GM Game #7 by 79AM, RR, and IR4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rc258667

May 20, 2009
Trade

:canes

Carolina is looking to dump Samsonov and Brind"amour.

Also still looking to move 4th overall pick.

PM with offers.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Rangers confirm.

Likewise, the Rangers are estatic to add Frolov, we feel very confident that we could work out a contract with him and think he provides the neccessary secondary scoring that we truely lack. We didn't have to give up any major assets and have acquired an All-Star potential player.

:rangers still willing to part with some top prospects or picks to get rid of bad contracts.
Didn't give up any major assets? You gave up the one single player on the Rangers I would consider untradeable and you got back yet another player with a crappy character and work ethic in Frolov.

Forget the fact that he's a pending free agent.

Awful.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Didn't give up any major assets? You gave up the one single player on the Rangers I would consider untradeable and you got back yet another player with a crappy character and work ethic in Frolov.

Forget the fact that he's a pending free agent.

Awful.

Thank you, I truely appreciate your opinion but I can run my organization as I see fit without having you question me. Thank God this isn't real life that we are losing our character guy, because it's hard to lose a character guy in a fake gm :laugh:

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
If I can pull off the one more deal that I've got lined up and sign one guy in FA, the Kings are going to be legit contenders. Added Sarich, Stajan, and Callahan while losing nobody off my current roster, and I essentially lost two 3rd round picks and the rights to a guy who wouldn't re-sign with me.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:stars

Looking to ship out Mike Ribeiro, Trevor Daley, and Karlis Skrastins. Preferably a #2 center and top pairing defenseman comes back in return.

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
NYI's #6 overall can be moved for the right combination. Top pairing defenseman or forward must be included.

All other picks available, as well as any player except Tavares, Okposo, Bailey, deHaan, Hamonic

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:leafs

Unconfirmed Source out of T.O saying Kaberle is on his way out of town...more to come....

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
:stanley: Stanley Cup Champions :stanley:

Chicago Blackhawks :hawks

:caps 3

:hawks 5

:handclap:

2 Finals victories + a Conf finals loss in the 3 GM games I have played since rejoining you guys a few months back

Now with that said

Seabrook deal is nearly finished get your final offers in
Sharp deal in works could be finished soon enough
Byfuglien interest has been look warm
1 GM has expressed interest in Kopecky
1 GM has expressed interest in Sopel
No Gm's have expressed interest in Huet

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
David Backes Named Blues Captain
lead_backes_david.jpg

Eric Brewer is on the trading block and is expected to be traded soon.

The St. Louis Blues have stripped Eric Brewer of his captaincy and have named David Backes the captain of the St. Louis Blues.

"Apparently they talked to Eric and he agreed that the 'C' be placed on my jersey. It's a true honor to be named captain of this fine organization. They have treated me with the highest class all my career and I hope to remain a Blue a very long time. The captaincy is one of the highest honors bestowed upon any one player and to be named captain is amazing."

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Barring any last minute wow type offers

Sharp on his way to Pacific Div team
Seabrook on his way to Pacific Div team
Byfuglien on his way to Pacific Div team

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
200px-ChicagoBlackhawksLogo.svg.png

Trade to announce

The Chicago Blackhawks have trade W/C Patrick Sharp to the Phoenix Coyotes for LW Brett Maclean and C/W Victor Tikhonov

We are sad to see such a great player go but we have to consider the long term cap health of our franchise. Maclean will get the chance to win the 2nd line LW slot this upcoming season and we plan to use Tikhonov on our 3rd line as a replacement for C John Madden. Tikhonov much like Sharp prefers to play the wing but for short term he is comfortable with his role on our team

Thank You to Patrick for helping the Hawks to our 1st Stanley Cup in almost a half century

So in review

Sharp to Coyotes

Maclean and Tikhonov to Hawks

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:facepalm: at King Canuck posting the trade before I told him he could, god damnit

:flames

Are looking to move Robyn Regehr to a Cup Contending team. Will listen to offers for Jarome Iginla but once again, you must be an elite team. (SJ, Chi, Wash, Pitt, NJ)

Last edited:

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
200px-ChicagoBlackhawksLogo.svg.png

Trade to announce

The Chicago Blackhawks have trade W/C Patrick Sharp to the Phoenix Coyotes for LW Brett Maclean and C/W Victor Tikhonov

We are sad to see such a great player go but we have to consider the long term cap health of our franchise. Maclean will get the chance to win the 2nd line LW slot this upcoming season and we plan to use Tikhonov on our 3rd line as a replacement for C John Madden. Tikhonov much like Sharp prefers to play the wing but for short term he is comfortable with his role on our team

Thank You to Patrick for helping the Hawks to our 1st Stanley Cup in almost a half century

So in review

Sharp to Coyotes

Maclean and Tikhonov to Hawks

Confirmed. It's always tough to give up prospects like Tikh and MacLean, but we are firm in our belief that our prospect depth is deep, and that a forward like Patrick Sharp can step in and pay immediate dividends to our top six for years to come. And adding a player of his caliber allows us to let forwards like Kyle Turris, Mikkel Boedker and Alexandre Picard develop in San Antonio.

We head into 2010-11 expecting to be a WC favorite to reach the SC finals. We've improved our veteran depth, locked up some young, key vets to long-term contracts, while preserving our youthful depth that includes a pair of 2010 1sts and a 2nd.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
When do unqualified RFAs become UFAs?

We haven't set a date for free agency yet so GMs still have time to qualified their players. However, I think that it QO should be done as soon as possible to avoid some problems. It's not complicated guys.

Free agency will likely start late in the week.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
***REGARDING FREE AGENCY***

We will need at least 6 agents for UFAs in free agency (3 for the forwards, 2 for the defensemen and 1 for the goalies). Free agency start will be set when we will have all the agents. Please show your interest to be an agent in this thread.

IMPORTANT NOTE : When you trade for a player UFA rights, remember that he may not sign with your team. Usually, for a good/great player, a 2nd round pick is the most that you should have to give. Also, it may be hard to convince me that a player should not test the UFA market to play for a team that just acquired his rights. At least, make sure that your offer is worth it.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs DOWNIE AND LAPIERRE RE-SIGN

The Montreal Canadiens announced today that they have re-signed Steve Downie and Maxim Lapierre to new contracts. Downie signed a 7.5M$ for 3 years deal while Lapierre signed a 1 year extension worth 900k.

A press conference is scheduled for later today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad