Seravalli: Georgiev will Not Re-Sign with Rangers, Rangers Actively Trying to Trade Him

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Wasn't Deangelo bought out because he punch Georgiev and this made him a bad teammate. I wonder if maybe they shipped out the wrong guy and HF's grand jury convicted the wrong guy?

Nah they are both dummies lol

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Not commenting on your argument but my point was that if he's both a locker room problem and a bad player there could be less interest
DeAngelo and Kane are both great players and Chevy is a great GM

Especially a goalie, why would you take the chance of bringing in a locker room cancer when said player will sit 99% of games in the playoffs?

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Gio’s issue as told by Clint
1647697245772.jpeg

Reactions: Daves a mess

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd give him a trial run with the Sabres. Craig Anderson for Georgiev.

So the Sabres, all talking up culture and leadership and team bonds... talking up Anderson's ability to calm them all down and the possibility that he may even be back next year... for a guy who portrayed as a complete shit in his own room? Not seeing that happening, especially not for Anderson.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I can't play the video. Are these your thoughts put in quotes or what Seravalli actually said?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He's been in the NHL for five years and his stats have got worse each season. He'll be lucky to get a contract offer.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He is better than both our buns; Smith & Koskinen!🤦‍♂️
Very debatable and highly unlikely. Koskinen under Woodcroft system has been very good. Smith isn't great but Georgiev shine has also worn off.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Seems like he's not a great goalie and not a great person
Who wants that?
Goalies are nuts in general.

Both Billy Smith and Tom borrasso were not considered the best teammates to many on their team. Pure speculation. But Kevin Lowe got into the hall partly on the lobbying of Mess and Gretz. Has Mario lobbied for Tom B?

Not all goalies are team players.

Reactions: jetsforever

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm old enough to remember when Rangers fans thought this guy was worth a 1st +++.

He was overrated, but not that much.

Ah, I miss the 'Tuch+Krebs+1st for DeAngelo+Strome+Geogiev' days...

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
In order for you to be a seller there has to be a buyer. Salary cap is gold this year. Maybe for a 6th with 50 percent retained for future considerations and a shiny new hockey puck with team logo of your choice. Or the rangers keep him for the playoffs because he has too much value

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
He was overrated, but not that much.

Ah, I miss the 'Tuch+Krebs+1st for DeAngelo+Strome+Geogiev' days...
I think he might have been a center piece in the Eichel trade proposals as well. Top top talent. Bluest of blue chips

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He was banished by NYR which was criminal and bought out.

Canes got him on a league minimum deal and is currently nearly a point per game player. 40 pts in 43 games

DeAngelo moving on paved the way for Adam Fox to emerge as a Norris Trophy Defenseman and the Rangers #1D. I’m fine with the outcome.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I hear he’s a terrible back-up but he’d be a great starting goalie.

I assume this is you being facetious. This is actually partially true. Compared to his play as a backup he plays better with a consistent workload. So Georgiev as a starter is better than Geoegiev as a backup. However, compared to other starters he still sucks. His biggest value is as a backup that comes in when the starter gets hurt. In that situation you're not expecting starter level play and he gets games under his belt and plays decently. But you don't want your starter to get hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: