Seravalli: Georgiev will Not Re-Sign with Rangers, Rangers Actively Trying to Trade Him

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Prior to Igor coming over Georgiev did play really well on some defensively trash teams. I can guarantee that he feels sleighted that the Rangers brought Igor over when they did and I can't imagine he was happy with the 3 goalie situation. Georgiev definitely played well enough to get the benefit of the doubt when it was just him and Hank, unfortunately for him the Rangers had a generational goalie in the pipeline. It sucks but sometimes shit happens.

The way he has handled it though has been poor. The reason why it's gotten worse is because he requested a trade at the beginning of the year and Drury hasn't done anything with it until recently. Basically a "I'll have my cake and eat it too" move by Drury, although that hasn't worked out well because Georgiev has been brutal in a backup role.

It's time to move on for all parties involved. Kinkaid is a serviceable backup with NHL experience.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah... but Kane and Deangelo are actually better than average NHL quality starters at their position whereas Georgiev is a less than average NHL back-up at his position.
Yes, but track record shows he is good w/regular work, which he needs to be a starter to stay sharp.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
When this guy actually had more value, I wanted to dump him and go with other options.
Won't be the first or last time some people, including Rangers, made a mistake not listening to me.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Instead of calling bullshit because of it not being the 'whole story', why dont you actually add to it and elaborate instead of shutting down my brief detail of what actually did happen.
Cause you’re brief detail was written with an attitude that the rangers organisation traded an amazing talent just because he randomly got into a fight with a teammate.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If he's not a problem, why are they trying to get rid of him?
He f***ing sucks.

Trying to shed a goalie with an .892 being painted as locker room drama tells you all you need to know.

Our board is overrun by a DeAngelo cult and Georgiev is their way to bring it up within the rules. Look at OP's post history. Half of them are about Georgiev or Trouba.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
this NYR fan thinks a vet backup would be adequate return at this point
above i suggested 1-1 for Jake Allen, as Habs now run by Gorton (and Bobrov) who had scouted and signed Geo 1st time around

receiving team gets the younger, controlled goalie, who despite struggles recently, has shown he can be successful at NHL level

pro sports is full of stories of guys who needed a change of scenery,
and of guys who figured it all out, later than had been hoped

I would do it.

He would obviously play behind Price, but at this point in time I would play a bit less Price if possible. I'd give Geo 30+ games a year, if he's adquate

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He f***ing sucks.

Trying to shed a goalie with an .892 being painted as locker room drama tells you all you need to know.

Our board is overrun by a DeAngelo cult and Georgiev is their way to bring it up within the rules. Look at OP's post history. Half of them are about Georgiev or Trouba.

It sounds like there may be some validity to the rumors of his attitude issues though. Seravalli brought it up.

(although to be fair Lehner keeps shooting down his reports).

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It sounds like there may be some validity to the rumors of his attitude issues though. Seravalli brought it up.

He's definitely not happy. He openly requested a trade so it's not a secret.

He didn't come here to be a backup. He could just play in Russia. He fought to win a spot from Henrik Lundqvist, had two very solid seasons, and then Igor Shesterkin shows up. It clearly has hurt his game and he's not in a good mental place. I would be bummed out too.

If he was a huge distraction or everyone hated him, he would have been moved a year ago when he had a fight the locker room but the Rangers chose not to.

Seravalli knows this is going generate clicks from the usual suspects like the user who posted this in two different forums. If you follow the Rangers and you're being ingenuous about it, you'll know that this is an exact rehash of something Seravalli already reported in July because it already happened and it's not a scoop.

Nothing about this situation changed since July except that the deadline is coming up and Tony Jr. felt we needed two threads about it.

Reactions: eco's bones

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

He asked for a trade a long time ago and the Rangers have been misjudging the market to try and move him for even longer than that. Two years ago they had to get a first or a middle six winger and they passed on a team offering a 2nd and a prospect. Then they had to get at least a 2nd and turned down lower offers. Now his value is in the shitter and they're still desperately trying to get something of value for him.

Can't really blame the guy for being pissed off at this point. If he was that big of a detriment they would've waived him like they did with the last headcase they had on the team.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don't know, a lot of players ask for trades (Debrusk) but aren't labelled as possible locker room problems. I also don't get why he would be pissed about Shesterkin playing a lot more. He'd have to be delusional to think he's as good or think his numbers prove he can be a 1a/b anywhere else.

I get the Rangers would want to upgrade for a playoff run, though.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
“? Georgiev is being a standup teammate by showing no support to Shesterkin. Why do you think he’s having a Hart worth season? Georgiev being a dick forces Shesh to play lights out so he doesn’t have to share an inch of his crease. 5D mind games right there.”

- Bern, probably.
Why go there when there is no basis to assume so?
I made no such quote
What would be Ranger's price?
market price which has gone down
I could see Geo + a 2nd + a 4th
for
LV 1st + mid pick, Knights' choice of this yr or next on both picks

But a respectable offer from anyone, incl Habs, would do it. Do not want to recreate error where we waited til very last minute to move Cam Talbot and got less b'c Slats was greedy.

Give me a 2nd this yr
for
2023 3rd, 2022 4th Geo + McKegg

McKegg take pls I need the roster spot for Kravtsov, hopefully

Reactions: EdJovanovski

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'll take whatever any team is willing to give. If you've got a pending UFA goalie to swap, that works. If you need cap space cause that goalie makes too much, we'll take a pick back to make it happen.

He just doesn't vibe with the team. He needs to play in order to be remotely happy, so he's gotta be the the #1.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He f***ing sucks.

Another 45% of the posts about Kravtsov. The remainder about ???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad