GDT: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM PST | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Just don’t get some of the decisions Green makes, Petan should’ve been in over Dowling as he had a better camp. Speed kills, but our dinosaur coach wouldn’t dare put quick skilled players over slow useless plugs and hence we sign Chaisson. Would be nice to have a quick skilled bottom 6 for once that can make plays. What’s this I’m hearing about Dowling on the PP2? Lol smh.

Reactions: Indiana

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
By the way, someone mentioned it before. When Benning inherited this team we had:

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bieksa

As our top 4, both Edler and Tanev were in their 20’s and Hamhuis and Bieksa just starting early 30’s.

7 years on the rebuild journey and we have:
OEL-Hughes
Poolman-Myers.

Unless Hughes can bring it up a notch, the old guard is way better then the current lineup. Proof me wrong Poolman, but this D is looking like the weakest in years.
The defense has literally gotten worse every single year, on a year to year basis, with the singular exception of Hughes rookie year.

Despite (aka because of) Benning "focusing on the defense" every summer...

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
PP1:
Miller-Horvat-Garland
Hughes-Pettersson

PP2:
Hoglander-Chaisson-Podkolzin
Rathbone-OEL
(Or Pearson for Hoglander and Hoglander for Rathbone)

Hoglander is insanely skilled and PP2 should run through him.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
News flash everyone Dowling only has 4 NHL goals at 31 and he is in our PP. I’m glad we have people that know about hockey coaching this team.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
for like 25 years I could give you a take on every guy in the canucks lineup. maybe not a good take, but still. and again this year the lineup is full of guys I've never heard of. Like who da f*k is "Dowling"??

Anyway I'm pumped for the canada-panama world cup qualifier at 4:30. I might catch the highlights of the canucks game on youtube tomorrow at work

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I'm done with this management and coaching staff.

Hoglander getting buried after a fantastic rookie season for Dowling?

Crushing.

We say this every year “We’re done with this coaching staff and management” we maybe done but they are not. They are after our souls now from our half eaten corpse of frustration.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Finally. Regular season begins. I realize that I don't really have any expectations, just a few simple wants.

- I want a Petey snipe on Smith, for old times' sake.
- I want a brilliant PP or two.
- I want some GREAT SAVES by Demko.

That is all.

GO CANUCKS GO

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
Hoglander is getting the goldobin treatment. TG does not like small and skilled players.

I wonder how long it takes until he is a healthy scratch or sent down.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Wild combination of opponents on this road trip

I mean Edmonton to Philly then back to detroit

Like they dont get any of the other eastern teams to simplify it like NY teams, Washington just down the road etc

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
At what point does Mike Smith feel a slight breeze from someone passing by and go down on the ice for five minutes like he’s in the World Cup? I pick 11 minutes in.
Podkolzin will drive the net at 9:53 of the first period and he'll get jumped. OEL ends up fighting for him and wins over the fans

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I kind of hope they do blow us out like 6-1 tonight just so it lights a fire under Green's ass for these stupid lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad