Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't think he ment it the way it sounded. To me there are two different kinds to the word 'character.' It obviously means whether you have good character or not, but I believe he ment it as Stutzle is a character as in jokes around a bunch, boisterous ect. So I don't think he ment Europeans have bad character, more that they can be more stoic and reserved.
Gotcha. Ill have to give it a listen at some point when I have time again.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
There appears to be better options that wont be much more expensive. Hill, Andersen, Varlamov, Jarry, Raanta. There are only so many landing spots and Ottawa is a legit chance to be a #1.
I'd love each of those guys (except Jarry), but I think each of them would easily get $2.5+ in FA. I think the list I have has objectively worse goalies, but might be able to get them on a decent deal

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd love each of those guys (except Jarry), but I think each of them would easily get $2.5+ in FA. I think the list I have has objectively worse goalies, but might be able to get them on a decent deal
2.5 million isnt bad for one of those guys... Its going to be marginally more for a much more capable player.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
Awesome, you rock man. I tried but I was about ready to smash my phone trying to find the actual interview and getting through the intolerable banter.

I like to hear he threw Melnyk under the bus. Hopefully we get more of that.

I can't believe he said that though. It's 2023, gotta do a better job and not spew the Don Cherry race bs when doing pr.
I'm just going to assume he meant "for a young guy speaking English as a second a language and playing in a new country, he was outgoing and fit in quickly.

I don't think we have seen any Cherry stuff from Dorion. I wouldn't let him near a microphone to announce attendance.

related:

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Dorion growing a pair and throwing a dead man under a bus for no apparent reason. Stone was extended here because he wanted to get out ASAP after the team was torn apart. There’s a reason he was dead set on going to arbitration to take him to FA.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Dorion growing a pair and throwing a dead man under a bus for no apparent reason. Stone was extended here because he wanted to get out ASAP after the team was torn apart. There’s a reason he was dead set on going to arbitration to take him to FA.
No reason Melnyk should be protected just because he passed away. I wish we got more than what we've gotten from Dorion and Mendes/Strang and we probably will get more as time moves along.

It seems pretty believable considering Melnyk drove away Alfie twice, Karlsson once, and a very long laundry list of financially dictated moves dating back well prior to Dorion's tenure as GM.

Maybe Dorion made a deal with the devil and some feel he needs to stfu and wear it, but I certainly want to hear more.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
No reason Melnyk should be protected just because he passed away. I wish we got more than what we've gotten from Dorion and Mendes/Strang and we probably will get more as time moves along.

It seems pretty believable considering Melnyk drove away Alfie twice, Karlsson once, and a very long laundry list of financially dictated moves dating back well prior to Dorion's tenure as GM.

Maybe Dorion made a deal with the devil and some feel he needs to stfu and wear it, but I certainly want to hear more.
Seems like he knows his time on the Sens is coming to an end and that he’ll likely never be an NHL GM again so he’s trying to save face by pinning his terrible moves on the owner.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Dorion interview today was great, the uproar over certain quotes is silly

But yeah I’m feeling Dubas to Ott as POHO

f*** Pittsburgh

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Seems like he knows his time on the Sens is coming to an end and that he’ll likely never be an NHL GM again so he’s trying to save face by pinning his terrible moves on the owner.

I was a very vocal critic of Pierre. However I haven't been much of a hater since the shitty owner died tbh.

Eugene was the worst active in owner in major league North American sports I absolutly believe Pierre he when he says it was Eugene who wanted to trade him rather than pay.

Turris echoe'd similar comments. Dorion has to take all of that or lose his job.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I was a very vocal critic of Pierre. However I haven't been much of a hater since the shitty owner died tbh.

Eugene was the worst active in owner in major league North American sports I absolutly believe Pierre he when he says it was Eugene who wanted to trade him rather than pay.

Turris echoe'd similar comments. Dorion has to take all of that or lose his job.
Let's be real, Dorions best friend in hockey was Melnyk. No way he is ever made GM and kept GM without him.

Pierre better have a Eugene shrine in his house.

Reactions: asd1

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
End any sentence describing some one with "for a European" and make it sound good.

He is a good ________________; for a European.

lad
person
singer
dancer
guitarist
painter

Are you trying to imply that there is no difference between European Culture and North American Culture?

There clearly is, on many levels, and there is nothing right or wrong in pointing that out.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Wrong. Melnyk didn’t want to pay him what he was worth so Dorion had his hand forced and we dealt him

I’ve said this a million times before and I’ll say it again

Turris, Zibanejad, Karlsson, Stone, Pageau.

All dealt because Melnyk didn’t want to hand out the bag $$$ which forced Dorion to deal them . Teams knew this and therefore Dorion was dealing from a position of weakness.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Also I would be shocked if Dorion is trying to get Dubas for POHO. He’s insecure and doesn’t want anyone to threaten his job (Pierre McGuire anyone?) and Dubas would be a threat to him.

It is one reason why we have a small front office staff sadly .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad