Garth Snow Pt. III - Snow’s inactivity

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
The same GM that our "Highly rated" prospect Devon Towes back to the minors over the current Norris Trophy contender Dennis Seidenberg is blaming his injury as a reason why we are strugging??

This is a year where the Metro division is ripe in Mediocrity with the Pens/Caps/Rags are all bloody awful and we could of run the gantlet if they were smart in the offseason. Instead, we get Erbele and call it a day.. lol

Sadly a few people who need press credentials will defend this guy.

Reactions: C24

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
"if we get in the playoffs, anything can happen".

It is a crime of nature that Snow is still employed.

Reactions: C24

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
If there is a single Snow supporter left after the interviews/quotes from him today, then you are straight up a moron who will never see the truth. The man is now proven to not only be incompetent but a flat out liar. If you go back to Newsday articles from last years draft he was quoted as saying he made the trade of Hamonic for futures to add to the current lineup and upgrade the NHL roster. He has not made a single move since then. Now he is saying he will not trade any of these draft picks because it does not make sense the position we are in. The reason we are in this position is because he did not do his job or what he promised. Now because he chooses to do nothing, he is blaming injuries on the reason we are a borderline playoff team? We were the worst defensive team in the league before we had a single injury.
Do you hear any other teams complaining about injuries, there are probably a dozen teams in the league with as many injuries as us. But even more importantly, this defense is awful at FULL STRENGTH. A defense built (and extended) by Garth Snow.
If the owners are buying this crap about doing nothing because it makes no sense and because injuries have made it a wasted season, they need to get their heads out of their asses. How in the world does John Tavares look at this GM and team and decide to stay. There will be no fans left by the time the new arena opens.
I honestly hope something happens to Garth Snow that he can no longer do the job. I am not the kind of person to ever wish ill will on a person, but I just cannot take it with this man anymore. Nobody this incompetent should continue to be able to live the stress free life with no accountability that this man has.

I will still be an Islanders fan when the new arena opens .Even if Tanner Fritz is the #1 center

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I will still be an Islanders fan when the new arena opens .Even if Tanner Fritz is the #1 center

Then you need to find other hobbies in your life. If you are that unconditionally attached to something that does nothing but steal money from our pockets and continues to employ a lying incompetent comatose GM, then there cant be many other things you enjoy in life.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Does anybody know if there is a mailing address for Ledecky/Malkin? If there is we should bombard them with professional, formal, yet blunt letters explaining if this man continues to be employed as GM by them behind the facade of every excuse a desperate person can come up with, they will no longer be receiving the support of us as fans.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Merged the inactivity thread and the firing one, re-labeled to a Garth Snow Pt. III. We just don't need that many threads that end up discussing the same exact thing.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
"if we get in the playoffs, anything can happen".

It is a crime of nature that Snow is still employed.

And this is the crux of everything wrong surrounding the Isles from ownership right down to the fans.

"IF we get in the playoffs..."

This is year TWLEVE (12) of the garth snow regime and so far the scorecard is:

Non-Playoffs 7
Playoffs 4

In a league where over 50% of the teams make the playoffs, garth snow has been on the wrong side of that fence more times than not. How in the world are the Islanders ever going to win a Cup when snow can't get a team to just a little bit above average?

"I know, but...Injuries, wang, the Lighthouse, the rebuild, Barclays, Ratner, Nino, just wait for the future, etc, etc, etc."

There are results and excuses, and for an ownership group and fanbase that claims all they want is accountability, there are way too many excuses made for snow.

Steve Yzerman already built a President's Trophy favorite, and is still trying to tweak his team to make an already Cup contender into more of a monster. On the other side of the fence, garth snow is trying to sell the fans on "anything can happen." Heck - George McPhee of all people took a team that didn't exist a year ago into the #2 team in the league.

Anyone, and that includes Ledecky and Malkin, who wants snow here even one more day are making the gap between the Isles and Cup contention grow wider and wider.

There are a million reasons to fire snow, but just needing a culture change around this stagnant franchise should be enough. Regardless if you really want to win a Cup then we're wasting time every moment snow is employed.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Does anybody know if there is a mailing address for Ledecky/Malkin? If there is we should bombard them with professional, formal, yet blunt letters explaining if this man continues to be employed as GM by them behind the facade of every excuse a desperate person can come up with, they will no longer be receiving the support of us as fans.

From Islanders fans? We'll be lucky if we can get enough people who don't capitalize every letter or who don't use "ur" or "lol" in a sentence.

Reactions: Eberzal

C24

Jan 25, 2018
From Islanders fans? We'll be lucky if we can get enough people who don't capitalize every letter or who don't use "ur" or "lol" in a sentence.
Good work on insulting the fan base. :thumbd:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

You're my hero. This is exactly what should happen and I've been thinking about doing this for a little while now.

I did a quick search and here's some addresses:

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/team/contact-us

My only concern is that snow intercepts all mail to keep all his owners at bay...

"Mr snow...Mr. Chiarelli is on line 2. Said something like Draisaitl for Nelson or something. You want me to patch him through?"

"Not now Grace...Tell him I'll call him later. Going through the mail..."

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Then you need to find other hobbies in your life. If you are that unconditionally attached to something that does nothing but steal money from our pockets and continues to employ a lying incompetent comatose GM, then there cant be many other things you enjoy in life.

A 45 year hobby as you call it, the Isles are part of me as a Long Islander. As recently as this past Saturday , we all put on our Isles jerseys and went to the Columbus game. Sect 17 row 4. It was a treat as we don't have Brooklyn season tickets . The row had 5 seats and we were 5. Between the tickets,food,candy,a couple beers for dad, and whatever the kids wanted combined with an exciting come from behind victory the islanders stole ( as you say) about $700 dollars from me and it was worth every penny. From the trip there to puck drop to the final horn I had no concerns about Garth Snow . It was all about the crest on the sweater. We cheered for Tanner Fritz as much as we did for JT.
As for you,if you are so obsessed with GS then you need to step away and find something to enjoy. My life is just fine. At the end of the day it's just a game. If they win or if they lose I am still on the 4:43 the next morning from Hicksville to Penn Station while you no doubt by your rant will forever be adding packets of ketchup and honey mustard to drive through window orders . Your personal attack was unwarranted . Don't worry we can still be friends .
LGI

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
A 45 year hobby as you call it, the Isles are part of me as a Long Islander. As recently as this past Saturday , we all put on our Isles jerseys and went to the Columbus game. Sect 17 row 4. It was a treat as we don't have Brooklyn season tickets . The row had 5 seats and we were 5. Between the tickets,food,candy,a couple beers for dad, and whatever the kids wanted combined with an exciting come from behind victory the islanders stole ( as you say) about $700 dollars from me and it was worth every penny. From the trip there to puck drop to the final horn I had no concerns about Garth Snow . It was all about the crest on the sweater. We cheered for Tanner Fritz as much as we did for JT.
As for you,if you are so obsessed with GS then you need to step away and find something to enjoy. My life is just fine. At the end of the day it's just a game. If they win or if they lose I am still on the 4:43 the next morning from Hicksville to Penn Station while you no doubt by your rant will forever be adding packets of ketchup and honey mustard to drive through window orders . Your personal attack was unwarranted . Don't worry we can still be friends .
LGI

Good for you. It is not an attack on you as a person, but the truth is it is fans like you that allow the Islanders to be the worst run organization possible with no standard or expectation of success and no accountability.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
And what is honestly just as bad is that all of these writers (Compton, Staple, Hermann/Albanese/Marcus) will not even come close to calling Snow out on it. This is not about editorializing as Staple always tried to use the excuse. Ask this man if it was because of injuries, why were we allowing the most goals in the NHL before a single guy got hurt? Ask him why he said he would use the return for Hamonic to upgrade the current team and has not made a single move since then? Ask him why when he saw this was a strong offensive team but needed to add a defenseman or two early in the season at which point we easily could have been in the mix for a top 2-3 spot in the conference, he instead did nothing? These are not opinions, these are legit questions that should be asked of this man.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
And what is honestly just as bad is that all of these writers (Compton, Staple, Hermann/Albanese/Marcus) will not even come close to calling Snow out on it. This is not about editorializing as Staple always tried to use the excuse. Ask this man if it was because of injuries, why were we allowing the most goals in the NHL before a single guy got hurt? Ask him why he said he would use the return for Hamonic to upgrade the current team and has not made a single move since then? Ask him why when he saw this was a strong offensive team but needed to add a defenseman or two early in the season at which point we easily could have been in the mix for a top 2-3 spot in the conference, he instead did nothing? These are not opinions, these are legit questions that should be asked of this man.
Compton has called Snow out multiple times on his podcast.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Good for you. It is not an attack on you as a person, but the truth is it is fans like you that allow the Islanders to be the worst run organization possible with no standard or expectation of success and no accountability.

I affect how the org is run ? I don't allow them to be the worst run org. I had an expectation of success Saturday and we won .I will have an expectation each time we play. I cheered hard for JT when he was in the corner by us . We all let him know he has to stay . Are you suggesting I don't support the team as a fan? has there ever been a game where nobody goes ? How can you be this passionate about the Isles but not support them? The football Raiders moved a few times around California . From Oakland to L.A then back to Oakland . Are they in San Diego now ? I don't even know for sure., were a horribly run team for years and years , yet have always had passionate fans. Look at the Mets in NY.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I’d say the mostly empty seats for the last 25 years speak louder than your complaints on this board.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I affect how the org is run ? I don't allow them to be the worst run org. I had an expectation of success Saturday and we won .I will have an expectation each time we play. I cheered hard for JT when he was in the corner by us . We all let him know he has to stay . Are you suggesting I don't support the team as a fan? has there ever been a game where nobody goes ? How can you be this passionate about the Isles but not support them? The football Raiders moved a few times around California . From Oakland to L.A then back to Oakland . Are they in San Diego now ? I don't even know for sure., were a horribly run team for years and years , yet have always had passionate fans. Look at the Mets in NY.

I am saying that if fans continue to pay money for tickets, food, merchandise regardless of the on ice product or the refusal to dismiss a GM that is at his best comatose and at his worst a delusional failure, then why would the owners ever care about making changes. I am not even so much criticizing you for going to the games. My main problem is you saying I will support the organization if Tanner Fritz is the #1 center? Do you not see you are being duped and played for a fool?

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I’d say the mostly empty seats for the last 25 years speak louder than your complaints on this board.

That was under owners who truly dont care. These owners may not care about winning a cup as much as they say they do, but I bet you they do not want to be embarrassed with an empty brand new stadium. When you have fans that say I will go to the games and be just as excited and support them whether JT is the #1 center or Tanner Fritz, do you not see why there would be no reason for an owner to step out of his comfort zone and make difficult decisions. (Although I have no idea how firing an incompetent clown like Garth Snow could be a difficult decision for any businessman).

Reactions: periferal

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Compton has called Snow out multiple times on his podcast.

Calling out someone on a podcast is worthless. That is the same as us saying we call out Snow on a message board. Compton has access to Snow through his rights as a member of the press, why are these guys scared to ask this fool real questions. They just listen to him dictate from his pulpit and write about it. Being a reporter should involve asking the tough questions and getting answers.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Then he says, "no comment" and refuses to answer any questions from them. Great way to lose your job. It's just not a beat writers job to ask those questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad