OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing - Round XII

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017

Wonder if him and Antonio Brown are gonna have a boxing match at some point. I know they’re boys, which makes the whole rigging process that much easier. AB is making a lot of noise for the wrong reasons too right now.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
NGANNOU vs GANE

Who do you have ?

Either Francis will get slowly picked apart or Gane ketting knocked out.

Either ways it has the potential to be an amazing fight !

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
What are you saying about Masvidal? He's a great fighter. Used to fight bare knuckle as well during his early years. Worked his ass off to make it to the top. His standup is waaaay better than Woodley.
Jorge is a journeyman. A gatekeeper at best. He’s never been that good. I think the WW division in general is the worst it’s ever been.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Ya but the difference between him and some guys who are thought of fondly is retiring at right time. If GSP fought this late he’d lose too.

It doesn’t hurt his legacy. Just line Silva is still considered great. It just looks like he doesn’t know when to stop.
Naw, Woodley was never that good imo. All this greatest WW of all time talk was nonsense, ppl are doing the same with Usman now, Woodley was never close and there’s nothing Usman can do to get there imo.

Part of what makes GSP great is he would never put himself out there like that. They offered him Woodley and everyone was saying GSP ducked him and GSP’s whole point was this guy is a no name and doesn’t add to my legacy. I want something meaningful, beating the shit out of TW wouldn’t have added anything to GSP’s legacy.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I guarantee most MMA fighters train in boxing. There was a big shift in MMA when fighters learned submission defense, which increased the value of stand up skills. Gone are the days when grapplers/submission artists could dominate fights. It means a lot of fights that used to be decided on the ground are now decided on the feet. Woodley is a stalky, short armed, grappler who gave up 20-30 pounds, reach and height. End of story. He's not representative of MMA fighters trained in stand up with decent reach. Masvidal would destroy Woodley in a pure stand up fight. A lot of good stand up guys are neutralized by the threat of takedowns. Once that is removed, guys like Masvidal can let their hands go. Check out the Kimbo video. Masvidal has good stand up and beat up someone substantially heavier if I recall.
MMA boxing, for the most part is terrible. They just aren’t that good at it, the best mma boxers would be miles behind the worst boxers. They haven’t really evolved in this discipline much. Paul would clown them all and he’s terrible.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
MMA boxing, for the most part is terrible. They just aren’t that good at it, the best mma boxers would be miles behind the worst boxers. They haven’t really evolved in this discipline much. Paul would clown them all and he’s terrible.

Paul constantly fights guys way smaller than him though. I’m fairly certain Anderson Silva would piece him up in a boxing ring. Someone like Dustin Poirier who although much smaller, he’s a hell of a boxer and he walks around 190lbs. He’d likely KO Paul.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Paul constantly fights guys way smaller than him though. I’m fairly certain Anderson Silva would piece him up in a boxing ring. Someone like Dustin Poirier who although much smaller, he’s a hell of a boxer and he walks around 190lbs. He’d likely KO Paul.
Silva was great at clowning guys who couldn’t box. I think Jake knocks him out stiff. Dustin’s boxing imo is pretty overrated. I think he loses too. Silva was an elite mma striker, but his actual boxing wasn’t. You can’t live in the matrix against someone who is training boxing everyday and nothing else everyday.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Silva was great at clowning guys who couldn’t box. I think Jake knocks him out stiff. Dustin’s boxing imo is pretty overrated. I think he loses too. Silva was an elite mma striker, but his actual boxing wasn’t. You can’t live in the matrix against someone who is training boxing everyday and nothing else everyday.

I guess you missed where Silva pieced up professional boxer Chavez Jr.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
I have figueiredo and Ngannou by tko or ko. I threw a few bucks at that.

That ll make it more interesting !

Moreno really impressed me in his last fight, that ll be a fun one to watch too.

The more I think about it for Ngannou is that if he was able to beat a guy like Miocic (the 2nd time around) he has a good chance to KO a guy like Gane, who I dont think has as much experience as someone as strong and as complete (on his feet) as Ngannou.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad