Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
He put together a team that brought the pens to game 7 of the conference finals on a team with a crappy internal budget, twisting it into a failure or doing a poor job is just wrong.
Crappy external budget yet had Phanuef, Ceci, Burrows Smith etc on the roster taking up precious $$.

Murray & Dorion really set this team back. Finally that era is coming to an end.

Reactions: Cosmix

Hockeysawks

May 16, 2023
Crappy external budget yet had Phanuef, Ceci, Burrows Smith etc on the roster taking up precious $$.

Murray & Dorion really set this team back. Finally that era is coming to an end.
Murray set the team back trying to rebuild on the fly with Bobby Ryan as the guy. Dorion just saved the day and locked up a great group of players.
I would like to see you make the conference finals being short staffed short on resources and having the owner too cheap to pay for pop or hot water.
Even tho I personally think public bathrooms should not consume energy for silly things we don't need.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Anything interesting said?

Pretty interesting and lengthy interview. Touched on Debrincat at the end. Said they've had talks and they should know in the next couple weeks if he plans to sign long term. Mentions if they can't trade for a goalie, they might go with Forsberg and Soogard.

-talked about Snoop lol

-Bryan Murray

-The Uber incident

-Chris Neil

-How he felt about Tkachuk at the Calgary games last year in the playoffs

-Favourite moves and draft picks he's made

-Montreal Chief Scout told him day after the draft that they were going to take Pageau with the next pick right after us.

-Doesn't expect much turnover. Likes the defence now and our top 6

Reactions: JD1 and gab6511

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Couple other tidbits I found interesting:

-He said that in the locker room, the joke is that Hamonic is Capuano's son (i.e. favourite) and Austin Watson is DJ's. Nobody tell Connor Brown.

-He said in the 2020 draft they had four guys they really liked and they got two of them. Some of their scouts had Stutzle at one. Assuming the other two are Lafreniere and Byfield, that says a little about how they saw Raymond. At the time of the draft, there was chatter that Raymond was in consideration at 4.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Pretty interesting and lengthy interview. Touched on Debrincat at the end. Said they've had talks and they should know in the next couple weeks if he plans to sign long term. Mentions if they can't trade for a goalie, they might go with Forsberg and Soogard.

-talked about Snoop lol

-Bryan Murray

-The Uber incident

-Chris Neil

-How he felt about Tkachuk at the Calgary games last year in the playoffs

-Favourite moves and draft picks he's made

-Montreal Chief Scout told him day after the draft that they were going to take Pageau with the next pick right after us.

-Doesn't expect much turnover. Likes the defence now and our top 6
Thanks. Trying to listen now but holy f stfu please and get to the interview guys.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Has character for a European

200w.webp

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

For a european lol

this thread has a run down.

Awesome, you rock man. I tried but I was about ready to smash my phone trying to find the actual interview and getting through the intolerable banter.

I like to hear he threw Melnyk under the bus. Hopefully we get more of that.

I can't believe he said that though. It's 2023, gotta do a better job and not spew the Don Cherry race bs when doing pr.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Can see why they'd want a goalie, but why is a trade the only option versus free agency? An outcome of a trade is more assets out the door.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
DeBrincat is likely going to wake up one morning between now and the draft and ask Pierre to sign him long term.

It was a fun year. Hopefully Dorion can get something back.
Not a lot of turnover in the roster expected. Patching some pieces here and there.

Likely all to do with the sale .. No big moves although one would think moving DCat is an option vs 1yr 9m QO.
I would really like to see some good work go towards improving the the depth up front.

A goalie seems to be a maybe.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Nice candid interview. PD is really coming into his own on these podcasts.

Nice to hear a little more about the Stone deal, and how EM played a big part in that deal not being made.

I like these two dudes, they have a good casual but pointed podcast for interviews.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hoping we can get a guy for cheap in FA:
-Broissoit
-Blackwood
-Nedjelkovic
-Halak

All might be options
There appears to be better options that wont be much more expensive. Hill, Andersen, Varlamov, Jarry, Raanta. There are only so many landing spots and Ottawa is a legit chance to be a #1.

Reactions: Silencio

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Awesome, you rock man. I tried but I was about ready to smash my phone trying to find the actual interview and getting through the intolerable banter.

I like to hear he threw Melnyk under the bus. Hopefully we get more of that.

I can't believe he said that though. It's 2023, gotta do a better job and not spew the Don Cherry race bs when doing pr.

I don't think he ment it the way it sounded. To me there are two different kinds to the word 'character.' It obviously means whether you have good character or not, but I believe he ment it as Stutzle is a character as in jokes around a bunch, boisterous ect. So I don't think he ment Europeans have bad character, more that they can be more stoic and reserved.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
There appears to be better options that wont be much more expensive. Hill, Andersen, Varlamov, Jarry, Raanta. There are only so many landing spots and Ottawa is a legit chance to be a #1.
I just hope that they are more active in free agency than they have been in the past. They will have new owners (hopefully with deep pockets) and have a good nucleus of good, young players.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't think he ment it the way it sounded. To me there are two different kinds to the word 'character.' It obviously means whether you have good character or not, but I believe he ment it as Stutzle is a character as in jokes around a bunch, boisterous ect. So I don't think he ment Europeans have bad character, more that they can be more stoic and reserved.

End any sentence describing some one with "for a European" and make it sound good.

He is a good ________________; for a European.

lad
person
singer
dancer
guitarist
painter

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeah that’s my take as well, it was a positive comment, and a side bar really, in a solid segment about Timmy.

Reactions: Daffy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad