Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2021-22

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
no better time than the winter classic to get your first taste. i know its not happening but it would be a pretty epic first game to play in.
Actually, would be a terrible time. Atypical, very, very cold, playing in the wind...far better he stays in Iowa. Not the place he wants to be broken in.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Actually, would be a terrible time. Atypical, very, very cold, playing in the wind...far better he stays in Iowa. Not the place he wants to be broken in.
cold and wind is the issue? personally if i had a choice for my first game, prime time stage under the lights outside would be pretty high up there despite the weather. get me some under armor and a face covering and lets go.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Anyone know why Beckman is now on the 4th line? Looks like he has slowly been moved down the lineup the last few weeks. I tried to ask Russo but got no response.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone know why Beckman is now on the 4th line? Looks like he has slowly been moved down the lineup the last few weeks. I tried to ask Russo but got no response.
Noticed that myself. He still gets PP TOI. Might have something to do with injuries. Dewar has been injured, Shaw unavailable. I've thought Beckman has looked good, though his production could be better, but what are you going to get done with Cody McLeod and Nate Sucese as your linemates? Khovanov looks to have been sent down to, even though i thought he looked decent.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I'm not thrilled with most of the decisions surrounding Iowa and its players, but Beckman hasn't been a very noticeable player for a long stretch of games. He'll have a couple nice plays here and there, infrequently, and he'll score here and there, but for a majority of the time, if he's not scoring, he's not really doing much.

He's only 20, and a rookie in this league, so I'm not concerned about him long term. He has the tools to be a much better player than this. He'll improve for sure. But this is reason #1 why I didn't understand the people who thought he should be on the NHL team this season. He's not even going to make the NHL roster next season at this rate. And that's still okay.

Noticed that myself. He still gets PP TOI. Might have something to do with injuries. Dewar has been injured, Shaw unavailable. I've thought Beckman has looked good, though his production could be better, but what are you going to get done with Cody McLeod and Nate Sucese as your linemates? Khovanov looks to have been sent down to, even though i thought he looked decent.

Khovanov should be a top 9 center on this roster. Either they're still trying to punish him for the start of the season, or they've completely given up on developing him. Maybe they'll be forced to give him a permanent spot once the taxi squad starts up.

Rossi with another game tying goal from Beckman and Boldy. Boldy creates a turnover in front of the net, Rossi takes the trash out.

Rossi seems to play better with Boldy there, Boldy continues to be the best player in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Rossi with another game tying goal from Beckman and Boldy. Boldy creates a turnover in front of the net, Rossi takes the trash out.

Rossi seems to play better with Boldy there, Boldy continues to be the best player in the league.
Isn’t it crazy that good players play better when they have players who can keep up with them? I wonder if Guerin is taking notes and decides Fiala needs linemates as well.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
... and just like that Beckman is back playing with Boldy and Rossi...

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia

I'm not thrilled with most of the decisions surrounding Iowa and its players, but Beckman hasn't been a very noticeable player for a long stretch of games. He'll have a couple nice plays here and there, infrequently, and he'll score here and there, but for a majority of the time, if he's not scoring, he's not really doing much.

He's only 20, and a rookie in this league, so I'm not concerned about him long term. He has the tools to be a much better player than this. He'll improve for sure. But this is reason #1 why I didn't understand the people who thought he should be on the NHL team this season. He's not even going to make the NHL roster next season at this rate. And that's still okay.

Thanks guys. Was just curious if anyone had heard/read anything that I missed. Wonder if its defensive zone stuff, effort, etc. but sounds like he was elevated today. Love his shoot first mentality and his skating definitely improved (I watched first handful of games this year and about a dozen last year), so hopefully he will continue to get quality linemates.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
TBF to Army, his club has been decimated with injuries, call ups to the taxi squad, and Covid. His best PMD's(Addison, Hicketts, Mermis) are all unavailable, as are Dewar, Shaw, and a few other forwards. Rossi is looking better game by game, but part of that is playing with Boldy, who should be playing in a NHL top 9 right now. I want to see him play with Fiala ASAP. It's such a no brainer move.

Hammond has looked good recently. I think he could be a NHL backup.

Khovanov should be a top 9 center on this roster. Either they're still trying to punish him for the start of the season, or they've completely given up on developing him. Maybe they'll be forced to give him a permanent spot once the taxi squad starts up.
I think so too.
I am kind of stunned that he isn't playing right now. This Stevens guy looks like nothing special. Maybe Khovanov is an insolent jerk or doesn't show up on time to team functions ...that's the only thing I can come up with?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Khovanov must be out of shape and his attitude must be poor and his talent isn’t high enough to make up for it. How do you justify keeping a guy like that around? That makes the most sense to me and explains why he runs into similar issues at every team on both sides of the Atlantic. Always enough talent to hang around but not enough will to make any use of it. Getting close to being too late

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
McBain with 4 goals in the past two games. Now that Guerin isn't Team USA GM, maybe he can get around to signing him? If nothing else, he would be a nice add for Iowa after the NCAA season is finished.

Reactions: keppel146

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
McBain with 4 goals in the past two games. Now that Guerin isn't Team USA GM, maybe he can get around to signing him? If nothing else, he would be a nice add for Iowa after the NCAA season is finished.

If you’re expecting him to sign a pro contract while he’s still playing college hockey, I think you should adjust your expectations.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If you’re expecting him to sign a pro contract while he’s still playing college hockey, I think you should adjust your expectations.
It is quite common to talk with the player's advisor and arrange a contract beforehand, then announce it soon after the season ends.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Should be a lot of fun. Can’t wait for line combos to come out. Hopefully they play so well they can’t get sent down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad