Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We’ve been doing the same thing for 7 years.

At this point, any change would be a huge positive, just based on the fact we aren’t going back to the tried and true.

It would be the first actual philosophy shift in the past 20 years.
20+ years. Not one external GM hire ever under Melnyk. ZERO. 2 promotions and no firings other than the inherited guy. Pretty incredible. You'd think we're the New England Patriots or something.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
20+ years. Not one external GM hire ever under Melnyk. ZERO. 2 promotions and no firings other than the inherited guy. Pretty incredible. You'd think we're the New England Patriots or something.
He cut operations to the bone and asked the guy who he pays to be his GM to run a rag-tag penny-pinching operation. Who the f*** did you think was lined up for that job???

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
No one wants the owner picking the GM or the Coach. Just have the owner pick the president.

You really are going with this eh. I have to imagine you were a friend or something.

Insane stuff. Lets get real the majority of posters want analytics guys they really dont like people with real hands on experience.

I think you are on twitter too much if you think Staios as GM is all but guaranteed.
Don't go to twitter, only see them here.

But ya, that should be two separate statements on my part.

Staios sounding likely, but more so that it's all but guaranteed Dorion is gone under new ownership, imo anyways.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If Staois is GM then they probably have a president who has the actual power like mtl

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Don't go to twitter, only see them here.

But ya, that should be two separate statements on my part.

Staios sounding likely, but more so that it's all but guaranteed Dorion is gone under new ownership, imo anyways.
I dont know if its likely, I actually hope its not. Not because I dont think he can do a job I honestly dont know. Its more because I think the president is hopefully the one picking the GM not the owner.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I dont know if its likely, I actually hope its not. Not because I dont think he can do a job I honestly dont know. Its more because I think the president is hopefully the one picking the GM not the owner.
That's fair. I think I felt like the way Button put it out there that it felt like a plant job, but maybe much ado about nothing.

I'm just excited. Finally, some change is coming.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No one wants the owner picking the GM or the Coach. Just have the owner pick the president.

You really are going with this eh. I have to imagine you were a friend or something.

So we agree, the owner would be smart to allow the GM select or fire a Coach.

Yes, the Owner should pick the President….

A Friend of who?

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Others have touched on it but it would seem like the best course of action for Andlauer would be to embed his own guy in Staios as POHO, have him observe, assess and soak up what Dorion is doing and if he doesn't like it Dorion goes mid season and Staios does double duty as POHO and GM.

It's a PR move as much as a hedge your bets move. No risk, no drawback, no rocking the boat too much.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Others have touched on it but it would seem like the best course of action for Andlauer would be to embed his own guy in Staios as POHO, have him observe, assess and soak up what Dorion is doing and if he doesn't like it Dorion goes mid season and Staios does double duty as POHO and GM.

It's a PR move as much as a hedge your bets move. No risk, no drawback, no rocking the boat too much.

That makes business sense

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I picture an on camera WCW or WWE staged takeover like the McMahon/Bischoff days. Andlauer charges in with the kick to the groin and stuns Dorion, then throws him over the balcony. Then he angrily storms down the corridor throwing chairs, kicking garbage cans and shouting obscenities the whole way, and finishing it off with a DJ smash and pin for a smooth finish.

Then he calls out the new crew in matching t shirts NWO style.

Stone Cold.gif

NWO.gif

Last edited:

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada

Probably the worst thing that Andlauer could do. He has years of trade history and signings to evaluate Dorion on.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Probably the worst thing that Andlauer could do. He has years of trade history and signings to evaluate Dorion on.
The worst thing he could do simply because it means keeping PD around?

I'd love to hear your reasoning on why immediately hiring Steve Staios (specifically) as GM is that much of a better move.

And "because he's not Pierre Dorion" isn't an adequate answer.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Something like that could happen once he has control of the team .. It would not happen in the interim. IE Draft / Free Agency. Not sure if that is Staios at that time or Chiarelli who he is using as an advisor (reportedly) .

It will be interesting to see what happens. I think Dorion and DJ are safe to start the season .. it will all be about timing.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Something like that could happen once he has control of the team .. It would not happen in the interim. IE Draft / Free Agency. Not sure if that is Staios at that time or Chiarelli who he is using as an advisor (reportedly) .

It will be interesting to see what happens. I think Dorion and DJ are safe to start the season .. it will all be about timing.
True, and this is partially why I think holding on to PD and have someone like Staios (if he is so trusted) babysit him for Andlauer is a viable option. There isn't much time to do much more and the hard work leading into the season will be done by the time Andlauer has full grip on the reins.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So many here were against getting eichel cause he apparently had no heart

Man did he prove everyone wrong

Reactions: JungleBeat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad