Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2021-22

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's bloody bizarre. He must be an absolute headcase.

Good to see Chaffee back in action after a long injury absence. He looks good to me. Fast, pretty big, and with some skill. Carries the puck to the net hard. Some similarities to Duhaime. If he can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised if we see him as a bottom six option in the future.

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Can't believe he was considered the 2nd best center prospect Minnesota had.
At one point, yes, and it was earned then. But, I doubt that's true now. He slipped pretty far down my personal chart after (or even during) last season. I don't know what the opposite of schadenfreude is, but I'm feeling that about being right in my assessment.

At the moment, I'd have Rossi, Khusnutdinov, and McBain ahead of him, even though I don't have high hopes for McBain being anything more than a 4th liner. I'd have Dewar ahead of him, too, and maybe even Svetlakov, who we'll never see in the NHL. In other words, have fun in the KHL, Khovy.

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
In April when the smoke clears and you want a playoff team, it would be good to see:

Karizov Rossi Zuccarello

Boldy Eriksson EK Fiala

Foligno McBain Hartman

Greenway Sturm Duhaime

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
At one point, yes, and it was earned then. But, I doubt that's true now. He slipped pretty far down my personal chart after (or even during) last season. I don't know what the opposite of schadenfreude is, but I'm feeling that about being right in my assessment.

At the moment, I'd have Rossi, Khusnutdinov, and McBain ahead of him, even though I don't have high hopes for McBain being anything more than a 4th liner. I'd have Dewar ahead of him, too, and maybe even Svetlakov, who we'll never see in the NHL. In other words, have fun in the KHL, Khovy.
I don't know if Khovanov will even get time as a regular in the KHL.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Khovanov was such a stud in his d+2 season. It’s a shame how things have gone. Looked like last year he had gotten a bit chunky. Doesn’t seem to have the needed dedication, and from the way Iowa is handling this, he must be an absolute douche.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
In April when the smoke clears and you want a playoff team, it would be good to see:

Karizov Rossi Zuccarello

Boldy Eriksson EK Fiala

Foligno McBain Hartman

Greenway Sturm Duhaime

If everyone comes back healthy, I see it more like:

Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello
Greenway - EEK - Foligno
Boldy - Gaudreau - Fiala
Bjugstad - Sturm - Duhaime
Pitlick

Rossi sent down for contract reasons and will be a black ace should the Wild make the postseason.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Greenway - EEK - Foligno
Boldy - Gaudreau - Fiala
Pitlick

Rossi sent down for contract reasons and will be a black ace should the Wild make the postseason.
I can also see Bjugstad being waived once he gets healthy (which might not be for a long time), and Dewar/Pitlick taking his place. Would also be interested to see if Addison impresses during the next few weeks, and ends up staying, with Benn getting waived.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Khovanov was such a stud in his d+2 season. It’s a shame how things have gone. Looked like last year he had gotten a bit chunky. Doesn’t seem to have the needed dedication, and from the way Iowa is handling this, he must be an absolute douche.

Remember, Khovanov in his D + 2 year, was older than most of his teammates. But the red flags were there.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN

Greenway - EEK - Foligno
Boldy - Gaudreau - Fiala
Pitlick

Just give me Rossi for Gaudreau, he just makes us better. Would the contract stuff even matter during the playoffs?

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Just give me Rossi for Gaudreau, he just makes us better. Would the contract stuff even matter during the playoffs?

It does not matter at all this year, but could be a big deal in the final year of the cap recapture. Ideally the team would bottom out next season and then maintain an upward trend until the dead cap is off the books.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It does not matter at all this year, but could be a big deal in the final year of the cap recapture. Ideally the team would bottom out next season and then maintain an upward trend until the dead cap is off the books.

When has a Minnesota Wild team ever bottomed out?:)

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Based on the two games so far I think Boldy is clearly an NHL player right now, and a pretty good one. I think he is forcing his way on to this team with his play. Rossi, on the other hand, has been fine but he hasn't done anything to make you think that the Wild would be crazy to send him back down. He still has work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad