GM Game #7 by 79AM, RR, and IR4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Pretty busy tonight guys. I'll respond to all PMs in the early morning. Don't worry about the NTCs, it's my fault I didn't get back to them by Midnight, so it won't count against you. Once I approve them, they'll be valid.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
***ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE DRAFT***

The Stanley Cup winners will likely be announced at some point tonight. Trades will resumed after.

After that, you will have until midnight ET on Tuesday to make trades involving 2010 picks. That's also the deadline to send in your draft list.

The draft results will be posted around 1PM ET on Wednesday.

post # 94

"trades involving 2010 picks"

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
trades are just postponed so Andre79 can run get a draft list figured out and auto everyones selection.

I believe you are allowed to trade again once Free Agency begins?

That is correct. Technically, if you want to negotiate them now, fine. But don't announce before draft results are posted.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
*** IMPORTANT : JOKINEN TO MINNESOTA TRADE VETOED ***

Minnesota 2010 2nd round pick was already traded to the Capitals.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
*** IMPORTANT : DRAFT ORDER ***

I'm now done editing the draft order in the draft thread. If there is a mistake, you have until noon ET to tell me. This is the order I will be using.

BTW, you can still send in and announce trades. The only thing is that you can't trade 2010 picks anymore.

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
*** IMPORTANT : DRAFT LIST ***

I have received 11 valid lists (Ottawa, Anaheim, Edmonton, Phoenix, Minnesota, Washington, Los Angeles, Carolina, Toronto, New York Islanders and Chicago). Another list was sent after the deadline so I will not consider it.

If your team isn't listed here and that you sent me your list before the deadline, please PM me with the proof that it was sent in time and I will gladly make the change.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
*** WE NEED UFA AGENTS ***

WE STILL NEED 1 AGENT TO SPLIT THE JOB WITH CD AND I FOR THE FORWARDS.

3 agents for the forwards (Classic Devil, 79 André Marcoux, need 1 more)
2 agents for the defensemen (habsman56 and RR COMPLETE)
1 agent for the goalies (BiLLY_ShOE1721 COMPLETE)

Please show your interest in the thread.

Last edited:

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
What do you guys think currently? Any areas I need to look at?

:nucks

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson
Grabner - Wellwood - Bernier
Hansen - Johnson - Rypien
Ex: Hordichuk

Green - Mitchell
Edler - Ehrhoff
O'Brien - Salo
Ex: Alberts

Luongo
Raycroft

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
What do you guys think currently? Any areas I need to look at?

:nucks

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson
Grabner - Wellwood - Bernier
Hansen - Johnson - Rypien
Ex: Hordichuk

Green - Mitchell
Edler - Ehrhoff
O'Brien - Salo
Ex: Alberts

Luongo
Raycroft

I don't like Samuelsson on the 2nd line... but maybe it's just me! ;)

This team is seriously impressive and they would be pretty much unstoppable with another top 6 forward IMO.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
I don't like Samuelsson on the 2nd line... but maybe it's just me! ;)

This team is seriously impressive and they would be pretty much unstoppable with another top 6 forward IMO.

He has 30 goals IRL, that's the line he plays on for the Vancouver Canucks in real life. And he has I believe he has 30 goals because of it.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs CAM FOWLER A HAB!

With no surprise, the Montreal Canadiens have selected defenseman Cam Fowler with the 3rd overall pick of the 2010 entry draft.

Fowler is very strong in every areas of his game and he has all the tools to become a franchise defenseman. He was actually our favourite prospect in the entire draft. No disrespect to Hall and Seguin but we believe that Fowler will turn out to be the most dominant player at his position.

Fowler will likely play another season in the OHL. We don't feel the need to rush him, especially when we consider that we will already have a rookie in our defense next season with PK Subban. We fully expect Fowler to be with us for the 2011-2012 season.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
He has 30 goals IRL, that's the line he plays on for the Vancouver Canucks in real life. And he has I believe he has 30 goals because of it.

The question is to know if he can repeat. I'm not saying he can't get the job done on the 2nd line but if I were the GM of the Canucks, I would try to get an upgrade.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:habs CAM FOWLER A HAB!

With no surprise, the Montreal Canadiens have selected defenseman Cam Fowler with the 3rd overall pick of the 2010 entry draft.

Fowler is very strong in every areas of his game and he has all the tools to become a franchise defenseman. He was actually our favourite prospect in the entire draft. No disrespect to Hall and Seguin but we believe that Fowler will turn out to be the most dominant player at his position.

Fowler will likely play another season in the OHL. We don't feel the need to rush him, especially when we consider that we will already have a rookie in our defense next season with PK Subban. We fully expect Fowler to be with us for the 2011-2012 season.

If things pan out:

Markov - Subban
Fowler - Weber
Carle - O'Byrne/Gorges

I like it :yo:

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
The question is to know if he can repeat. I'm not saying he can't get the job done on the 2nd line but if I were the GM of the Canucks, I would try to get an upgrade.

I guess, but at 2.5M, and with the insane chemistry he has with them, I think it would be better to keep him.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
If things pan out:

Markov - Subban
Fowler - Weber
Carle - O'Byrne/Gorges

I like it :yo:

Weber was traded earlier in the game.

Of course we won't play it until the 2011-2012 season but if we were, I would try to sign/acquire a big defensive veteran defenseman to play with Fowler :

Markov-Subban
Fowler-TBD
Gorges-O'Byrne

This defense would look sick for years to come IMO!

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Weber was traded earlier in the game.

Of course we won't play it until the 2011-2012 season but if we were, I would try to sign/acquire a big defensive veteran defenseman to play with Fowler :

Markov-Subban
Fowler-TBD
Gorges-O'Byrne

This defense would look sick for years to come IMO!

My bad, didn't see that part. Still looks really good though, if you could get somebody like... the future Francois Beauchemin in there, it would be amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad