News Article: Geoff Molson re-affirms confidence in Marc Bergevin, will not hire a president of hockey operations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So now there is Ryan Jankowski and Judd Brackett among Directors of Amateur Scouting that are available.

Jankowski was actually a scout for the Habs for three years from 2010-2013. And then he went to work for Hockey Canada for various of their Junior teams (U16, U18, U20).

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They do it in Buffalo, but not in Montreal?!?:thumbd:

If you look closely, they have made changes in Montreal. It just hasn't been done in one fell swoop like they did in Buffalo.

- They changed the entire AHL coaching staff in 2018.
- They let go of Daigneault and Lacroix and brought in Ducharme and Richardson.
- They added Bouillon as a development coach.
- Last off-season after the draft, they let go a bunch of scouts.

I know many are waiting for that big news of Bergevin and/or Julien fired.

But despite that, they have made changes. Changes that Buffalo made in one shot, Montreal has been doing for the last two years, but more spaced out.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As incredibly lucky as they were to get Dahlin, they were pretty lucky Cozens fell to them as well lol

I think the 2019 draft will prove to show that even if you didn't pick in the Top-3 or Top-5, you ended up landing a great player. And it's not just Habs landing Caufield at 15. Avs got Newhook at 16 and Vegas for Krebs at 17. Ducks got Zegras at 9. Canucks got Podkolzin at 10 and other examples.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Want to stop sucking as a franchise?

Stop hiring and promoting ex NHLers who haven't plied their craft for an extensive period of time at lower levels (I.e. their first gig wasn't a hand me down to a buddy in the AHL/NHL)

The f*** is Francis Bouillon and Mike Komisarek doing as development coaches. Why is Kevyn Adam's a god damn GM? Just because they played the game and were unjustly given roles in professional hockey doesnt make them qualified or even good at what they do.

I would much rather hire someone with a background in kinesiology, sports psychology etc. Who have worked their way up from at minimum the CHL level

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
That would be something, especially if Eichel demands a trade.
Poor bastard. All kinds of talent and he’s languishing on a Buffalo Team that can compete with any of the worst franchises in sports.
Yup just what Price has had to put up with for years,wish they would clean house like that in Montreal :popcorn:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Instead you'll ignore the fact that this team has literally no chance of winning a Cup short of a miracle trade

Different probability if we add two pieces like Brodin and Hall. Not ignoring anything. Just saying that we can be a legit top 5-top 10 range team if we are able to add pieces like that.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I think the 2019 draft will prove to show that even if you didn't pick in the Top-3 or Top-5, you ended up landing a great player. And it's not just Habs landing Caufield at 15. Avs got Newhook at 16 and Vegas for Krebs at 17. Ducks got Zegras at 9. Canucks got Podkolzin at 10 and other examples.

It would of been great to get Newhook also somehow... god damn Colorado's gonna be a nightmare to face soon

Reactions: Doc McKenna

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
It would of been great to get Newhook also somehow... god damn Colorado's gonna be a nightmare to face soon

Soon, (point % wise) they are already the 3rd best team in the league and have the 2nd most regulation wins. And they are only going to get better. IMO they have the brightest future ahead, followed by Tampa.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
103834257_2987881197933446_4837621835126044006_n.jpg

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Different probability if we add two pieces like Brodin and Hall. Not ignoring anything. Just saying that we can be a legit top 5-top 10 range team if we are able to add pieces like that.
Seems Hall is on a decline. May put a different spin on his trade. Similar for Subban; the only way I like that trade is if MB knew his back was going bad.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Seems Hall is on a decline. May put a different spin on his trade. Similar for Subban; the only way I like that trade is if MB knew his back was going bad.

Hall is not in decline at 28. You going to wait for a 25 year old UFA instead? Or sit back and dream that the draft picks turn into stars? The point is we should be making moves now while we still have Price and Weber. Sitting back and focusing on the draft entirely is dumb. And I'm all for stock piling picks too.... just not looking at it with one plan.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Hall is not in decline at 28. You going to wait for a 25 year old UFA instead? Or sit back and dream that the draft picks turn into stars? The point is we should be making moves now while we still have Price and Weber. Sitting back and focusing on the draft entirely is dumb. And I'm all for stock piling picks too.... just not looking at it with one plan.

What’s the sales pitch for Hall to come to Montreal? He’s won one playoff game in his career and only been to the playoffs once. I’m sure he wants to go to a team that show it can win. I know the cap is tight for some teams, but there still teams out there who can sign him like Dallas, Calgary.

I’d be happy to see him sign with the Habs but I’d be shocked too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What’s the sales pitch to come to Montreal for Hall? He’s won one playoff game in his career and only been to the playoffs once. I’m sure he wants to go to a team that show it can win. I know the cap is tight for some teams, but there still teams out there who can sign him like Dallas, Calgary.

I’d be happy to see him sign with the Habs but I’d be shocked too.

Oh I'd be surprised if he signed as well. But not so sure too many teams have $8M to sign him. Flames will go after him hard but they have limited cap space and a shit load of guys to sign on D. Flames signing Hall at $8M+ will require them to unload salary or go with a D like the Jets and Leafs.

Avs are the scary team at the moment IMO. They have cap space like the Habs and a much better younger core to work with.

Habs only leverage is Price/Weber/Gallagher with promising youth and we can offer bonus money in July. Not many teams offer that but depends on what the player is after.

Habs should not be desperate and just wait for the right circumstance. Getting Radulov was awesome but signing him for 1 year was dumb. Letting him go because of $1M more per year is also dumb. Bergevin messed that up for sure. 2017 off season set us back

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So Molson gives another offer to MB and MB is what just sitting on it? How long until Molson wakes the f*** up?

And some say Timmins is the worst part of this organization. Molson is either clueless or could care less how his team is not just losing but looks like total shit against some of the worst teams in the league (or were last year)

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
So Molson gives another offer to MB and MB is what just sitting on it? How long until Molson wakes the f*** up

I don't think the offer is still on the table.

And some say Timmins is the worst part of this organization. Molson is either clueless or could care less how his team is not just losing but looks like total shit against some of the worst teams in the league (or were last year)

This will not continue for much longer if they don't get their shit together.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't think the offer is still on the table.

This will not continue for much longer if they don't get their shit together.

I don't pay attention too much to the media, but I thought I heard last week that he made a bigger offer to MB and he was looking it over. Are you saying you heard it's already off the table or just think that? Just wondering as I have been very very busy with work and stuff but plan on taking some time off in the next 2 weeks to get caught up on things.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
At what point, if ever, will fans start sending the only message Molson "might" hear?

Stop buying anything Habs related...
Stop going to games...
Let the organization know that a decade of this crap is long enough.

Clean the house, top to bottom.

Hockey president & GM is priority #1... DD & his crew may as well get the season to try and salvage their next opportunity. New management can use the year to evaluate every area, sell off as many ufa/veteran assets as possible to add '22 & '23 draft currency (with a focus on top 60 picks).

Let the reset begin!!!!

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I don't pay attention too much to the media, but I thought I heard last week that he made a bigger offer to MB and he was looking it over. Are you saying you heard it's already off the table or just think that? Just wondering as I have been very very busy with work and stuff but plan on taking some time off in the next 2 weeks to get caught up on things.
The last info I got was that there will be no more negotiations during the season. The rest is speculation on my part.

I just can't imagine Molson not doing some serious re-evaluation right now. On the one hand he announced the end of the retool, he has a GM wanting to be paid like one of the best in the business and on the other hand he has a capped-out team that's embarrassingly bad and the fruits of the retool are playing like crap.

I'd say there's no chance Bergevin gets another shot.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad