GDT: Game #XII | Seattle Kraken vs Pittsburgh Penguins | 11/5/22 7:00 PM EST | The Beast Has Come East

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Blue is the glue. He's going to spark the pk which will have the subtle effect of us giving up slightly less goals which will give our goaltending confidence which in turn gives our offense confidence and then our pp will start clicking and we'll rattle off 10 wins in a row.
Sorry Maverick, Goose is dead.

Reactions: Pancakes

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The lineup the Penguins used in practice today is not cap compliant. If the Penguins activate Blueger, they either have to LTIR Jeff Carter or they have to send down Poulin and DOC.

If Guentzel is still sick and the Penguins do not put Carter on LTIR, they might have to play with 11 forwards and 7 defensemen against Seattle.

Reactions: Andy99

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Wait, this f***ing game isn't even tonight?! Barf
Lol right?
I give it like a period, period and a half usually and watch the condensed 60 min. game the next day. :laugh:
Hey NHL is pretty good about getting out done within a few hours...
The lineup the Penguins used in practice today is not cap compliant. If the Penguins activate Blueger, they either have to LTIR Jeff Carter or they have to send down Poulin and DOC.

If Guentzel is still sick and the Penguins do not put Carter on LTIR, they might have to play with 11 forwards and 7 defensemen against Seattle.
Lol... What a bunch of f***ing STUPID cap decisions they made over the summer. Like, why Archy? Why? Why didn't they jettison Kapanen? Lol.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think it’s pretty clear that the way Sullivan wanted Marino to play did not fit his game or skills…hence the reason the first season when he was still learning, he played great, and then like shit after that…this happens quite a bit to players who come here…indictment of the coaching staff, or a mismatch between what coaching staff and what players are obtained…

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think it’s pretty clear that the way Sullivan wanted Marino to play did not fit his game or skills…hence the reason the first season when he was still learning, he played great, and then like shit after that…this happens quite a bit to players who come here…indictment of the coaching staff, or a mismatch between what coaching staff and what players are obtained…

Them consistently forcing Matheson - Marino was odd.

Although I’m curious to see how Marino looks as the season progresses is Jersey and the Jersey team in general. Easy to play their style right now when nobody gives a shit.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I’m honesty unsure what people expected of him. He’s a bigger bodied Matheson that can eat more minutes.

It’s obvious the moves of Marino and Matheson were about getting bigger and relieving long term cap commitments.
We also needed to revamp the D. We have still yet to see Smith beyond a couple pre season games. Next step should be letting Dumo walk or trade him in a deal for a bigger fish.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yeah it's not like you can't get average goaltending for $3-4 million on the open market. You need to pay $6+ million to keep average goaltending around.
Jarry hasn’t proven he’s even average in the playoffs.

I think the most pressing may be why did they trade Matheson for an older, more expensive, and worse version of himself?
It’s almost like our GM completely botched this past off season. Although, some posters still can’t see it.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
We also needed to revamp the D. We have still yet to see Smith beyond a couple pre season games. Next step should be letting Dumo walk or trade him in a deal for a bigger fish.
We needed to revamp the D for the better, not make changes just to make changes that resulted in a worse overall defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad