News Article: Geoff Molson re-affirms confidence in Marc Bergevin, will not hire a president of hockey operations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theeze0504

Aug 18, 2005
Holy...crap, I didn't realize this is an old thread, I was shitting myself thinking it was something very recent.

A lot of things have happened, Drafting a kid no one wanted, hell, even the kid wished not to get drafted.
The blackhawks incident
the current record, you know the attendance will be bad if this keeps up.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Holy...crap, I didn't realize this is an old thread, I was shitting myself thinking it was something very recent.

A lot of things have happened, Drafting a kid no one wanted, hell, even the kid wished not to get drafted.
The blackhawks incident
the current record, you know the attendance will be bad if this keeps up.
One thing still remain... his biceps.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I am a supporter of Bergevin but he has had 10 years. Time for a change. He did make good moves to get them to finals. But many mistakes also. He takes too many gambles for me.

Reactions: DavePeak

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
My personal take is that Molson doesn't actually care at all how the team performs. His goal was just to bring the team back to the Molson family. It seems to me that it's much much worse than what anyone thinks. Habs are an after thought and he lets other people run it.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I am a supporter of Bergevin but he has had 10 years. Time for a change. He did make good moves to get them to finals. But many mistakes also. He takes too many gambles for me.
His moves amounted to near f*** all in getting us to the finals. It was Price stonewalling everyone that got us there and when the brick wall broke down, we got eliminated. Look at us now, we still can't win without the goalie robbing the other team blind, that should be evidence enough of the incompetency from Molson down to the last member of the organization and coaching staff.

If the Teflon GM gets a contract extension, we'll be the new Oilers and Cyotes of the NHL for a very long time to come.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
His moves amounted to near f*** all in getting us to the finals. It was Price stonewalling everyone that got us there and when the brick wall broke down, we got eliminated. Look at us now, we still can't win without the goalie robbing the other team blind, that should be evidence enough of the incompetency from Molson down to the last member of the organization and coaching staff.

If the Teflon GM gets a contract extension, we'll be the new Oilers and Cyotes of the NHL for a very long time to come.
You wrong there. Corey Perry, Toffoli, Weber, Suzuki, Chiarot, Caufield all played good hockey in playoffs. You don't like Bergs, but he has made some good moves. Stay with the facts. Don't rant on falses

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We shouldn't expect a President of Hockey Ops until the management team is fired. They will not bring one in to suddenly be the bridge between GM and owner. After 8 years of Molson and MB working close together, if Molson brings in a President, then it's kind of saying that he feels MB needs more supervision. And the day he decides that is the day he will no longer trust MB. He won't keep him on board if he doesn't trust him in his work.

So a President of Hockey Ops will only come in if/when he gets rid of MB.
MB is in his 10th year.....not to be picky, but 10 years in.............Rinse and Repeat...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You wrong there. Corey Perry, Toffoli, Weber, Suzuki, Chiarot, Caufield all played good hockey in playoffs. You don't like Bergs, but he has made some good moves. Stay with the facts. Don't rant on falses
Price was the reason we beat the Leafs......if we don't win that series, the others don't get the chance to play well during a playoff run.
Price was the primary reason, we won in the playoffs............the rest were secondary, and as we are witnessing, we are zero without him in the lineup.
This team should be better.......Dom is not a very good coach...

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
At what point, if ever, will fans start sending the only message Molson "might" hear?

Stop buying anything Habs related...
Stop going to games...
Let the organization know that a decade of this crap is long enough.

Clean the house, top to bottom.

Hockey president & GM is priority #1... DD & his crew may as well get the season to try and salvage their next opportunity. New management can use the year to evaluate every area, sell off as many ufa/veteran assets as possible to add '22 & '23 draft currency (with a focus on top 60 picks).

Let the reset begin!!!!
Haven't bought any habs gear since 2017. I think my wife bought me a throw for the garage, but its a far cry from the 2000's when I had a lot of merch.

Reactions: BLONG7

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Price was the reason we beat the Leafs......if we don't win that series, the others don't get the chance to play well during a playoff run.
Price was the primary reason, we won in the playoffs............the rest were secondary, and as we are witnessing, we are zero without him in the lineup.
So? What do Oilers do without McDavid or any team without their franchise player..Habs franchise player just happens to be their goalie.

I didn’t see Isles achieve anything while Tavares was their franchise player?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Beg to differ on these. And toffi was an after thought, look at his contract vs andersons. Tell me who he values more. Did he resign corey perry like he should have? Caufield was decent in the playoffs but was benched to start them. And just what kind of move did he do CC wise? You mean bringing in the rookie to play when we lost Drouin because of the teams mentality? Nope Bergs still sucks and his moves after the playoffs reaffirms the stopped clock analogy.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Facts are we made it into the playoffs with points won against a Canucks team that gifted us points.
Facts are Carey was the only reason we won against the other teams in the playoffs. The second he stopped playing in god mode, we couldn't win. We won 1 game in the SCF.
Chiaort is horrible and makes so many brain dead plays. Just because he was better than Gus and Merrill, doesn't make him anything special.
Perry was a nice addition and as usual, Bergevin couldn't hold on to him because he wants to be cheap with Molson's money. But as good as he was, Perry couldn't carry us or deliver in the biggest games of the season. Same goes for Toffoli and the vanishing acts he pulls.
Weber was solid a few years ago, injuries caught up to him and he was constantly exploited on rushes when he was on ice. Bergevin screwed the pooch by not seeing that and having a replacement for him in the fold. The only one we had, he traded for another useless player for PR credits.
Caufield and Suzuki are bright spots but if we don't surround them with a team that can win, we're going to lose their prime years while we continue to rot in constant mediocrity.

Bergevin is not the man to fix any of those problems, nor are any of his coaching staff. Our PP has been broken since Markov and Subban left. Out defense is porous and shaky. Our forwards are a mishmash of questionable 3rd liners and some good talent sprinkled in between. Our drafting is almost always a losing gamble.

We need a fresh start with a new GM and staff, top to bottom. Scouting included.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Well Bergs was the one who gave Price the big contract. Which at the time i remember you hated. But now love it don't you?

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
So? What do Oilers do without McDavid or any team without their franchise player..Habs franchise player just happens to be their goalie.

I didn’t see Isles achieve anything while Tavares was their franchise player?
What have the Oilers accomplished relying on McDavid alone?

No team has won by relying on 1 guy to do all the work. You need to have your franchise player surrounded by multiple good players in order to win anything, otherwise you'll be where we're at, where the Oilers are at, etc...

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Need to rebuild - the next 2 drafts have legit franchise players. These ain’t no Galchenyuk/KK drafts which unfortunately we sucked during the wrong years previously. Clean da house. Stock da picks.

Reactions: lilmaxo and Krnage

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Need to rebuild - the next 2 drafts have legit franchise players. These ain’t no Galchenyuk/KK drafts which unfortunately we sucked during the wrong years previously. Clean da house. Stock da picks.
There were star players picked after Galchenyuk and KK in their respective drafts. Bergevin and Timmins just picked the wrong guy. I'd fully expect the same to happen next draft unless they get the 1st OA. Zero trust in this administration when it comes to talent evaluation. Might as well have a monkey spin the wheel and randomly choose a player

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
Yes such great moves that we almost missed the playoffs last season and sucking hard this year... Other than a hot streak in the playoffs, his roster sucks

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
MV5BMTdiNDIyMGEtNWJjMi00ODlhLWJhM2EtYjJjMjFlMjNhNDEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODg3NDc1OTE@._V1_.jpg

I love my city and my team but god is it hard to root for them when I have basically hated the on ice product for years, such little talent, such little entertainement outside of maybe Koivu Markov Subban and Kovalev in 20 years. Organisational incompetance throughout my entire short life. It's embarassing. Has been for two decades+. Yet here I am writing on a habs message board.A curse handed to me by my parents that I will pass down to my children.Victory will be sweet if it ever comes my friends. God bless all of you and Go habs Go

Reactions: Miller Time
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad