GM Chuck Fletcher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Certain posts on this board are worse than the trash you read on Reddit or Facebook.

wow...

Lies, shortsighted panicking, ridiculous complaints...

Last edited:
Reactions: kelmitchell

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
:laugh:

Anyone who thinks JVR plays a heavier power forward game than Voracek is certifiable. Voracek embraces contact with the puck and is a tank along the boards, using his derrière. The only place JVR plays a heavy game is at Wendy’s, embracing contact between his mouth and his Baconator.

Voracek is useless near the net b/c he lacks the hands to score, he's strictly a perimeter player.
Voracek is good at puck possession, but not puck retrieval, that is, he's not much of a forechecker.
And he's a puck hog, slows down the flow in the O-zone as he holds, waits, holds, . . .

JVR can establish position in the slot and make plays. He's not going to run people over, but he's not a perimeter player, either.

Neither is going to strike fear in the hearts of defensemen.
I'd move them both and replace them with Mark Stone.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Voracek is useless near the net b/c he lacks the hands to score, he's strictly a perimeter player.
Voracek is good at puck possession, but not puck retrieval, that is, he's not much of a forechecker.
And he's a puck hog, slows down the flow in the O-zone as he holds, waits, holds, . . .

JVR can establish position in the slot and make plays. He's not going to run people over, but he's not a perimeter player, either.

Neither is going to strike fear in the hearts of defensemen.
I'd move them both and replace them with Mark Stone.
Literally the most inaccurate scouting report ever concocted.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

*ahem*

A two-way defenseman.Hägg is capable of playing a pure defensive role, logging big minutes on the penalty kill, as well as contributing offensively and being valuable in power play situations. Furthermore, Hägg has good size and strength, very good vision, a heavy release and is also a mobile defenseman. Some consistency issues, although Hägg usually makes smarter plays while playing in the big league, rather than in the juniors. Lots of potential (EP, 2013)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Maybe if you watched the games? :sarcasm:

Voracek holds the puck in the O-zone 5 on 5 like he's on the PP with all the time in the world.

And he has the most inconsistent shot I can remember from a forward, it's not that it's always bad, rather, one in five is a perfect snipe, one in five is a whiff, three in five either miss the net or right into the goalie's belly.

Voracek is not good shooting in a crowd, he's best when he can set up on the perimeter, scan the ice, and spot someone coming open, he doesn't have the instincts of Giroux but when he sees his target, can put the puck on the stick blade.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
*ahem*

A two-way defenseman.Hägg is capable of playing a pure defensive role, logging big minutes on the penalty kill, as well as contributing offensively and being valuable in power play situations. Furthermore, Hägg has good size and strength, very good vision, a heavy release and is also a mobile defenseman. Some consistency issues, although Hägg usually makes smarter plays while playing in the big league, rather than in the juniors. Lots of potential (EP, 2013)

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
1. Fire Hak and Hire Q

2. Trade for Tarasenko, only untouchables G, Coots, Neck, Patrick?, Provy, Sanheim, Hart

3. Trade simmer

4. Sign Panarin to play for his favorite head coach with his best friend

5. Sign a goalie like Jimmy Howard to shelter the load with Hart

6. Trade Voracek for d help

Panarin G/Coots Tarasenko
JVR G/Coots Konecny
Lindblom Patrick ?
Laughton Vorobyev Raffl

Silfverberg would be a good fit for 3rd line rw but idk if we’d have the cap.

If Tarasenko was on the table to the Flyers, how high would the 1st round pick be before Philly would rather have the pick?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If Tarasenko was on the table to the Flyers, how high would the 1st round pick be before Philly would rather have the pick?

IMO it's really hard to say without knowing what else Fletcher is going to do. I'd say "top 10 we'd keep the pick," but Tarasenko obviously has huge value and maybe would be worth using anything beyond first overall for. That's more of an HF Flyers answer, though - I think Chuck would be happy to trade anything except 1OA.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, he's cost controlled for four more years, but I'd move out JVR or Voracek if we got him, and that would get us the assets to cover his trade costs.

Don't think I'd give up a potential top five pick in next year's draft, but would certainly put together a solid package.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
who is Panarin's bestie?

This handsome dude I think.

IMG_0117.JPG

Reactions: dingbathero

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Oh I didn’t mean 30 this year. I meant 30 at any point in this contract. Hope I’m wrong, and a new coach figured out how to use him.
New coach will ask the GM to find another team for him, even it means a sweetener and eating salary. JVR is nearly useless at ES. He has great hands if you let him coast to the net on the PP and set him up to roof it from the creasetop. If he has to retrieve the puck or reach 2 feet to check anyone, forget it. A bad signing of a soft player who is never in danger of breaking a sweat.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
New coach will ask the GM to find another team for him, even it means a sweetener and eating salary. JVR is nearly useless at ES. He has great hands if you let him coast to the net on the PP and set him up to roof it from the creasetop. If he has to retrieve the puck or reach 2 feet to check anyone, forget it. A bad signing of a soft player who is never in danger of breaking a sweat.

Tbf to JvR while he has not been great at EV this year, and was not amazing 1st time round in Philly the last 3 years with Toronto he was pretty fantastic. By the numbers one of the best EV wingers in the NHL.

2015-18:

1.21 G/60 (3rd amongst NHL Fwds)
1.67 P1/60 (26th amongst NHL Fwds)
2.04 P/60 (41st amongst NHL Fwds)

17.28 iCF/60 (17th amongst NHL Fwds)
9.88 iSF/60 (17th amongst NHL Fwds)
0.97 IExGF/60 (10th amongst NHL Fwds)

53.27% Corsi (56th amongst NHL Fwds)
+4.42 Corsi Rel (24th amongst NHL Fwds)
53.66% ExGF (58th amongst NHL Fwds)
+3.37 ExGF Rel (66th amongst NHL Fwds)

He has played easy minutes in that time... but not like he had insane linemates or anything over the whole time.

But with the OZ system the Flyers run probably 75% of NHL players would come to the team and produce less, and with player usage this year and line shuffling impossible to find any chemistry. In Toronto he was with Bozak 80% of his 5v5 time over the last three years... and then ~15% of the time with Kadri.

And he performed well whoever was on the other wing... Brown, Komarov, Marner, Parenteau... his four most common. And funnily enough performed better with Brown offensively than Marner, over pretty big samples with the same centre.

Now I dont love his game by any means. But he either became half the player he was the last three years over-night, or something else is up.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
If Quenneville is the guy after all, I think Fletcher's calling about Duncan Keith. Those two guys like each other a lot, the Blackhawks haven't got a real reason to keep him other than posterity, and his remaining contract/play are excellent despite his age. Would improve defense instantly, provide a mentor for the younger fellas, and not be a massive burden even when he's in the last year. Don't know what Chicago would want, but the Flyers would likely have a bit of leverage there since Keith has a NTC and little left to prove.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
The 1st round pick shouldn’t be available at this point until you know what it ends up being. I’d be open to trading anyone outside of Hughes IF the right player came along. It’s highly unlikely, but if a young top pairing D or top line forward became available, I’d rather deal the pick then wait 3-4 years for them to become a true impact player.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
If Quenneville is the guy after all, I think Fletcher's calling about Duncan Keith. Those two guys like each other a lot, the Blackhawks haven't got a real reason to keep him other than posterity, and his remaining contract/play are excellent despite his age. Would improve defense instantly, provide a mentor for the younger fellas, and not be a massive burden even when he's in the last year. Don't know what Chicago would want, but the Flyers would likely have a bit of leverage there since Keith has a NTC and little left to prove.
I’d love it, perfect mentor and minute eater for our guys. He’s logged so many minutes so it could catch up to him, but maybe he’ll age nicely with a reduced role in a few years.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The 1st round pick shouldn’t be available at this point until you know what it ends up being. I’d be open to trading anyone outside of Hughes IF the right player came along. It’s highly unlikely, but if a young top pairing D or top line forward became available, I’d rather deal the pick then wait 3-4 years for them to become a true impact player.

A top five guy should be starting for you in 2020, a top 10 guy by 2021 at the worst.
That has value in two ways, not only another starter with great upside, but the option to move another player in trade and also clear out cap room if needed.

The object is not to make the playoffs in 2019, but to build a dominant team that can compete for a Cup for a decade. You rarely get a shot at a top player in the draft, so you never trade them.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

How about you give him at least a week of playing at full fitness before you sell him on? Jesus christ.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I’d love it, perfect mentor and minute eater for our guys. He’s logged so many minutes so it could catch up to him, but maybe he’ll age nicely with a reduced role in a few years.

It would definitely cost something, even given all the "ifs" and leverage potential, but Keith is pretty frustrated with losing and I'd be confident he'd waive to rejoin Q with an opportunity to compete again.

For the Blackhawks, it's a rough situation but it would make sense: They desperately need prospects and young roster talent, because they're in rough shape longterm.

I'd do a better prospect, the 2020 first (implying you're going to be a damn good team next year), and maybe even a little sweetener if they'd eat a one or two year cap dump like Lehtera or MacDonald.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Keith would be a great #4/5 defenseman for the remainder of his deal considering his skating. He won’t have to play heavy minutes and would be a great mentor to the young group of defensemen in this team. Additionally, if Quenneville is brought in, he’d be the perfect player to help get the message across to the dressing room.

Ideally they take MacDonald back as a cap dump and he essentially takes his role. Regardless, this team has the cap room to add three or four contracts with sizable cap hits. Keith would be a good fit, just wouldn’t move the 2019 1st for him.

I think it’s likely more prospects are moved than draft picks.

Reactions: TheKingPin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad