guess Monday.

Come by and visit us in June Ice-tray. Manotik has a lovely 2 day festival.

You can meet Liam McGuire.

What evidence do you have for that?

Your credibility is on the line now.
okay, I'll come clean. I am his biggest defender.

He slipped me two tickets.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

shit-shiet.gif

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Really excited to see what the next GM can do

We sucked and drafted well, now just gotta find those surrounding pieces

We have to make the playoffs this season so a big summer is in order
We sucked in 2021, 2022, and 2023, with horrible drafts to show for it (barely have any picks this year).

Sorry, but thats pretty unacceptable.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
a professional team, which charges hundred per ticket and a fortune to park and a fortune for concessions.

Receives million in TV money, which is directly for the advertizers paying. Which is us..

was not trying to win.. the NHL which receives money from gambling. Was okay with a team not trying to win?

SO, the Senators will refund the ~ 140 Million USD a year they received from all sources.

So a fan who went to a game in 208/2019, went without knowing the Sens were tanking.. So he/she assumed, hoped the Sens would win, try to win. But in reality they were throwing it. they went home sad, only to know find out, the fix was in?

When did the fix stop? you seem to suggest that it contiinued in 2023...
You're being obtuse. You know exactly what I meant

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
no that was last week.. This time, the ice-cream truck was closed.. strange, but I guess Monday.

Come by and visit us in June Ice-tray. Manotik has a lovely 2 day festival.

You can meet Liam McGuire.

Dickinson days. It's never been the same since the city folks moved in. Are you a city folk? Or an old time Manotick resident?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This is what I said:
View attachment 719291

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Dorion had to go out and acquire that pick. Otherwise, none of our picks have won the lottery (including the one that went to Colorado in the Duchene trade).

This is the post that started this all for me, The Senators WON the third Draft Lottery in 2020, and retained the third overall selection. The Senators had more than one Draft pick in 2020 entry draft lotteries, and came out with the third overall pick… by winning (top 3), so clearly your statement below, is not as accurate as you believe.

For some strange reason, the fact that PD had “to go out and acquire that pick” seems distasteful to you, and something is tainted with that draft pick, and the Senators should have been ashamed to have acquired it and embarrassed that a draft selection acquired through a trade is a black mark on the franchise, after it won the lottery?

Perhaps after winning the lottery, and retaining the third overall selection, PD should have returned the draft pick to San Jose, so that the Senators would not have this dark cloud hanging over them, as long as Tim Stutzle plays for the Senators.

Management - GM Pierre DorionFront Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)  Page 162  ...png

This is what happens when Dorions biggest defender goes up against Melnyks biggest defender.

this friendly debate has nothing to do with the now deceased former owner….

Last edited:

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I wasn't including '17, I'm including this upcoming year. We weren't in a rebuild in 17. I'm not sure how I missed 28 and 26, probably because I was looking for top picks given our rebuilding status. So 7 picks in 6 years for a scorched earth rebuild. Still, only 3 of which were ours. It's far too early to give up top ~10 picks. We need those guys unless we're making a real push.
So we still have a tangible asset that can return something, potentially high draft picks. So not sure why you've already counted out this upcoming draft until we've actually seen what happens on night 1.

As to the bolded, I'm not really sure what this has to do with the price of tea in China. Say you have pick 30 and trade that + pick 66 for pick 27, does that really matter in the grand scheme of things that pick 27 wasn't "your" pick to begin with? Who cares?

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
We sucked in 2021, 2022, and 2023, with horrible drafts to show for it (barely have any picks this year).

Sorry, but thats pretty unacceptable.

Yeah I think Dorion has made a substantial amount of blunders, with a leash never before seen in this league. It looks like he will be let go or moved to a new role once Andlauer is in charge

However, the core of any rebuild is to draft well, develop well, and lock guys up to good contracts. Although there has been a lot of shit show moves surrounding this, it’s been done and I think done well

We need:

1) top 6 replacement for a 40 goal scorer that lasted one season.
2) revamped the bottom 6 and to move Jospeh’s bad contract
3) solve the bottom pairing
4) get a number 1 goalie

That’s a hell of a lot to do, and shows how far we are away from completing this team after 6 years on it.

The next GM will have a lot to do, but the spine of a great team is here

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
The 2023 draft hasn't happened yet. So you're pre-bitching?
Pre bitching? The draft is in 8 days and we have no picks in the first 3 rounds. Are you expecting us to reacquire our number 12 pick from Arizona or will we have been the only team to have traded their own 1st round picks 3 times during a single rebuild without making the playoffs?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They dont have a pick until the 4th round.
I imagine there's a strong possibility we get one or more picks in the first three rounds if/when we trade DeBrincat

Let's wait the week before counting this year's draft as another failure.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah I think Dorion has made a substantial amount of blunders, with a leash never before seen in this league. It looks like he will be let go or moved to a new role once Andlauer is in charge

However, the core of any rebuild is to draft well, develop well, and lock guys up to good contracts. Although there has been a lot of shit show moves surrounding this, it’s been done and I think done well

We need:

1) top 6 replacement for a 40 goal scorer that lasted one season.
2) revamped the bottom 6 and to move Jospeh’s bad contract
3) solve the bottom pairing
4) get a number 1 goalie

That’s a hell of a lot to do, and shows how far we are away from completing this team after 6 years on it.

The next GM will have a lot to do, but the spine of a great team is here
So the bolded portion(s) I do not agree with. Debrincat was never a good fit to begin with. The 27 -35 goals will be replaced with Norris. What this team needs is a better complimentary player for Norris and Batherson. They need a player that is physical, good at puck retrieval and net drive while still having the skill to play in the top 6. Another Debrincat is actually redundant on this roster. Norris or Giroux are more than capable of sliding into his spot on the PP. A player that is a second PP type of guy that doest need to play first PP for his ego would be a better fit. A more balanced roster with players embracing their specific roles. This type of player shouldn't cost more than 5.5 million could come in as low as 3.5 million.

I am thinking of one of these guys Copp, Barbashev, Bertuzzi, Killorn, J. Staal, C, Brown, Wood, Domi, Haula etc.

I dont think they need a #1 goalie but they need a guy that can give them 35 to 45 solid games. Goaltending by committee is a must for every team even Tampa and Dallas. As great as Vasilevsky and Oettinger are they got tired in the playoffs.

Varlamov, Andersen, Hill, Jarry, Samsonov, Korpisalo

All UFA's.

I agree on the middle 6 and the back end. A physical RD would be good for the third pairing, Mayfield, Gudas, Schenn, Hamonic all fit the profile.

Id like an enforcer on the 4ht line like Reaves or Lucic.

Long list of needs for this team but there are options. The flat cap has really come at the right time. Not many teams or teams as desirable destinations have cap space. I think dealing Debrincat for futures and targeting these types of free agents will not only be best for now but the future.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I imagine there's a strong possibility we get one or more picks in the first three rounds if/when we trade DeBrincat

Let's wait the week before counting this year's draft as another failure.
The fact of the matter is they have no picks until the 4th round. Until that changes its 3 straight years of horrid draft capital with no playoffs. If something actual changes then we can evaluate from there.

Reactions: Senator Stanley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad