GDT: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM PST | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Interested in seeing Ceci vs Poolman Round 1. One of those "what ifs" for the history books.

And Dowling on the PP, no Hog n Pod. I don't care about Chia on the first unit if it was to keep the 2nd unit chemistry in tact. But ffs Green figure shit out already.

Reactions: Indiana

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It is far, far better than our blueline.
I was not talking about our defense, I was talking about the oilers defence and it’s absolutely awful.

But if you want to know, yes I do believe our defence is pretty awful also.

Especially with Hamonic out, Our right side might be the worst in the nhl

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Nurse is arguably the only quality defenseman in this game
Barrie is good offensively, But other than that, It’s so poor.
I wonder what J fresh has them ranked
I guess the analytics crowd Likes ceci now though

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Im really not convinced by Ceci

he was a trash defender for years on Ottawa and then he goes to a much better team and suddenly is good? I think he benefitted from stronger systems and org. Hes going to go back to shit on Edmonton

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Nurse is arguably the only quality defenseman in this game
I misread this completely, I thought you said the only quality defenceman on the oilers.
I would love to see what you wrote before last season, When he was was great offensively and defensively, and tore up the first couple rounds of the playoffs.

I guess people have short memories

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Those JFresh graphs aren't fit to wipe your ass with.
He at least gives charts, actual analytical work that he puts into it, You just give your opinion.

Which is fine, nothing wrong with that, The guy is growing a pretty decent reputation right now

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
What does the Canucks one look like?
Very similar actually.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that Canucks are a better team, they aren’t.
The Oilers are built off forwards, and they have better forwards, we have also great forwards.

All I am saying is that the Oilers defence is terrible, losing a guy like Larsson is such a massive blow, I still have them second place in the division.

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I misread this completely, I thought you said the only quality defenceman on the oilers.
I would love to see what you wrote before last season, When he was was great offensively and defensively, and tore up the first couple rounds of the playoffs.

I guess people have short memories

I like Hughes but he’s got some to prove still. Obviously great offensively, as is Barrie, who I am not overly fond of.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I like Hughes but he’s got some to prove still. Obviously great offensively, as is Barrie, who I am not overly fond of.
I’m just not a big fan of the whole Barrie Hughes comparisons because I truly believe that he was has a higher ceiling even though very is putting up crazy points right now with the oilers.

I believe hughes is a more talented player, I can’t imagine what kind of points he would get with McDavid and drai

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Anyways nice chitchat guys before the game, Let’s have a great effort tonight, I’ll see you guys during the game:thumbu:

Regardless I’m sure we can agree there won’t be much quality defending from either side. Should be an entertaining game to say the least
Absolutely, expecting a very high scoring game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad