Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part IX [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
we had Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, Pageau, Hoffman, etc in their primes to sell off. and we have picked high for 6 years.

Not seeing 4 first overalls there, let alone other high ones they had.

Here are the high picks Sens had in the 6 years.
2017 - 28th
2018 - 4th
2019 - 19th
2020 - SJ 3rd, Sens 5th
2021 - 10th
2022 - 64th

so how long has it been?

we drafted Brady in 2018, now we are entering the 7th season since.
New funky math

Last edited:

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Not seeing 4 first overalls there, let alone other high ones they had.

Here are the high picks Sens had in the 6 years.
2017 - 28th
2018 - 4th
2019 - 19th
2020 - SJ 3rd, Sens 5th
2021 - 10th
2022 - 64th

New funky math

when you put it like that, it's crazy to see how the rebuild was saved from utter failure by the fluke of two picks in one draft.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
1682537147720.png

But we've been rebuilding for "7 years"!

Lmfao.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Now now Hale. 7 years. It'll get repeated often enough and become a fact.

Stick to your fantasy world. You appear not to do well in reality

You can point out when someone is wrong without juvenile name calling and personal attacks.

Argue like an adult and you'll be treated like one.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Now now Hale. 7 years. It'll get repeated often enough and become a fact.

Stick to your fantasy world. You appear not to do well in reality
You wanna tell us how long the rebuild has been going on since you're the Einstein of math or whatever.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You wanna tell us how long the rebuild has been going on since you're the Einstein of math or whatever.
We actually have a date for the rebuild beginning, Dorion stated the decision to rebuild was made when he met with Melnyk in Feb 2018, so 5 years and 2-3 months.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
True but we started rebuilding one year later after the Duchene trade disaster, at the 2018 trade deadline/offseason.

So it's been 5 years.

No we started rebuilding when Dorion put together the excrement that was the 2018 team that crashed and when Dorion was called to Barbados and extended.

That was 2017-2018, the year the team was bad enough to pick #4.

That was six years ago and we are now entering the 7th season since.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
View attachment 697119

But we've been rebuilding for "7 years"!

Lmfao.

I'm confused.

6 seasons ago we were second last.

Does the second to last team in the entirety of the NHL after the regular season make the playoffs? Maybe you can enlighten us. I had no idea the worse you did, the more likely you were to make the playoffs.

Count them. The only team worse than us 6 seasons ago was Buffalo.

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
7 years.

You can't count either eh?

Typically they teach you to count in grade 2.

He did say « we are entering year 7 ».

Bit of a stretch to say April is « entering » a season but given the fact the sens are eliminated I understand.

Reactions: Loach

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'm confused.

6 seasons ago we were second last.

Does the second to last team in the entirety of the NHL after the regular season make the playoffs? Maybe you can enlighten us. I had no idea the worse you did, the more likely you were to make the playoffs.

Count them. The only team worse than us 6 seasons ago was Buffalo.
Yes, you definitely are confused. You said earlier in this thread it was 7 years since the rebuild started. Now you're saying it's 6?

2017 was 6 years ago.
Did the rebuild start in 2017?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Yes, you definitely are confused. You said earlier in this thread it was 7 years since the rebuild started. Now you're saying it's 6?

Did the rebuild start in 2017?

We missed the playoffs. We are headed into year 7 of this rebuild.

Or do you want to declare success as we sit and watch the first round of the playoffs without being in it?

This is year 7. Who will we re-sign? Who will we add? Who will we let walk? Who will we trade for or trade away? Dorion has already started his year 7. Why? Because instead of being a successful general manager he is watching the playoffs and making decisions about the Ottawa Senators who are not a playoff team. Talbot won't be back if you want an example of a year 7 move.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
We missed the playoffs. We are headed into year 7 of this rebuild.

Or do you want to declare success as we sit and watch the first round of the playoffs without being in it?
So you're declaring that we're going to miss the playoffs next year too? Wanna tell me who's going to win the cup too since you apparently have a crystal ball?

You can't round down at one end, then round up at the other end.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You can point out when someone is wrong without juvenile name calling and personal attacks.

Argue like an adult and you'll be treated like one.
Well now, that's an interesting take.

I'm going to remind you that I wasn't just good with moving Karlsson, I advocated for it. So, if you want to talk about name calling and personal attacks, well, I think I probably hold the record for being the victim of such. And I'm not talking grade 2 math insults. And all of that content was allowed to stand, so spare me the bullshit.

When you start demonstrating an adult level of objectivity, I'll start treating you more like an adult. Now, that seems reasonable doesn't it?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
This is year 7. Who will we re-sign? Who will we add? Who will we let walk? Who will we trade for or trade away? Dorion has already started his year 7. Why? Because instead of being a successful general manager he is watching the playoffs and making decisions about the Ottawa Senators who are not a playoff team. Talbot won't be back if you want an example of a year 7 move.
Cool. Wanna remind me what happened at the beginning of year 1 of "the rebuild"? Didn't we trade for Duchene during year 1 of the rebuild? That doesn't sound like a rebuilding team to me.

Also, what happens if we make the playoffs at the end of year 7? Does that mean year 7 is still a rebuilding year or not?

You can't have it both ways.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Cool. Wanna remind me what happened at the beginning of year 1 of "the rebuild"? Didn't we trade for Duchene during year 1 of the rebuild? That doesn't sound like a rebuilding team to me.

Also, what happens if we make the playoffs at the end of year 7? Does that mean year 7 is still a rebuilding year or not?

You can't have it both ways.

Yeah. Dorion sold off assets to finish second to last lmao.

And this is a reason to give him the benefit of the doubt? I am understanding you correctly here?

We should stick by Dorion because of his colossal misjudgment of where this team was at relative to the rest of the league.

Reactions: asd1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad