Seravalli: Georgiev will Not Re-Sign with Rangers, Rangers Actively Trying to Trade Him

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs
His only chance is trade to some selling team who is already not very deep but gets great offer for their starter. So they trade him out and will need some stopgap... Can't see any playoff team wanting Georgiev, he isn't any better than even Edmonton or Toronto goalies.

Reactions: spaghtti

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
His only chance is trade to some selling team who is already not very deep but gets great offer for their starter. So they trade him out and will need some stopgap... Can't see any playoff team wanting Georgiev, he isn't any better than even Edmonton or Toronto goalies.
Montreal can take dibs at him, I guess. With Price injured, their goaltending seems shaky.

Reactions: AmeriHab

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
That's a steal.

However, why did he get banished again? I think my memory tells me he committed a play of misconduct?
He annoyed some NYR management with some of his social media posts initially but after a game Georgiev made a huge error in OT when he played the puck away from DeAngelo and the team scored directly after it costing us the game.

DeAngelo pulled Georgiev up on it and they argued and Georgiev punched DeAngelo. NYR felt that was the final straw with DeAngelo amd out him on Waivers and told him to stay away from the team and not to Attend their AHL affiliate.

Georgiev literally assaulted DeAngelo but it was DeAngelo who got the punishment and Georgiev got away with it.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
He annoyed some NYR management with some of his social media posts initially but after a game Georgiev made a huge error in OT when he played the puck away from DeAngelo and the team scored directly after it costing us the game.

DeAngelo pulled Georgiev up on it and they argued and Georgiev punched DeAngelo. NYR felt that was the final straw with DeAngelo amd out him on Waivers and told him to stay away from the team and not to Attend their AHL affiliate.

Georgiev literally assaulted DeAngelo but it was DeAngelo who got the punishment and Georgiev got away with it.
Oh, dear. That's bad when you have teammates fighting each other.

Maybe, there are some hidden locker room news that cost DeAngelo his job. He was a good defender; I didn't want him to leave.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Oh, dear. That's bad when you have teammates fighting each other.

Maybe, there are some hidden locker room news that cost DeAngelo his job. He was a good defender; I didn't want him to leave.
Thats the thing, DeAngelo was actually a very popular member of the team and well liked by his teammates. Looks like it was more political that anything else.

I was a huge fan of DeAngelo and was really pissed with how he was treated.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Maybe as a last resort, at 50% retained or 1m in salary going back, with the intention of maybe not re-signing him in the summer. For a 4th or a 5th.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
16 teams? Then, I think there's a possibility. I wonder why the Knights traded Fleury in the first place.

They didn't want to keep doing the same thing over and over, expecting new results. So they did something else crazy & freed up 7m to completely waste.

I baked this cake for McCrimmon:
hqdefault.jpg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
First off I think the Flyers beat writer is a bit of a joke……particularly when he’s writing shit about the Rangers.

Alex won’t re-sign with the Rangers? I think it’s the other way around. Chris Drury is not going to re-sign Alex. For that matter I don’t think he’s going to re-sign Kravtsov either. He’ll hold on to Vitali’s rights until whenever he feels there’s a good enough deal or he’s about to turn 26. Maybe it’s some kind of Russia thing? Nope, still got Igor and Artemi.

The reason why the Rangers won’t re-sign Alex is he’ll cost way too much to qualify and he hasn’t proven he’s worth the cap hit he gets now and the Rangers are heading for a cap crunch. I think the Rangers are interested in cheaper and someone who can backup better. When Alex sits for a while he plays like shit for a while. The more he plays the better he is but he’s not nearly as good as Igor. So Alex is not a good fit here as a backup. That said he might finish out this season but I think that will be it for him as a Ranger.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018

Yeah, this is the whole story.
Bullshit.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Georgiev, Kravtsov and first round pick for Lehkonen (50% retained) and Allen

This will never happen without Habs add youth like at least Mysek and/or Struble

The retention is meaningless, NYR have no Cap concerns for this season, and Art's deal is expiring

Allen for Georgie 1-1 I could see, Allen backs up Shesty thru '23, Habs get a younger controllable G who Gorton knows

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah... but Kane and Deangelo are actually better than average NHL quality starters at their position whereas Georgiev is a less than average NHL back-up at his position.
Wasn't Deangelo bought out because he punch Georgiev and this made him a bad teammate. I wonder if maybe they shipped out the wrong guy and HF's grand jury convicted the wrong guy?

Reactions: Blinny

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wasn't Deangelo bought out because he punch Georgiev and this made him a bad teammate. I wonder if maybe they shipped out the wrong guy and HF's grand jury convicted the wrong guy?

Everything can be true at once, especially the part about shipping out Georgiev while he was worth a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: