News Article: Geoff Molson re-affirms confidence in Marc Bergevin, will not hire a president of hockey operations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Meanwhile we're still here with Marc it as an excuse Bergevin.

Both the sabres and habs have to either go for it and trade futures for players today, or trade players today for players tomorrow.
I touched on this about a week ago, Bergie is safe because it doesn't have to be about winning here, Molson can continue to cash in on the glory days of old while running a garbage organization that is a mockery of what we used to be. We still pack the stands and money is flowing like a river, Bergevin will be our GM as long as Molson owns the team. Accept it, I have.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Even though Buffalo is no model of greatness.. better to fire a guy when you've lost confidence than to let him stay around and continue to damage the team
I am very jealous of them... to be fair though it took Eichel comments about winning to initiate that change of direction.

I wish Weber/Price would do something about the habs not committed to win rather than sitting on their fat ass contracts.

Grandpa

Jul 27, 2019
iF yOu CaN't HaNdLe ThE bAd TiMeS yOu'Re NoT a TrUe HaB. i'M gOnNa KeEp On RoOtInG...

Habs were drop dead f***ing awful and Molson is happy since Bergie knew Covid-19 will extend the playoffs. Can every person in Québec please stop drinking his dog's diarrhea tasting brew until team is sold to someone else.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I am very jealous of them... to be fair though it took Eichel comments about winning to initiate that change of direction.

I wish Weber/Price would do something about the habs not committed to win rather than sitting on their fat ass contracts.

Both players have only ever won anything when playing on team Canada all-star teams so I wonder how much they really care about winning a cup. Weber is near the end of the road and I would not be shocked if he is done after one more year, the miles are taking their toll on his body. Price and Gallagher would be the two that could make some noise and embarrass Molson with a trade request.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I touched on this about a week ago, Bergie is safe because it doesn't have to be about winning here, Molson can continue to cash in on the glory days of old while running a garbage organization that is a mockery of what we used to be. We still pack the stands and money is flowing like a river, Bergevin will be our GM as long as Molson owns the team. Accept it, I have.
Oh no, MB and Richie Rich have beaten you down.....hang in there Craig, I still think we have better days ahead!! Wish I could tell ya exactly when that will be, but once Mol$on finally gets embarassed, he will then make a change......

Grandpa

Jul 27, 2019
Sometimes I'm scared that there's actually someone above Moulson who is even worse than him.

First we though that one of these days Bergevin is going to get rid of Therrien. Nah, all that time Bergevin got his back. Even through the worst ~70 game stretch in Canadiens history.

But Moulson is going to end Marc's reign. He won't let this team slide from mediocrity into a tragicomic shitshow with no future. Nah, he was pleased all the time. Of 31 teams Habs were 24th and made it to the playoffs out of pandemia and pity. House is on fire and he's loving it. Marc's rebuild is done and Sainte-Flanelle is right back at "anything can happen".

Surely people will rise against POS owner who has turned storied franchise into a cash cow under his ownership. Nah, we'll rather wait that hockey's own Dan Snyder/James Dolan might one day get bored of milking his pitiful old boys club. Only way to stop him is to hit his wallet with a force.

He is fine with status quo. He doesn't give a shit. Our worst rival isn't Leafs or Bruins, it's the owner who is fine being shit year in and year out, as long as he's making profit.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Oh no, MB and Richie Rich have beaten you down.....hang in there Craig, I still think we have better days ahead!! Wish I could tell ya exactly when that will be, but once Mol$on finally gets embarassed, he will then make a change......
If he's not embarrassed now....I don't think he can be embarrassed.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Price and Weber won’t talk, they are both happy making money and being part of a losing culture. If they really had a problem, they would have spoken a long time ago.

The only player who talked shit was Pacioretty and he quickly got traded away for his “bad” attitude. Say whatever you want about him but he’s the only one who stood up to Bergevin’s stupidity.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Price and Weber won’t talk, they are both happy making money and being part of a losing culture. If they really had a problem, they would have spoken a long time ago.

The only player who talked shit was Pacioretty and he quickly got traded away for his “bad” attitude. Say whatever you want about him but he’s the only one who stood up to Bergevin’s stupidity.
Cammalleri also spoke out about the losing culture of the team and got traded too.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Both players have only ever won anything when playing on team Canada all-star teams so I wonder how much they really care about winning a cup. Weber is near the end of the road and I would not be shocked if he is done after one more year, the miles are taking their toll on his body. Price and Gallagher would be the two that could make some noise and embarrass Molson with a trade request.
What an embarrassing comment. How much do they care about winning...lol.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If he's not embarrassed now....I don't think he can be embarrassed.
Bang on! The man does question and answer sessions with fans and cherry picks questions pertaining to team merchandise and available ticket packages all while we are firmly entrenched in suckville! He has no shame, he continues to back one of the worst GM's in our history and sees him as one of the leagues most respected! He has no concept of reality or he simply doesn't care as long as he is making money.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
What an embarrassing comment. How much do they care about winning...lol.
What? How can you possibly say that? When have you heard from either of them that they despise the losing culture in Montreal ala Jack Eichel in Buffalo? All I see are pics of Price and Webs holding a fish or sitting on a boat during playoff time and maybe my perception is a tad off but they look happy enough to me. We need some fire from someone on this team, we need someone to say that losing and boring hockey is unacceptable for once, as a fan, our current situation should embarrass you more than my comments.

Last edited:

Deebs

Feb 5, 2014
What? How can you possibly say that? When have you heard from either of them that they despise the losing culture in Montreal ala Jack Eichel in Buffalo? All I see are pics of Price and Webs holding a fish or sitting on a boat during playoff time and maybe my perception is a tad off but they look happy enough to me. We need some fire from someone on this team, we need someone to say that losing and boring hockey is unacceptable for once, as a fan, our current situation should embarrass you more than my comments.
I feel embarrassed for you.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
While I don’t want to start speculating on players and their personal desires to win, I sure as **** can bet that our owner doesn’t care.

8 years into this train wreck and counting. It pains me to say this but I almost think it needs to take the Leafs winning the Cup to completely embarrass our franchise so maybe then Mol$on would look in the mirror and see what he has built with MB...

Whatever. What can you do. I’m just going to pray Price/Weber hold up and all our young guys hit their ceilings and we go from there. But you gotta think there should be a bit more of a plan than that

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Deebs

Feb 5, 2014
While I don’t want to start speculating on players and their personal desires to win, I sure as **** can bet that our owner doesn’t care.

8 years into this train wreck and counting. It pains me to say this but I almost think it needs to take the Leafs winning the Cup to completely embarrass our franchise so maybe then Mol$on would look in the mirror and see what he has built with MB...

Whatever. What can you do. I’m just going to pray Price/Weber hold up and all our young guys hit their ceilings and we go from there. But you gotta think there should be a bit more of a plan than that
I don't think Molson doesn't want to win, I just think he doesn't know how :)

For other posters to suggests guys like Weber and Price don't want to win just shows their ignorance

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

For other posters to suggests guys like Weber and Price don't want to win just shows their ignorance
This organization’s hope is they do want to win and either get Bergevin fired or request to be traded so we can move onto the future.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Even though Buffalo is no model of greatness.. better to fire a guy when you've lost confidence than to let him stay around and continue to damage the team

At least Buffalo has bona fide elite type franchise players. Where are ours? Oh, I forgot, we draft a ton of lower round prospects, throw them against the wall and hope that someone will emerge. It's the "anything can happen" method, applied not just to making the playoffs, but anywhere else in the organization where it matters.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There isn't a board, the Canadiens are owned by a Limited Partnership (CH Limited Partnership). Molson represents the General Partner. The remaining investors are Limited Partners and therefore have no control/input. Most people aren't familiar with Limited Partnerships and the media has never picked up on this or mentioned it.

That's an important distinction. Thanks for making it. I've already seen you post this before -- clearly, it needs more reposting before it gets through.

Reactions: the and Per Sjoblom

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

The only reason I'm clinging to hope even though we all no this franchise has no hope left in it. Great timing to have a kid, because the big hole in my heart this franchise created with their ineptitude will be filled 10 folds by him! f*** you Habs, f*** you Geoff, f*** you Marc. I

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL

Are posters saying guys like Weber and Price don't want to win or care about winning? They're writing winning is not their priority, their holy grail. And you know what? That's my opinion as well.

They better be voicing their discontent with the build of this team internally, because there is no f***ing way they believe they have a chance at the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad