GDT: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM PST | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I think it's just to keep some meat on the bone for the kid to start the season...

I mean look at what we are talking about here... 25-30 seconds of scrambly play at the tail end of the advantage.

Yeah, I don't expect anyone on the second unit to pile up the PP points. But with more offensive depth that 2pp unit might see more action when the team is healthy.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yeah, I don't expect anyone on the second unit to pile up the PP points. But with more offensive depth that 2pp unit might see more action when the team is healthy.
It’s more about the process and player evaluation that’s annoying than the actual detriment to the team. Plus most people seem to agree that this is a bubble team, a few extra goals from the 2nd PP unit could prove to be crucial in a tight playoff race.

They clearly want a Center on that unit so it’s going to be the offensivevblack holes Dowling/Dickinson unless Petan is in the lineup

Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
How do you like that Newell Brown now? Isn't Jason King the new PP coach? Early returns look promising... Ugh. I'll be cheering for the sake of the children, but this team/coaching staff/management deserve to lose.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I have a feeling McDavid makes a statement on the PP and they roll.

edmontons lineup is so damn average in so many areas but that top line could roll.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Gonna be a pretty big test for OEL and Myers tonight, especially given that the third pair is a couple rookies who will likely get limited ice time.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Easy money

Will Connor McDavid (EDM) score 2 or more goals in the game?
  • Yes+400
  • No-800

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Honestly though, going against the Edmonton Oilers in the first game, is the worst case scenario.

They’re basically our kryptonite right now.

That being said, I really hope they go out and surprise us and have a great game.

And hopefully people don’t overreact with OEL after game one, Could be a scary night

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Honestly though, going against the Edmonton Oilers in the first game, is the worst case scenario.

They’re basically our kryptonite right now.

That being said, I really hope they go out and surprise us and have a great game.

And hopefully people don’t overreact with OEL after game one.

Going against Colorado or Vegas would be worse.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Keith and Ceci Is the second pairing for Edmonton?
I swear I thought they were the third pairing for some reason, holy shit They are going to have to play nurse like 35 minutes a game:laugh:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I doubt Hoglander is off the 2PP unit for too long. But I do wonder if the team is worried about inflating Hoglander's numbers by giving him PP time. They have to sign him next year.

I mean I wouldn’t be shocked but how remarkably short sighted and a disservice to the player.

I just think the coaching staff is stupid with no ability to construct a lineup with the parts they have (whether Willie led or Green led) When that’s coupled with a front office who can’t build a team you get the Benning era.

Reactions: Indiana

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Keith and Ceci Is the second pairing for Edmonton?
I swear I thought they were the third pairing for some reason, holy shit They are going to have to play nurse like 35 minutes a game:laugh:
Keith would be our 2nd best defenseman based on preseason.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
That defence the oilers have is dreadful, Let’s just outscore them, Slow down the McDavid and drai to around two points only!

6-5 Canucks! Lets do this

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana and Nomobo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad