Value of: Getting Matt Murray out of Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
23 year old Erik karlsson locked in to a 6 x 6.5 deal? Maybe

You gonna have to accept that Treliving wants Erik and is drawing a line in the sand with William. Toronto can put muzzin on ltir I guess but also need to shed a bit more space.

This trade does it. Sounds like SJ tho might only be interested in futures tho

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
You gonna have to accept that Treliving wants Erik and is drawing a line in the sand with William. Toronto can put muzzin on ltir I guess but also need to shed a bit more space.

This trade does it. Sounds like SJ tho might only be interested in futures tho
They’re not trading nylander++ for 33yo karlsson @ 11.5x4. Go to sleep

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Unless they have an arbitration case coming up there won’t be a buyout window for them. That ship sailed. Not to mention like I said, no chance they carry the $2m next year
And if Samsonov files or they trade for a player that did they will have a second window.
But no I don’t think they buy him out.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
It's 4.000 in actual dollars if a team buys him out. The cost should be about a 2nd

I was mistaken before when I thought it was 6.000 as that's his salry without a buyout.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It's 4.000 in actual dollars if a team buys him out. The cost should be about a 2nd

I was mistaken before when I thought it was 6.000 as that's his salry without a buyout.
4 millions USD is a lot of money, I'd say it would cost more than a 2nd... Could be wrong.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
4 millions USD is a lot of money, I'd say it would cost more than a 2nd... Could be wrong.

Zaitsev cost a 2nd and a 4th and was owed 4.500 this year + whatever he was owed when traded last year (so probably ~5.000 in total dollars). That, and he carried a much larger cap hit than a Murray buy-out.

A 2nd seems both fair and realistic IMO

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Zaitsev cost a 2nd and a 4th and was owed 4.500 this year + whatever he was owed when traded last year (so probably ~5.000 in total dollars). That, and he carried a much larger cap hit than a Murray buy-out.

A 2nd seems both fair and realistic IMO
They don't have a 2nd. The 2024 1st would be the target, no?

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
LTIR is the Promised Land.

You should probably give Jeff Gillooly Stone a call, last I heard he was in Portland, OR.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
3rd and a 6th was the cost to dump 2 years.

Can't be higher than that for 1 year. Worst case a buyout solves the problem this year
Don’t tell people that. So many morons around here saying 1st 2nd plus blah blah. Idiots have no clue.

It might cost the leafs a 4th or they will find a way to LTIR him.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

But a team that trades for a player right now won't be able to buy him out, no?

They'll have to pay the full salary I think.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think it won't take more than a second. Maybe less. I can't see why Anaheim isn't the ones to do it. They need a goalie anyway, and have tons of cap space. heck, they aren't even at the floor yet.

3rd and a 6th was the cost to dump 2 years.

Can't be higher than that for 1 year. Worst case a buyout solves the problem this year

It cost the Islanders a future 2nd rounder to get out of Bailey's deal and Murray makes about the same with the same term. That's probably going to be the cost to get out of his deal as well.

2nd + Murray for future considerations. I'd pay a 2nd just to get rid of him.

It was a 3 &7 last year with 2 years left. It’ll be around that this year. None of this crazy 1st + nonsense you see in the peanut gallery here

Murray is owed 8M in real dollars. 6M after what Ottawa is eating.

I don't think many owners will get behind spending that for a second rounder. 6 million dollars in real cash isn't light, now factor in his 10 team ntc.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
They don't have a 2nd. The 2024 1st would be the target, no?

It would be the target but that's a lot to pay honestly.

Maybe Fraser Minten? He was their 2nd rounder (38th overall) last year. IDk anything about him but I assume he has the value of roughly a 2nd, but less than a 1st?

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
No chance, they’re not carrying $2m dead weight next year when they need nylander and Matthews extension money along with a new deal for liljegren and replacements for Brodie klingberg gio domi lafferty Bertuzzi.

I didnt want to but they backed themselves into a corner capwise to improve the team. If we gotta attach another 1st to him like the Marleau Trade, or we trade a 1st + Murray for a later pick then it might not be worth it.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Murray is owed 8M in real dollars. 6M after what Ottawa is eating.

I don't think many owners will get behind spending that for a second rounder. 6 million dollars in real cash isn't light.

Yeah but if they buy him out, isn't it only 2/3 making it 4.000?

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Murray has a 10 team NTC so he has some say in where he goes
Most of those teams are probably Canadian teams anyways so that doesn't matter much. They'll find a taker, and it won't cost a 1st or a good prospect.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Ohhh I didnt know that.

Why is that??
"If a team has a player go to arbitration and it is either settled or awarded, the team receives a new 48-hour buyout window beginning 3 days after the arbitration settlement or award. The only contracts that are eligible to be bought out in this window are for players with Cap Hits greater than $4M and they were on the team's roster at the last trade deadline."

Murray was on Toronto's roster, then only Toronto can buy him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad