Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
for the team... for him????

90 points, 78 games is roughly 96 points in 82.. That would have ranked him 14th in league scoring.

he is 51 in salary.

if his 90 +- 5 points hold and as others sign and move past him. As early as next season he will be in the 60's or 70's salary and top 20 in points.

now add year after year..

when you look at all 8 years, he will probably be around top 10 +-3 spots, point production and 100+- 5 spots salary.

Country man Leon D should be on suicide watch points the last 5 year 3+-1 spot. Salary 30+-2. By contract end points 3+- 1 spot.. Salary 50+- 5 spots.

New agent needed.. He and Leon Drai.. need to hold an Oktoberfest party in honor of their fired agents.

let's hope the kid holds up and a Nathan MacKinnon contract is waiting at the end.
Stuztle signed before he got 90 points

Same way Hughes signed a fair contract. Sens took on risk hoping he would be as good as they thought he would and Stuztle got security

The whole point of signing these guys long term before they explode is that. Sometimes it doesn’t work out ie Colin white

Reactions: Xspyrit

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Stuztle signed before he got 90 points

Same way Hughes signed a fair contract. Sens took on risk hoping he would be as good as they thought he would and Stuztle got security

The whole point of signing these guys long term before they explode is that. Sometimes it doesn’t work out ie Colin white
I am with you.

But from Stutzle's side.. bad move.. The club..brilliant.. Stutzle and his agent!!!! ouch.

The last 10 years have been governed by 2 "warning/red flag " contracts. and 2 "f'ng brilliant ones"

1) MacKinnon perhaps the most undervalued contract in recent NHL history
2) Draisaitle.. a sure fire HOF if his career ended today.. a Hart winner... Arguably the games 2nd or 3rd best player.. will play for a dollar value that will average out at 50th or so..

1) Austin M in TO on the brilliant side
2) Mitch Marner in TO just as brilliant

I am fascinated at how players,, and how their agents.. do not see these 4 contracts.. all signed in the last 10 years. And say; there is the template. There is the DO and the DO NOT.

Stutzle agent/his camp should have gave the Sens these options and asked them to choose one
1) 8 year at 11.5 million
2) 3 years at 8 million... in 6, 8, 10 yearly salary... qualify me thereafter at 10 M... and see me walk out the door after that. At age 24/25
3) 5 years at 9 million.. in 11,10, 9,8,7 yearly salary... end of year 4, we talk an 8 x 13 or you trade me.. at 7 M, I am beautiful to a contending team with little money. I am 25/26 years old
4) lets go through qualifying, arbitration, etc.. I am a free agent at 24/25...

Sens would never do 1)... could take a chance on 4)...option 4) is Stutzle's highest risk. Both sides are taking huge risks. He is one injury away. They have a disgruntled 90 point man, who is looking at the door.. which will open in year 6,,, as you will want to trade him one year earlier. Gone at age 23/24....

Leaves options 2) and 3).. Timmie makes a few million more per season.. still can command an insane follow up contract...

Every agent office needs to have four pictures up everywhere.. and as computer background image and as cell phone background image: MacKinnon, Draisaitle, Mathews and Marner.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
First off I think Dorion did a pretty amazing rebuilding this franchise but I beleive moving forward we need a new coach and a new gm for us to get to the next level.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
lol @ people who think Dorion will get fired today.
what do you envision happening?

Leave him in his post and bring in a POHO? That would/could solve some issues.. appease public anger.. buy them time.... buy him time to start looking elsewhere.... Buy him time to bond with the POHO and new ownership, so that he may be kept on.

Do you think DJ Smith is safe?

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Leave him in his post and bring in a POHO? That would/could solve some issues.. appease public anger.. buy them time.... buy him time to start looking elsewhere.... Buy him time to bond with the POHO and new ownership, so that he may be kept on.

If Andlauer really is bringing in guys from the OHL (Staios and Roy), I don't know how you do that without the current group in place running the draft, free agency and training camps. At which point, you leave them on until you find a reason to fire them after the season starts. Now, with that said, if Dorion's recommendation is to replace DJ and his staff, then I guess Andlauer gets his preferred HC in right away.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We never externally hired a GM during Melnyk's entire ownership tenure. Hard to believe, but it's true, and we've only ever fired the guy he inherited from previous ownership. I'm looking forward to opening ourselves up to a bigger pool whenever change does come and having more accountability in the position going forward.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If Andlauer really is bringing in guys from the OHL (Staios and Roy), I don't know how you do that without the current group in place running the draft, free agency and training camps. At which point, you leave them on until you find a reason to fire them after the season starts. Now, with that said, if Dorion's recommendation is to replace DJ and his staff, then I guess Andlauer gets his preferred HC in right away.
Staois is with EDM Oilers right now as a special assistant to the GM, not Hamilton.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

The Roy-Andlauer connection is being overstated, based on everything I've read. This all started with Dreger saying "one of the bidders may want to talk to Roy", and somehow morphed into Roy being Andlauer's guy.

Obviously Staois is another story.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

This is what I see happening:

I think Staios comes on as POHO, Dorion stays as GM, and the coach is whatever Dorion said he was submitting as recommendation for ownership/Staios. Obviously Staios would have a bit of say in what coach gets hired (assuming DJ even gets fired in the first place).

Then next season, Staios gets a season to oversee how Dorion runs things. If he's happy, Dorion stays, if not, Dorion could go as soon as mid-season.

It would be rare and completely bizarre for a new owner to clean house asap when the team is clearly trending in the right direction.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Safe as can be

• Haha
Reactions: Xspyrit

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dorion and the rest of the staff including DJ won’t be fired until at least after the draft if that is the direction they go

I could see Bergevin as the next GM possibly

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'd be shitting bricks if I were Dorion and DJ right now. It's likely a matter of time more than anything, but I agree with the idea that it isn't going to happen immediately.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
This is what I see happening:

I think Staios comes on as POHO, Dorion stays as GM, and the coach is whatever Dorion said he was submitting as recommendation for ownership/Staios. Obviously Staios would have a bit of say in what coach gets hired (assuming DJ even gets fired in the first place).

Then next season, Staios gets a season to oversee how Dorion runs things. If he's happy, Dorion stays, if not, Dorion could go as soon as mid-season.

It would be rare and completely bizarre for a new owner to clean house asap when the team is clearly trending in the right direction.
get ready to jump.

1) bring in a POHO
2) actually extend Dorion to 2024/2025. lame duck is unhealthy.
3) new coach... or extend DJ to 2024/2025..lame duck is unhealthy

give the combo 2 years (POHO/Dorion/new coach or POHO/Dorion/DJ). If it works, all is well. If it fails, everyone on the team is still very young.. and the year lost is only a minor glitch.

Reactions: Que
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad