OT: General College Hockey Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
CHN's projected final bracket:
Screenshot_20230319-090121_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Chainshot

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
My alma mater will just have to upset Minny. Which will be a win win. They move on and Johnson signs not too long from now.
I have a place in my heart for Canisius as well. I did my pre-pharmacy work there for 3 years in the late 70s before moving over to UB for pharmacy school. I had an opportunity to be back on the Canisius campus a couple of years ago as the company I work for leased some space in their Science Hall for a large/long term project. It was nice walking around the campus and exploring some old haunts and walking the length of the tunnel. Brought back some nice memories.

I'm always glad to see them have success.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Anybody happen to catch how Ryan Johnson looked? I’ll be watching the tourney but haven’t seen him play yet this year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anybody happen to catch how Ryan Johnson looked? I’ll be watching the tourney but haven’t seen him play yet this year.

Mostly like he has in most of their other games - mostly steady, mostly don't notice him. He was on for the Duke GWG but it was Faber who seemed to lose containment to allow the goal to be scored. He was also on for the first Gopher goal. Not much to parse out of the highlights from last night but this is the what B10 Network put up:

Reactions: RefsIdeas

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
My alma mater will just have to upset Minny. Which will be a win win. They move on and Johnson signs not too long from now.
There will be a giant sucking sound of talent leaving Minny when they're done. Gotta think Cooley, Knies and Lacomb will bail as well.

Reactions: joshjull

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'll play:

Minny and Minnesota St. - then the Gophers advance.

Quinnipiac and OSU - then Quinnipiac advances.

Michigan and Michigan Tech - then Tech advances.

Denver and WMU - then Denver advances.

Not all that weird.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
2023 Atlantic Hockey Association Champion Canisius Golden Griffins.

Damn, that has a nice ring to it. That was a unbelievable experience. The building was sold out (1,805)...it was a fantastic atmosphere. The crowd was in it all night . . . and when Bowman scored that goal, PSE could have contracted out for a new roof.

This was my eighth season as the Griffs' public address announcer and music director. We've come close - Final Fours, even in the final a couple of years ago . . . but this was my first championship.

And to have the stars align to have the game here in Buffalo? I was elated to have one postseason series here . . . but then to have Niagara beat SHU & Holy Cross upset both AIC AND RIT!?!?!?!?

I'm elated. Saturday night's win made my whole year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
2023 Atlantic Hockey Association Champion Canisius Golden Griffins.

Damn, that has a nice ring to it. That was a unbelievable experience. The building was sold out (1,805)...it was a fantastic atmosphere. The crowd was in it all night . . . and when Bowman scored that goal, PSE could have contracted out for a new roof.

This was my eighth season as the Griffs' public address announcer and music director. We've come close - Final Fours, even in the final a couple of years ago . . . but this was my first championship.

And to have the stars align to have the game here in Buffalo? I was elated to have one postseason series here . . . but then to have Niagara beat SHU & Holy Cross upset both AIC AND RIT!?!?!?!?

I'm elated. Saturday night's win made my whole year.

Saw your pic with the trophy, you look over the moon. :D

Are you traveling to Fargo for the game against Minny?

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Saw your pic with the trophy, you look over the moon. :D

Are you traveling to Fargo for the game against Minny?

I still am over the moon. I wish I could go to Fargo - too short notice & need to save my vacation time for my North C'lina trip in May. I may be hosting a watch party Thursday night . . . I'll find out more about that in the next day or two.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad