Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Wrong ,
when they determine how many balls to put in, it’s based on Sam Jose’s finishing position, not Ottawas finishing position.

But all those balls combines are Ottawa balls. the Ottawa logo was on the card flipped over for third overall, not San Jose

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I thought this was the goal though? Keep Dorion employed at all costs including the playoffs. Am I wrong?

The point being Toronto was mocked relentlessly throughout their drought. They fired Ferguson JR. They fired Brian Burke. They didn't wait around to see if they could by some fluke, stroke of luck, lack of injuries make it in year 6 or 7 like we seem to be doing.
Ya because they missed something like 11 out of 12 years.

But all those balls combines are Ottawa balls. the Ottawa logo was on the card flipped over for third overall, not San Jose
No,
The combination that drew third overall were all based on San Jose combinations,
That’s a fact. Ottawa owned it, but they were all based on San Jose combinations.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yes. I agree with you. All these things happened because Dorion traded Karlsson to San Jose, and in return got their 1st round pick in 2020 (among other things).

Thank you for confirming this for the 4th time in this thread.

Much like how we traded Yashin to the NY Islanders and got a 2nd overall pick from the Islanders, which we used to select Jason Spezza.

when Norris and the San Jose draft pick was sent to Ottawa, they BOTH became property of the Ottawa Senators, and EK65 became a Shark

Ya because they missed something like 11 out of 12 years.

No,
The combination that drew third overall were all based on San Jose combinations,
That’s a fact.
Yes, and that draft pick belonged to Ottawa… they won and picked third overall… absolute proof they won

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
when Norris and the San Jose draft pick was sent to Ottawa, they BOTH became property of the Ottawa Senators, and EK65 became a Shark
Yes, that's exactly what happens when a trade is completed.

The pick that was formerly the property of the San Jose Sharks (and therefore its place on the lottery board determined by the Sharks' standings), became property of the Ottawa Senators.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Yes, and that draft pick belonged to Ottawa… they won and picked third overall… absolute proof they won
Yep San Jose lottery combinations not Ottawas. Facts.
San Jose lottery combinations reflect who the lottery odds belonged to.
I’m done, being too obtuse.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yes, that's exactly what happens when a trade is completed.

The pick that was formerly the property of the San Jose Sharks (and therefore its place on the lottery board determined by the Sharks' standings), became property of the Ottawa Senators.

In 2020, the NHL draft Lottery consisted of three separate lotteries, to determine the first three picks overall… the teams that won the lotteries picked accordingly.

Ottawa selected third overal, by virtue of winning the third lottery.

It’s just that simple.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
In 2020, the NHL draft Lottery consisted of three separate lotteries, to determine the first three picks overall… the teams that won the lotteries picked accordingly.

Ottawa selected third overal, by virtue of winning the third lottery.

It’s just that simple.
Yes, I agree with you. With the pick that was formerly owned by San Jose, the Senators had the 3rd overall pick in 2020 and selected Tim Stutzle.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yep San Jose lottery combinations not Ottawas. Facts.
San Jose lottery combinations reflect who the lottery odds belonged to.
I’m done, being too obtuse.

San Jose did not have a 2020 first round draft pick… they traded it to Ottawa, and San Jose final overall ranking at the end of the season determined the odds for the draft picked they traded to Ottawa… it was their pick… just like Josh Norris was a Senator.

I accept you surrender

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yes, I agree with you. With the pick that was formerly owned by San Jose, the Senators had the 3rd overall pick in 2020 and selected Tim Stutzle.

finally you agree that Ottawa won the third lottery and retained the third overall selection.

San Jose could NOT win any of the three lotteries as they did NOT have a first round draft pick….. they do have a defenceman who is going to be a Norris trophy winner…. Unless you think otherwise?

San Jose did not have a 2020 first round draft pick… they traded it to Ottawa, and San Jose final overall ranking at the end of the season determined the odds for the draft picked they traded to Ottawa… it was their pick… just like Josh Norris was a Senator.

I accept your surrender.
1687214259344.gif

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I thought this was the goal though? Keep Dorion employed at all costs including the playoffs. Am I wrong?

The point being Toronto was mocked relentlessly throughout their drought. They fired Ferguson JR. They fired Brian Burke. They didn't wait around to see if they could by some fluke, stroke of luck, lack of injuries make it in year 6 or 7 like we seem to be doing.
The f*** are you on about now?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
There's no debate. We're just all agreeing with eachother profusely.

you’re saying the Ottawa did NOT win a draft lottery ( ever ) I say they won the third lottery in 2020.

So, if ( as you say ) Ottawa has not won a draft lottery who do you say won the third lottery in 2020, and drafted third overall?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
you’re saying the Ottawa did NOT win a draft lottery ( ever ) I say they won the third lottery in 2020.

So, if ( as you say ) Ottawa has not won a draft lottery who do you say won the third lottery in 2020, and drafted third overall?
This is what I said:
1687215170592.png

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Dorion had to go out and acquire that pick. Otherwise, none of our picks have won the lottery (including the one that went to Colorado in the Duchene trade).

Reactions: Golden_Jet

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Buffalo: 12 seasons out of the playoffs.. 3GMs
Detroit: 7 seasons out of the playoffs ..2 GMs
Ottawa: 6 seasons out of the playoffs.. 1 GM
Anaheim 5 seasons out of the playoffs...2 GMs
San Jose: 4 seasons out of the playoffs..2 GMs

which one stands out to you?

Okay, now look at the number of seasons the first of these GMs were at the helm of their team when the drought started?

The circumstances were very different. Dorion was only on year 2 when the rebuild started. He took oven from Murray because of health issues. There was also the Melnyk factor.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Okay, now look at the number of seasons the first of these GMs were at the helm of their team when the drought started?

The circumstances were very different. Dorion was only on year 2 when the rebuild started. He took oven from Murray because of health issues. There was also the Melnyk factor.

You're comparing apples and oranges.
Golden_jet offered a good analysis. He said Buffalo.. And he explained. Numerous #1's..That actually turned my view around. So, yes, Buffalo is the zenith..

And you have some merit in what you are saying.

but I have to admit, my view is; we are at the 11th hour. Essentially, he has 1 more hour (figuratively) to get things finished. I would have said 2022/2023 was the 11th hour, but being fair, that was season 5 after the start of teardown. It is part of the window they are entitled to... Next year is season 6 and "no more time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad