GDT: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM PST | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrilliantBroReferee

May 18, 2021
It's like you guys did not watch the canucks since Jimbo arrived. They will start hot in october and win a lot of games, give people false hope, the trolls will tell us how this is the year and then the team will start to sink around the end of november, ending up playing meaningless games in march. At best, they avoid any injuries, Demko plays like crazy, they make it and get bounced in the 1st round.

We win tonight 100% because the Oilers defence somehow looks even worse. Just keep McDrai at max 3 points each and we are golden.

Reactions: Grub and Indiana

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It's like you guys did not watch the canucks since Jimbo arrived. They will start hot in october and win a lot of games, give people false hope, the trolls will tell us how this is the year and then the team will start to sink around the end of november, ending up playing meaningless games in march. At best, they avoid any injuries, Demko plays like crazy, they make it and get bounced in the 1st round.

We win tonight 100% because the Oilers defence somehow looks even worse. Just keep McDrai at max 3 points each and we are golden.
Outside of 14-15
When did we ever start hot

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Haven't really followed the pre season, so will be watching to see how they do, hopefully this organization has put a winning team together, but I don't like Green so I'll be watching to see how they play.

I will say though that starting lineup looks like......

s-26832471c4426f267c89c04f74b7a21d7c42abd8.gif

Reactions: Indiana

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He at least gives charts, actual analytical work that he puts into it, You just give your opinion.

Which is fine, nothing wrong with that, The guy is growing a pretty decent reputation right now

I'm well aware that people like them and like lazily posting them here in place of actual opinions.

What he's presenting is junk out-of-context data. Analytics are mostly noise and context and when you put them in a pretty graph and rank the players ... they're still noise and context.

His graphs say Tyler Myers - as an example - absolutely sucks. I will guarantee you that if Tyler Myers went from being overplayed on this terrible team to getting the sort of minutes that Shattenkirk got with TB, his graphs would then say that Myers is absolutely terrific.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Seems to be a lot of negative energy going around before game 1 this year, not that I'm surprised.

I think that even some of the optimists are starting to get fed up with the way things are going.

Certainly feels like it's make it or break it for this regime in the first 20 games. If the record is ugly after that span, then watch out.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
We need to stay out of the penalty box if we want to win this game... come on Myers you got it buddy.

Anyways here we go!!! Please let this game end on a positive note that's all I'm asking.

Last edited:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
We need to stay out of the penalty box if we want to win this game... come on Myers you got it buddy.

Anyways here we go!!! Please let this game end on a positive note that's all I'm asking.

Will have to outscore them and good luck doing that. Their PP is deadly. They are getting 2-3 on the PP tonight.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Will have to outscore them and good luck doing that. Their PP is deadly. They are getting 2-3 on the PP tonight.
They will indeed but we should score as well a few. I'm hoping for a 6-5 game and hopefully we get the 6 as we gonna need to score a lot to win games this year. Regardless hoping for an entertaining game !

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Seems to be a lot of negative energy going around before game 1 this year, not that I'm surprised.

I think that even some of the optimists are starting to get fed up with the way things are going.

Certainly feels like it's make it or break it for this regime in the first 20 games. If the record is ugly after that span, then watch out.
I think the pre season was jarring for people. Or at least it was for me.

During the offseason we could look at our lineup and seemed to have one of the deeper top-9s in the league.

Everyone was pretty thrilled after their first look at OEL.

Then Petey and QH contracts dragged on. Then they lost Gadjovich without giving him a proper shot. Then Boeser went down. Then Chiasson and Petan got top minutes while Garland and Hoglander got demoted.

It really was a slow bleed. The coaching staff and management squandered any good will they'd built up trying to be smartest guys in the room when they very clearly aren't.

Anywho, it can all change with a W tonight and a good start. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad