News Article: Geoff Molson re-affirms confidence in Marc Bergevin, will not hire a president of hockey operations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The retool, which was the guiding principle for this organisation since 2018, has culminated in a pummeling at the hands of Tampa in the Finals, followed by a total collapse this season.

Does anybody really believe Molson is eager to stay the course with Bergevin, or entrust him to formulate a new strategy (again!) and start over?

I think it's very unlikely.

Willy6655

Oct 28, 2021
Does anybody really believe Molson is eager to stay the course with Bergevin, or entrust him to formulate a new strategy (again!) and start over?

Yes,

Because MB will just use the same "ace up his sleeve" excuse that he has always used....injuries and no Price

That gets him off the hook, a free pass for the season,

Not saying he deserves it, but it's the way it is

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
This organization is laughing at all us fans and supporters by giving us the biggest middle finger you'll ever see.

No accountability for an on ice product that is close to being the worst in the league. A clown management team that is endorsed by our testicularly challenged owner.

Any other organization, heads would have rolled years ago.

Woodchuck

May 3, 2021
true, but if there is a A1 GM out there, they can't get him, no french.

You mean like, say, Julien Brisebois, the guy we had in our own organisation? The "French thing" isn't the reason this team is doing so poorly. They didn't stick with MB for 10 years because he's French and no other option was available, they stuck with him cause Molson is pretty bad at managing hockey and MB is a good used car salesman apparently. I'm all for picking whoever's the best no matter the language, but to blame the team being so bad on a french factor is just wrong. It was just making bad decisions and sticking with them for MUCH longer than warranted (Therrien was another example).

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
You mean like, say, Julien Brisebois, the guy we had in our own organisation? The "French thing" isn't the reason this team is doing so poorly. They didn't stick with MB for 10 years because he's French and no other option was available, they stuck with him cause Molson is pretty bad at managing hockey and MB is a good used car salesman apparently. I'm all for picking whoever's the best no matter the language, but to blame the team being so bad on a french factor is just wrong. It was just making bad decisions and sticking with them for MUCH longer than warranted (Therrien was another example).
you are correct but..... if they man for coach or GM he is not considered unless he can speak
all I am saying
I don't care what race or lang at all, just get winners here

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Overall montreal is 2nd last ahead of coyotes for shots on goal per game. They have a 43% faceoff win, their penalty kill is 65% effective (3rd worst in the league), their power play is 3rd worst in the league...and after 10 games they rank 3rd worst in the entire league.

Special teams is on coaching and personnel..Both failures of the GM

The fact that the Montreal Canadiens, who are worth well over a billion dollars, have significantly worse scouts and staff than Ottawa is an embarrassment.

The Habs really have become the NHL equivalent of Molson beer. Pathetic

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Yes,

Because MB will just use the same "ace up his sleeve" excuse that he has always used....injuries and no Price

That gets him off the hook, a free pass for the season,

Not saying he deserves it, but it's the way it is
Not this time imo.

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
The retool, which was the guiding principle for this organisation since 2018, has culminated in a pummeling at the hands of Tampa in the Finals, followed by a total collapse this season.

I think it's very unlikely.
The only thing I trust molson to do is the wrong thing as that's all he has shown he's capable of

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If no major moves are made this week, I would then agree that Molson and Co have written off this season. Yet again.

Reactions: amethyst

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
"this french thing is killing the team.. " seems like you do care about race or lang to me :dunno:
Guys just want the best hockey people end of discussion.....but the past 10-12 years we have not gone that route, we have gone with the best franco guy available, and..............here we are.
Rinse and Repeat...

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Bergevin was the best franco available? He was an absolute no-name and his "mentor" has been kicked out of the league.

His former Blackhawks are a f***ing dumpster and his current team is the same.

But hey, everything's fine.

Jul 6, 2016
Bergevin was the best franco available? He was an absolute no-name and his "mentor" has been kicked out of the league.

His former Blackhawks are a f***ing dumpster and his current team is the same.

But hey, everything's fine.

His "mentor" have won two Stanley Cups. Don't try to link everything together. Doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad