OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing - Round XII

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
That ll make it more interesting !

Moreno really impressed me in his last fight, that ll be a fun one to watch too.

The more I think about it for Ngannou is that if he was able to beat a guy like Miocic (the 2nd time around) he has a good chance to KO a guy like Gane, who I dont think has as much experience as someone as strong and as complete (on his feet) as Ngannou.

Its not a matter of knowing 100% who's going to win but the odds for both fights were interesting if you picked the underdog. Some of these odds have been brutal lately especially considering what happened in the last cards.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Dana has showed up even after he didn’t like people. I doubt he didn’t show up to entire press conference just to avoid talking about Francis. Either way he’ll be interviewed again soon and it will be asked.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
If Dana could get away with paying his fighters Dunkin’ donut gift cards he would. I’m glad Francis is open to leaving. It shows how salty Dana is. Not putting the strap on your HW champ, what a buffoon. Only sport where fighters take home 20% of the revenue. It’s f***ing shameful.

I hope they all take a stand together. I mean, these guys can make more in one Jake Paul fight then most of their career. He’s a damn you tuber. Tell Dana to pound sand and you’re not fighting until you get what you’re worth.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If Dana could get away with paying his fighters Dunkin’ donut gift cards he would. I’m glad Francis is open to leaving. It shows how salty Dana is. Not putting the strap on your HW champ, what a buffoon. Only sport where fighters take home 20% of the revenue. It’s f***ing shameful.

I hope they all take a stand together. I mean, these guys can make more in one Jake Paul fight then most of their career. He’s a damn you tuber. Tell Dana to pound sand and you’re not fighting until you get what you’re worth.

I think too many people are blindly believing Dana left his entire event to just not put a belt on someone. A week prior DW suggested he thinks they’ll work out a deal and had good convo with Francis. DW and Stipe also had a dispute and DW still was in the ring with the belt. DW hated Ortiz but was there when he won.

For DW to leave entire event there’s likely a reason. It’s up to him to say it though or people will speculate.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Francis is pulling the GSP!

He needs to get that Fury fight. It would seem to be the biggest fight and pay day he could ever get.

He has no chance against Fury in a straight boxing match.

Dana has to do something though… seems too many of the UFC fighters try to change their contracts.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I think too many people are blindly believing Dana left his entire event to just not put a belt on someone. A week prior DW suggested he thinks they’ll work out a deal and had good convo with Francis. DW and Stipe also had a dispute and DW still was in the ring with the belt. DW hated Ortiz but was there when he won.

For DW to leave entire event there’s likely a reason. It’s up to him to say it though or people will speculate.
You’re right about this one instance, there could be a reasonable excuse for leaving, however, Dana has a history of abusing these guys and airing the dirty laundry publicly. What other promoters do you see badmouthing their star fighters/players on social media etc.

There is a history here of Dana acting like a man child.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You’re right about this one instance, there could be a reasonable excuse for leaving, however, Dana has a history of abusing these guys and airing the dirty laundry publicly. What other promoters do you see badmouthing their star fighters/players on social media etc.

There is a history here of Dana acting like a man child.

I think Dana White is reaching a boiling point. He’s got a 20 something year old kid attacking his business and getting people talking on top of a heavyweight champion about to walk away from his non sense. Dana’s going to have to accept the fighters are likely going to standup to him at some point. He’s been getting away with murder for years.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
These kinds of fight where a guy gets badly cut at the beginning of the fight and the fight keeps going is bad. Sure the guy goes back to his corner at the end of the round, but it will not stop bleeding. Just stop the fight.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
What's everyone's thoughts on the main event? I thought the commentary was super bias towards Izzy, especially Anik and Bisping. Felt that the fight was 48-47 either way and all it really took was one connection on any of the rounds to win it. I actually didn't feel Izzy did anything. He looked good with the kicks but he never connected with his punches.

Rob had more connections but he couldnt land a combo to show judges it was a round win.

Love Izzy but I wanted Rob to win so maybe my take is also bias. Curious what y'all saw

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Shocking....not. This guy has way to many issues and needs serious help

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Shocking....not. This guy has way to many issues and needs serious help

I don't like Jon Jones, I actually dislike him even if I recognize his talent but this...I mean this guy has problems.

This isn't a one time thing. This guy is a nightmare waiting to happen when the CTE kicks in.

I wish the best for him and I hope Cejudo keeps him focused. I hope he stays true to being sober.

Unfortunately, the fact that he doesn't think he did anything wrong even after is and will always be alarming. He is a bit of a nutcase with constant run ins with the law and drug testing. He needs peace outside the ring.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I don't accept the odds on Chimaev vs Burns lol
Like, -700, for real? Against the #3 WW contender? WTF?!

I mean, he's impressive (he received only one significant strike, he has more victories that he has been hit lol) but Burns a killer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad