Value of: Getting Matt Murray out of Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
How far in the future can you trade a pick? Next Leafs 2nd rounder is in 2027.
Hmm, good point. I'd trade it.

AFAIK and someone please do correct me if I'm wrong here, but there isn't any limit to how far in the future you can go to trade a pick, so you could probably trade a 2027 pick and be fine.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
And you’re counting on a player filing for arbitration for this?

Are you confident Samsonov will file by Wednesday at 5pm? If not, kiss your window goodbye.
Why wouldn’t he file?
And I don’t know if it was changed in the last CBA but previous if you traded for the rights of a player who filed for arbitration it still counted

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I have no faith in Verbeek to be aggressive but Gibson could be the key to a lot of moves. If Gibson is traded that could open the door for Murray to move to Anaheim. The cost would be high but there aren't going to be many takers for Murray. Chicago is probably the only other realistic option and the cost would be just as high from their perspective as well.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
It was a 3 &7 last year with 2 years left. It’ll be around that this year. None of this crazy 1st + nonsense you see in the peanut gallery here

• Haha
Reactions: Lolonegoal

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
He was cleared to return. So unless he got a hockey related injury without playing any hockey we should be fine there
Team doctors shouldn’t have much of a problem not clearing a guy with his medical track record. I think he’s simply banished to robidas island.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
There is a way...

iu

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
They might have to at this point
No chance, they’re not carrying $2m dead weight next year when they need nylander and Matthews extension money along with a new deal for liljegren and replacements for Brodie klingberg gio domi lafferty Bertuzzi.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Team doctors shouldn’t have much of a problem not clearing a guy with his medical track record. I think he’s simply banished to robidas island.
Yeah I’m not saying they can’t get him on LTIR. I think any veteran player in the league could probably qualify.
But it wouldn’t stop them from buying him out if they wanted to

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Yeah I’m not saying they can’t get him on LTIR. I think any veteran player in the league could probably qualify.
But it wouldn’t stop them from buying him out if they wanted to
Unless they have an arbitration case coming up there won’t be a buyout window for them. That ship sailed. Not to mention like I said, no chance they carry the $2m next year

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad