OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing - Round XII

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Anybody saw the guy on twitch that streamed the full event just by pretending he was playinf a video game ?

Edit: Nvm that was 5y ago (article haha)

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
First time I see something like this...

Why would you even get on the ring if you knew all the way that you were not going to fight? I hope he doesn't get the cash.

Because then you can't show people how woke you are

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Never seen a shake up like that 1 day before a main event lol wow

Before yesterday it was
Khamzat Chimaev vs Nate Diaz at 170
Tony Ferguson vs Li Jingliang 170
Kevin Holland vs Daniel Rodriguez at 180 catchweight

All of a sudden, lol,
-Khamzat and Holland get into an altercation backstage for the pressers thursday. (Khamzat kicked Holland in the stomach lol)
-Khamzat weighs in on Friday a mindblowing 8 pounds overweight at 179 lbs lol, and so starts a chain reaction

Now,
Tony Ferguson fights Nate Diaz at 170
Khamzat will now face Kevin Holland at 180 lol wow how could it fit so perfectly
And poor Li Jingliang at 170 has to fight Rodriguez who prepped for 180 lol.. surely Li will be compensated

Its absolutely incredible UFC was able to pull this off, in 1 day, a day before the fights lmao wow AND all the fighters agreed!

I'm glad tho, Khamzat was going to send Diaz to the morgue, it wouldnt of been fun to see Diaz last fight like that, instead we get a out of nowhere Tony vs Nate at 170 (looks like Tony went up from 155 to 170 finally, hopefully will fare better) for the fans and much less 1 sided

And now we get the maniac Khamzat vs the guy he was beefing with backstage in Holland lmao 1 day later
Never seen anything like it lol

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Never seen a shake up like that 1 day before a main event lol wow

Before yesterday it was
Khamzat Chimaev vs Nate Diaz at 170
Tony Ferguson vs Li Jingliang 170
Kevin Holland vs Daniel Rodriguez at 180 catchweight

All of a sudden, lol,
-Khamzat and Holland get into an altercation backstage for the pressers thursday. (Khamzat kicked Holland in the stomach lol)
-Khamzat weighs in on Friday a mindblowing 8 pounds overweight at 179 lbs lol, and so starts a chain reaction

Now,
Tony Ferguson fights Nate Diaz at 170
Khamzat will now face Kevin Holland at 180 lol wow how could it fit so perfectly
And poor Li Jingliang at 170 has to fight Rodriguez who prepped for 180 lol.. surely Li will be compensated

Its absolutely incredible UFC was able to pull this off, in 1 day, a day before the fights lmao wow AND all the fighters agreed!

I'm glad tho, Khamzat was going to send Diaz to the morgue, it wouldnt of been fun to see Diaz last fight like that, instead we get a out of nowhere Tony vs Nate at 170 (looks like Tony went up from 155 to 170 finally, hopefully will fare better) for the fans and much less 1 sided

And now we get the maniac Khamzat vs the guy he was beefing with backstage in Holland lmao 1 day later
Never seen anything like it lol

The card is way better on paper now.

I expected Diaz to do that against Chimaev, just to stick it to UFC, fortunately, he's fighting Tony Ferguson... :laugh:

Reactions: Redux91

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Missing weight by 8 lbs is just completely unacceptable. Chimaev seems like a bit of a douche to be honest. I was a bit caught up in the hype, but you can’t have guys this unprofessional running around your organization missing weight by 8 f***ing lbs. what a joke.

Reactions: Hacketts

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The card is way better on paper now.

I expected Diaz to do that against Chimaev, just to stick it to UFC, fortunately, he's fighting Tony Ferguson... :laugh:
That was the only thing I left off of my post lol
Somehow, the card amazingly got BETTER with all the shuffling
At first glance you're like aw man we lose an interesting main event but we right away gain 2 great fights instead lol

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Missing weight by 8 lbs is just completely unacceptable. Chimaev seems like a bit of a douche to be honest. I was a bit caught up in the hype, but you can’t have guys this unprofessional running around your organization missing weight by 8 f***ing lbs. what a joke.
I have to say
My thoughts were also like "soooo UFC really letting Khamzat get away with a lot here.."
It's more than the 8 lbs too like the guy starts a FIGHT backstage lol, THEN comes in overweight

Oliveira misses weight by 0.5 they STRIP his title, wins the fight, still no title, Khamzat does ALL of this and Dana still bends over for him lol
They like khamzat THAT much honestly
There's a lot of Connor in him (which can also be a bad thing lol)

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Having a past his prime/permanently punch-drunk Ferguson in there will probably make it a better actual fight. Chimaev was a terrible matchup for Nate anyway, he would have just mauled him like a bear. It would have been the Benson Henderson fight all over again, except Chimaev tries to finish his opponents.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Having a past his prime/permanently punch-drunk Ferguson in there will probably make it a better actual fight. Chimaev was a terrible matchup for Nate anyway, he would have just mauled him like a bear. It would have been the Benson Henderson fight all over again, except Chimaev tries to finish his opponents.
Yeah, as much as I was looking forward to Diaz vs Chimaev
Deep down, I really wasn't lol
Was petrified for Nate (who can handle himself, but still, was an awful feeling lurking)

Reactions: Hacketts

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I don’t like Chimaev, I hope he gets his soon. Seems like a piece of work to me. Missing weight by 8 lbs and then has the nerve to call Nate a chicken for not fighting him while he’s 8 lbs over in a fight where he probably outweighs Nate by ~20 lbs already.

This screamed Dana being butt hurt at Nate for having the audacity to finish out his contract. Dana tried to f*** him up on the way out the door imo. Glad it all fell through, scum should stick together.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Goatmaev Bless.
1649018502-woo.png

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Im happy holland got his payday and got out of there without suffering too much damage at least.
Its crazy because I swear if he didint get submitted and survived the round Chimaev would have been so gassed Holland would have had a good chance to pick him appart. You can tell Holland was just happy to get out of there at the end tho Khamzat is a freak

Dissapointed in Tony's performance , guy just can't catch a break but at some point you gotta make your own luck #ElCucuy #TonyTime #ChampShitOnly

The girls had a great battle too very entertaining fight

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Im happy holland got his payday and got out of there without suffering too much damage at least.
Its crazy because I swear if he didint get submitted and survived the round Chimaev would have been so gassed Holland would have had a good chance to pick him appart. You can tell Holland was just happy to get out of there at the end tho Khamzat is a freak

Dissapointed in Tony's performance , guy just can't catch a break but at some point you gotta make your own luck #ElCucuy #TonyTime #ChampShitOnly

The girls had a great battle too very entertaining fight
Tony should have retired a while ago. His peak years were awesome, he was amongst the best in the world back then. What we're seeing now is only a mere shadow of what he once was. He seems to love his sport a lot though, more than winning even. Tough to call it quits but he should do it himself before the UFC does it for him.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
There is never a need. Chimaev is a wannabe gangster who has almost no fight IQ.

I can’t wait to see the bully get bullied.

His fight IQ is pretty good, he only looked dumb against Gilbert, but after what he did against Holland, we can conclude that he's able to stick to his gameplan and not let his ego take the better of him. I think the hate you have toward him is clouding your judgment. The hate is deserved, he came 8 lb too heavy, insulted the fans and had a huge smile after the failed weight-in, but he's a great fighter, a future champ.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
His fight IQ is pretty good, he only looked dumb against Gilbert, but after what he did against Holland, we can conclude that he's able to stick to his gameplan and not let his ego take the better of him. I think the hate you have toward him is clouding your judgment. The hate is deserved, he came 8 lb too heavy, insulted the fans and had a huge smile after the failed weight-in, but he's a great fighter, a future champ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad