OT: General College Hockey Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Wholly deserved, too. They've had the better chances. If anything they haven't been able to step on Denver's throat after missing a penalty shot and an empty net on a rebound on a bouncing puck.
Yep, Cornell has thoroughly outplayed Denver today.

But it's still only a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go. All it takes is one breakdown, one lucky bounce and the entire complexion of the game changes.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Big Red advance, knocking off the reigning champion Pioneers.
That could have been a 5-2 game without the heroics of both goalies.

Great games by Cornell and St. Cloud...the teams I called out as chokers. I thought Minny State was going to wreck that bracket.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That could have been a 5-2 game without the heroics of both goalies.

Great games by Cornell and St. Cloud...the teams I called out as chokers. I thought Minny State was going to wreck that bracket.

I'm 0-3 for today. If Canisius plays David to the Gophers' Goliath, I'll be 0-4.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
there’s a dedicated thread for this game pinned to the top in case people didn’t know and want to check out that conversation

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Yep, Cornell has thoroughly outplayed Denver today.

But it's still only a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go. All it takes is one breakdown, one lucky bounce and the entire complexion of the game changes.
Cornell is so inconsistent. But! That looked like the Cornell team that beat Quinnipiac...the dangerous version.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
OSU up 2-0. Just hopping into the game after having to get my complex key fob fixed since the gate was struck by lightning the other night.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Lesson for the 3rd OSU goal - Go to the net without the puck and stay there.

For the 4th... score off the faceoff.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Weird how one hockey team that Pegula funded can play energetic hockey and excellent defense and the other can not.

PSU now up 5-0 and they haven't taken a penalty on Michigan Tech, almost 5 minutes into the third period.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Quinnipiac was clearly unfazed by the loss to Colgate. There is just no weakness in their game. If today's version of tOSU shows up on Sunday then it should be a classic game.

I wasn't expecting a big shakeup this year, but Cornell, OSU and St. Cloud have made me look like a chump.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad