Seravalli: Georgiev will Not Re-Sign with Rangers, Rangers Actively Trying to Trade Him

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Toronto, maybe? I don't know. Unless Campbell comes back, I guess.
This looks like Vegas for me, Lehner is done and they need something as a proper back up option, it could be the move to make for them and see if Georgiev is worth a shot with what he does the rest of the way, if not, they can figure it out in the off season and assess.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
We have know this since last summer. He wants to be a starter which he wont be at NYR.

He is good strong starter but not the best backup. If he gets a run of games he will be very good. Played very well when Igor went down earlier in the season.

Bad attitude and bit of a dick. Punched DeAngelo and got him thrown off the team because DeAngelo pulled him up for a mistake that cost us the game.

I was always a DeAngelo guy. One of my favourite players with NYR and really despised Georgiev after that incident and the people who defended him 🖕

Someone please just take him and his resting selfish bitch face off our hands. Anywhere that needs a starter he will do a good job. Not a good backup

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
This looks like Vegas for me, Lehner is done and they need something as a proper back up option, it could be the move to make for them and see if Georgiev is worth a shot with what he does the rest of the way, if not, they can figure it out in the off season and assess.
I actually still don't know why Vegas is trying to trade Lehner. He's not been that bad, to be honest. His statistics are better than Georgiev's.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think I saw a thread about it. I thought it was true; maybe, I misread the tag, which I thought was a legitimate news.

The rumors were that Lehner was being shut down for the regular season, or maybe the whole season. First for his shoulder, which Lehner denied, then his knee, which he denied again the other day.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The rumors were that Lehner was being shut down for the regular season, or maybe the whole season. First for his shoulder, which Lehner denied, then his knee, which he denied again the other day.
That's why there was a trade rumor. I see; yeah, the whole rumor didn't make sense for me at all, anyways.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That's why there was a trade rumor. I see; yeah, the whole rumor didn't make sense for me at all, anyways.

Yeah the implication would be Lehner being moved in the offseason if they got someone like Varlamov.

Bringing in Georgiev, which I highly doubt, woud mean Brossoit goes IMO.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yeah the implication would be Lehner being moved in the offseason if they got someone like Varlamov.

Bringing in Georgiev, which I highly doubt, woud mean Brossoit goes IMO.
Varlamov has a full NTC, I think. He said he wouldn't waive for any team.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Maybe the punch to the head was needed .
I remember that game....and it should have been Georgie that got the punch in the head along with the coach . Georgiev is just a bad goalie that got lucky in a couple of Leafs games he won by stopping 60 shots . Rangers teammates still hung with Tony after at weddings and such . They still liked him . Oh well....way she goes....Tony did not help himself any either with his Twitter problems . They miss him on the ice though despite what many say . Canes gain. Stay away from Georgiev....

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Of course he was but all the DeAngelo hate overshadowed the truth and the haters loved that he got punched in the face.

People didnt like DeAngelo because of his past and loved that he got assaulted and kicked off the team.
What happened with DeAngelo? I've not watched hockey for two years, and there's a gap in my hockey knowledge.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Of course he was but all the DeAngelo hate overshadowed the truth and the haters loved that he got punched in the face.

People didnt like DeAngelo because of his past and loved that he got assaulted and kicked off the team.

I agree, the mob mentality took over like it so often does these days.

In 2019, Bortuzzo and Sanford got into an actual fight at Blues practice and no one called for either one of them to be traded, or even disciplined at all.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
He was banished by NYR which was criminal and bought out.

Canes got him on a league minimum deal and is currently nearly a point per game player. 40 pts in 43 games
That's a steal.

However, why did he get banished again? I think my memory tells me he committed a play of misconduct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad