Fire Briere

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
do you suspect you won't post again until your 5-10 year tenure proves out your professional career predictions in this draft? the crapshoot as you put it?

or will you grace us with your thoughts before that?
I mean, what else am I going to do about it? My expectations can only go up, they are at rock bottom. Sometimes bad decisions are made in life or it throws you a rotten egg. Getting bent out of shape does nothing. This is just a game anyway. If I’m that upset with the Flyers I’ll walk away. My life won’t change that much if I stopped watching the Flyers or sports. I find it’s best to maintain as optimistic an outlook in life as possible. Being pessimistic, cynical, and bitter doesn’t help me at all

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I think the problem at some point hes gotta shit or get off the pot and make some big swing trades to get this team talent. So far, it seems like they just wanna keep everyone and add the few prospects they have which isnt enough.

I can appreciate his patience and not wanting to make a bad move... but if youre not gonna tank, you gotta be aggressive else where.

Maybe next years draft is the big one. Or maybe he uses those picks for a big move.

Until then im skeptical. Michkov isnt enough to get me excited.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
YOu would think more 2025 picks are on the way too.
Laughton, Konecky Bee certainly could go for 25 picks as well.
IF IF IF flyers pick well it could make sense for a long term plan.

Its just seeing pick 12 screwed up that makes you want to throw things against the wall.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I think the problem at some point hes gotta shit or get off the pot and make some big swing trades to get this team talent. So far, it seems like they just wanna keep everyone and add the few prospects they have which isnt enough.

I can appreciate his patience and not wanting to make a bad move... but if youre not gonna tank, you gotta be aggressive else where.

Maybe next years draft is the big one. Or maybe he uses those picks for a big move.

Until then im skeptical. Michkov isnt enough to get me excited.
not wanting to make a bad move ? umm like what just happened at 12OA ...

Reactions: Amorgus

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Reactions: Curufinwe

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I can’t recall a trade where a team traded a current year first for a next year first and didn’t receive a premium for it though. Losing around the edges, constantly
If this pick is 25 last year we moved up 7 spots in a draft that is apparently better.

It’s actual a creative type risk for pick 32. Its not pick 12, 21, or even 28. This is a risk worth taking if I’m the Flyers

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki
He did not draft best available player because he is not tall enough? We are talking what 1 inch difference? Briere who is 5'8 actually said that?

what kind of reason is this?

We are trying to draft and rebuuild and we do this?
If York, Drysdale and Andrae were actual cornerstone pieces, one could easily see the reasoning here. Too bad York is a 3 year pro channeling Provorov in primary assists every chance he gets, Drysdale going 4 years with injuries still trying to find his footing as an nhl regular and Andrae with one okish season in the AHL and still very much irrelevant.

Reactions: Fire Tortorella

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
My biggest thing for me last night was. Man they are going to move up tonight and get a truly great prospect. They couldn't do it, that's forgiveable. But the draft fell in a way that they had a chance to secure a great prospect anyway, and instead passed on him for future 3rd. Even then ok they really want a forward, I don't agree with not going BPA but ok, Helenius is there, Eiserman is there... No we go off the board. ESPN doesn't even have a highlight package for him and the first things out of the commentators mouth is that he won't WOW you. Like what a bust. Thought there would be a chance at Demidov going into the night. Buium falls into your lap and I'm excited as hell. Then the trade and it's like ok one spot he must really like Konsta or Cole. Nope. f*** me. It feels like disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad