GM Chuck Fletcher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Boy I wish we had talent

As I posted a couple months ago:

Here are the final totals for each teams top 6 scorers.

Tampa Bay - 429
Pittsburgh - 427
Philadelphia - 421
New York Isles - 403
Washington - 394
Florida - 392
Winnipeg - 383
Colorado - 380
Boston - 378
Vegas - 378
Dallas - 362
Toronto - 354
Minnesota - 353
Nashville - 342
Los Angeles - 342
St Louis - 335
Calgary - 327
Edmonton - 324
San Jose - 320
Carolina - 319
Columbus - 310
Ottawa - 308
Buffalo - 300
New Jersey - 300
Chicago - 299
Anaheim - 294
Arizona - 280
Vancouver - 279
Detroit - 275
Montreal - 265
New York Rags - 264

A team that's "very thin on talent" doesn't do that. They certainly have a lot of high end talent.

The Flyers stars carried the team, but the coach and his use of his favorite players held them back.

Liars gonna lie.

Defending the coach by saying the team lacks talent is as lazy as it gets.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
It is funny. He got the forsberg signing right like 13 years ago and has been riding that wave ever since. I cant recall another story he successfully broke in that time frame.

I remember he got one right, couldn't remember which one, but if you throw enough shit at the wall you're bound to get something.

I've kind of been away for a long time, lurking occasionally, so that name i haven't heard in a long time.

The irony of the shit show of the last couple seasons is I'm back into hockey like i haven't been in years lol

Reactions: Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Boy I wish we had talent

Liars gonna lie.

The same idiots defending Hak now were the same ones saying "we are what our record says we are", when we were a playoff team.

Well guess what idiots, our record says we are led by a dumbass that makes decisions that makes us worse. How you can defend him to the bitter end is actually disgusting.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The same idiots defending Hak now were the same ones saying "we are what our record says we are", when we were a playoff team.

Well guess what idiots, our record says we are led by a dumbass that makes decisions that makes us worse. How you can defend him to the bitter end is actually disgusting.

Don’t bother. Same thing happening with a moron in the old home of mine (HB).

I’m just enjoy the scrambling done by people who so valiantly defended a guy who has brought this franchise to the point of being a laughing stock. Their world is crashing and burning. I greatly enjoy this.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I am so glad Hak wasn't fired at the same time as Hextall. If he had been, there would have been media morons claiming it was unfair he never got the chance to coach without being "micro-managed". Well he did, and we all saw what happened.

2-4-2

NHL.com - Stats

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Boy I wish we had talent

Liars gonna lie.

WHAT? you mean the talent on this team is not that of a team dead last in the eastern conference?

it can't be! if it's not talent, then what else could it be??? hmm...

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I am so glad Hak wasn't fired at the same time as Hextall. If he had been, there would have been media morons claiming it was unfair he never got the chance to coach without being "micro-managed". Well he did, and we all saw what happened.

2-4-2

NHL.com - Stats

If they hire anyone outside of Q, then it was a big mistake.

There was nothing left to “evaluate”. I do think they just wanted to have someone behind the bench and let Fletcher pick his own guy instead of an interim for a couple weeks.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Even if people think the roster is flawed, doesn't it make sense to bring in a new coach to see if he can get the best out of this group with a new system? It's much easier/safer to replace a coach than to turn over the roster, especially when we know how poor a coach Hak is. We revamp the roster and we might regret some of the pieces we let go, we're not going to regret letting Hak go.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Even if people think the roster is flawed, doesn't it make sense to bring in a new coach to see if he can get the best out of this group with a new system? It's much easier/safer to replace a coach than to turn over the roster, especially when we know how poor a coach Hak is. We revamp the roster and we might regret some of the pieces we let go, we're not going to regret letting Hak go.

Yes, but I don’t think the people who expect large roster turnover are realistic either. Who from the core can they move? You can’t move Giroux, he’s too good. You can’t move Couts because you already have no center depth at the moment. You’re not going to get nearly enough value from moving Ghost considering his contract, unless it’s for a Truba or Parayko, which is doubtful. Can’t sell low on Provorov or Patrick. JVR is unmovable. The only moveable piece is Voracek, and you’re unlikely to get decent value back for him.

Much better off dealing Simmonds for whatever you can get, and euthanizing Weise and Macdonald. Those things, + Q hiring, + Myers getting recalled, + Morin getting healthy is my ideal end to this season.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yes, but I don’t think the people who expect large roster turnover are realistic either. Who from the core can they move? You can’t move Giroux, he’s too good. You can’t move Couts because you already have no center depth at the moment. You’re not going to get nearly enough value from moving Ghost considering his contract, unless it’s for a Truba or Parayko, which is doubtful. Can’t sell low on Provorov or Patrick. JVR is unmovable. The only moveable piece is Voracek, and you’re unlikely to get decent value back for him.

Much better off dealing Simmonds for whatever you can get, and euthanizing Weise and Macdonald. Those things, + Q hiring, + Myers getting recalled, + Morin getting healthy is my ideal end to this season.

I suspect Simmonds & Ghost are the core pieces who get traded.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You can move Voracek, Simmonds, JVR, Gudas, and Ghost.
As well as Raffl, Weal, Weise, Laughton, Hagg, Folin.

To me the core going forward is G, Couts, TK, Lindblom, Patrick at forward and Provorov, Sanheim and Myers on defense.

Now that doesn't mean you actually move out everyone, rather, you listen to offers, and see what you can add which is a better fit with your core players and your top prospects. And you may make overlapping deals, take a top wing prospect and a high draft pick for Voracek, then flip the draft pick for another forward, for example.

There are two things you want to accomplish:
1) reshape the roster to fit with what you want the team to look like going forward
2) make it clear that 7 years of mediocrity is enough (this started under Lavi in 2012-13).

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
I suspect Simmonds & Ghost are the core pieces who get traded.

I’ll be disappointed if Simmonds isn’t, all though I don’t consider him a core piece. I’ve always considered Ghost the most expendable piece due to Sanheim and Myers making him somewhat redundant, but I think he needs to return a top 4 RHD, someone who could make a legit top pairing with Provorov. Essentially an upgrade to Gudas.

Reactions: renberg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’ll be disappointed if Simmonds isn’t, all though I don’t consider him a core piece. I’ve always considered Ghost the most expendable piece due to Sanheim and Myers making him somewhat redundant, but I think he needs to return a top 4 RHD, someone who could make a legit top pairing with Provorov. Essentially an upgrade to Gudas.

You don't trade Ghost just to trade him, you trade him b/c Provorov, Sanheim and Ghost are all LH (and Hagg and Morin as well), Myers is probably a couple years away from top four status, and Friedman and Gudas are ideally third pair guys. So if Ghost is what it costs to land a veteran top four RHD (26-28 with cost control), so be it.

If JVR wants to go to a contender (and feels he was mislead), then you accommodate him, maybe take a bad contract or eat some money to get a better return.

And so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad