GDT: Game #XII | Seattle Kraken vs Pittsburgh Penguins | 11/5/22 7:00 PM EST | The Beast Has Come East

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
At this point, if we lose, I will place 110% of the blame on the mere fact we ran Crosby-Rust and Zuck-Malkin-Rakell and not Malkin-Rust and Crosby-Rakell.

I don't care if we lose 12-10 and each of the top lines scores 5.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Kap hatty confirmed

That seems kinda how he rolls. Buncha less-than-nothing for like ten straight games then a rando big night that gets everyone excited then back to inexplicably pulling up every possession and chucking a pass to absolutely nobody.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
At this point, if we lose, I will place 110% of the blame on the mere fact we ran Crosby-Rust and Zuck-Malkin-Rakell and not Malkin-Rust and Crosby-Rakell.

I don't care if we lose 12-10 and each of the top lines scores 5.
Sullivan's obsession with putting Rust on the Crosby line bothers me more than any of his other lineup decisions because it's literally the one that's so easy to fix but he refuses to.

Rakell/Crosby works. Rust/Geno works. Yet Sullivan pulls the plug on it the very second those combos have a weak game or two. In contrast. he'll keep Rust/Crosby for the next 50 games even if it looks like ass.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Good news: I don’t think we’ll blow a lead in this game

Bad news: we won’t ever have a lead because Martin Jones is our own goalie bugaboo…lol

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Looks like our illustrious local media is wrong again!

That's a bit of a cop out on Jagsy's part. We hadn't signed Steve Sullivan or Tyler Kennedy at that point and Guerin had retired. So technically 1RW and 2RW were open as Duper wasn't the defacto 1RW at that time.

Revisionist history at best. And I LOVE Jagr.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

Looks like our illustrious local media is wrong again!

I love that Mario was just as ticked as the fans that he signed with the Flyers.

I feel like there is something to what he’s saying. If I remember correctly Shero prioritized getting Tyler Kennedy back over signing Jagr. Was so long ago but I feel like that was at least a rumor.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Considering Bylsma was coach at the time, probably not.
Jarda barely tolerated playing second fiddle to Mario. You think he wanted to share a locker room with Sid and Geno? :laugh: The real problem with that team was that the big 2 weren't going to defer to him.

That's a bit of a cop out on Jagsy's part. We hadn't signed Steve Sullivan or Tyler Kennedy at that point and Guerin had retired. So technically 1RW and 2RW were open as Duper wasn't the defacto 1RW at that time.

Revisionist history at best. And I LOVE Jagr.
Like I said, this is what Jágr has been saying for years to the Czech press (iDnes is a Czech tabloid). And every time I point it out, I get insane PMs by weird Jágr fans about how I'm slandering their hero. :laugh: The real yinzer generation gap is the MAF vs Jágr one, I think.

I love that Mario was just as ticked as the fans that he signed with the Flyers.

I feel like there is something to what he’s saying. If I remember correctly Shero prioritized getting Tyler Kennedy back over signing Jagr. Was so long ago but I feel like that was at least a rumor.
I think the Kennedy thing came out later. I don't remember if it was the actual reason or not, though I do remember Jarda being open in the Czech press about wanting guaranteed 1st line time and building the system around himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad