News Article: Geoff Molson re-affirms confidence in Marc Bergevin, will not hire a president of hockey operations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
There were star players picked after Galchenyuk and KK in their respective drafts. Bergevin and Timmins just picked the wrong guy. I'd fully expect the same to happen next draft unless they get the 1st OA. Zero trust in this administration when it comes to talent evaluation. Might as well have a monkey spin the wheel and randomly choose a player
Galchenyuk draft was all around trash. We missed on kk draft cause we desperately needed C. Either way, ya we need to clean house from team president to GM to scouts to coach.

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe Molson was waiting for the Hawks inquiry before making a decision about Bergevin. The fact that his name doesn't appear in the report might help Molson make a decision about keeping him ????

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Maybe Molson was waiting for the Hawks inquiry before making a decision about Bergevin. The fact that his name doesn't appear in the report might help Molson make a decision about keeping him ????
I like it, double down on the madness. Like a gambler that cannot quit his obsession's.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So? What do Oilers do without McDavid or any team without their franchise player..Habs franchise player just happens to be their goalie.

I didn’t see Isles achieve anything while Tavares was their franchise player?
There are TEAMS that are just that.....so while their guy goes down, they can cover it.
The Habs for the last several years, with or without Price have wasted his years away.....The TEAM has been built poorly, over and over.
Rinse and Repeat.
As for the Oilers, they can't win with or without McDavid so it's a moot point.....besides who wants to be compared to the Oilers? There are plenty of teams, especially TB who have proven built properly you can win without your main guy....
Isles, have been better without Johnny T so they also have proven they can WIN without their main guy...
It's a TEAM game....

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Well Bergs was the one who gave Price the big contract. Which at the time i remember you hated. But now love it don't you?
I never had an issue with that contract....never. The guy could have got 12M and Bergevin would have had to do it....Price is the meal ticket, for a GM who has been in over his head, and riding a goalie instead of building a winner.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Very interesting that this thread is revived.

My hunch is that Bergevin stays in the organization, but moves "upstairs". President would make sense.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
As far as Bergevin goes, professional sports have a poor track record of public votes of confidence meaning anything.

I tend to believe that Bergevin would have already had a contract to sign if he wanted it during the offseason if not for the Chicago situation.

But now that his name is cleared, Molson probably sees this poor start and wonders if he still wants him back.

There's also the dynamic of whether MB wants to be back after serving this intense market for about a decade.

It's hard to get a read on the situation but as far as the vote of confidence goes, it doesn't mean much to me.

Reactions: Archijerej

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I heard Molson offerred the extension and it is up to Bergevin to accept, don't know what he is waiting for since many fans want him gone. As the losses pile up, at some point someone has to get the blame. Bergevin appears to be the dominant one over Molson.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

It was said a week or so ago that Molson upped the offer and that MB was looking it over or something like that. I believe it was discussed in this thread,

News Article: - Marc Bergevin officially out?

Where did you hear that?

I know I heard a week or so ago that Molson made another offer, if it was TSN or somewhere else but I know I heard and I thought to myself what a clown, the ship is sinking and this guy gives MB a better offer, like how clueless can you be. Granted it's not like it was officially put out there so it's just rumor for now.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
It was said a week or so ago that Molson upped the offer and that MB was looking it over or something like that. I believe it was discussed in this thread,

I know I heard a week or so ago that Molson made another offer, if it was TSN or somewhere else but I know I heard and I thought to myself what a clown, the ship is sinking and this guy gives MB a better offer, like how clueless can you be. Granted it's not like it was officially put out there so it's just rumor for now.
I think it was on RDS

Reactions: montreal

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

My biggest concern about all this is really that who will replace him? MB has been a good punching bag. For better or worse he shows up excited or depressed. The media eats it up. The Habs have full control of the media so that it’s practically impossible to say the truth. Now that he has a Stanley cup final to his name, it’s almost an auto renew for this owner since who will replace him?

You and I, among countless other fans on this board have been discussing the holes in this lineup. Year in and year out we seem to always find people who have excuses. Like this year, the team isn’t as bad as their record. No Price and Weber is huge. But again this always comes back to the holes. Having no number 1 D (Petry isn’t it, as we can see. Weber may have been it, but he isn’t it anymore and it’s been 2-3 years he hasn’t been it) or number 2 D for that matter (Weber could be considered a number 2 in a shutdown roll with PP shot). Our forwards are finally getting much better. We have good depth up and down the lineup. At C it’s weak but I hope Suzuki can turn into that PPG player once we have some decent D that can transition the puck. We have good skill on the fly, too bad they are never skating full speed into the zone on a good pass.

I fear MB is here to stay, if he chooses to endure the punishment that is Montreal.

Reactions: montreal

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Overall montreal is 2nd last ahead of coyotes for shots on goal per game. They have a 43% faceoff win, their penalty kill is 65% effective (3rd worst in the league), their power play is 3rd worst in the league...and after 10 games they rank 3rd worst in the entire league.

Special teams is on coaching and personnel..Both failures of the GM

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Have the rules changed for the draft?Does the worse record automatically get 1st pick or is it still lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad