GDT: Game #XII | Seattle Kraken vs Pittsburgh Penguins | 11/5/22 7:00 PM EST | The Beast Has Come East

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
me, after seeing L1 give up a 5 on none for the second time that shift:

b8Vkr98.gif

Reactions: Pens x

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I watched the Generation X Pens. What can this team even do to me? I know pain baby. I know it. I've been there.

Kasperi Kapanen is the new Rico Fata.

Yeah but that was a different kind of bad. That was just like... "what the f*** can we even do" bad. That was "they are literally trading guys for straight cash to keep the lights on" bad. This... this is just pathetic.

I give it like a period, period and a half usually and watch the condensed 60 min. game the next day. :laugh:

After the last game I've relegated them to "check the boxscore on the truly horrific NHL site every half hour-ish" status. I got way more fun stuff to do than all that. Like fold socks. Do laundry. Prepare my taxes in advance. Organize my junk drawer. Watch some grass grow.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

yeah, and no mention of the big elephant in the room: you know our goaltenders are free to stop a high danger shot once in awhile…Jarry has like a .657 high danger shot save %…woof

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think the best solution is to not think about it too much and just sign Jarry to a nice reasonable 6M cap hit at term. It's not like they have a choice. Tristan Jarry is all there is.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think the best solution is to not think about it too much and just sign Jarry to a nice reasonable 6M cap hit at term. It's not like they have a choice. Tristan Jarry is all there is.
I’ll take Lindberg on his ELC contract, thanks….

Reactions: Pens x

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Yeah it's not like you can't get average goaltending for $3-4 million on the open market. You need to pay $6+ million to keep average goaltending around.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Good news is that if we miss the playoffs, we are guaranteed Bedard from Uncle Gary. Imagine the picture of Lemieux to Crosby to Bedard torch passing. Would continue to be magical in small market Pittsburgh.

Jarda barely tolerated playing second fiddle to Mario. You think he wanted to share a locker room with Sid and Geno? :laugh: The real problem with that team was that the big 2 weren't going to defer to him.

Like I said, this is what Jágr has been saying for years to the Czech press (iDnes is a Czech tabloid). And every time I point it out, I get insane PMs by weird Jágr fans about how I'm slandering their hero. :laugh: The real yinzer generation gap is the MAF vs Jágr one, I think.

I think the Kennedy thing came out later. I don't remember if it was the actual reason or not, though I do remember Jarda being open in the Czech press about wanting guaranteed 1st line time and building the system around himself.
I mean, he says that but I remember #JagrWatch2011 well. I recall him saying something about wanting a right handed center so that they could get him the puck.

In any case...what a travesty it was for him not to come home.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Good news is that if we miss the playoffs, we are guaranteed Bedard from Uncle Gary. Imagine the picture of Lemieux to Crosby to Bedard torch passing. Would continue to be magical in small market Pittsburgh.

The thought of this and the absolute deluge of hate and tears from the rest of the league's fans is the only thing keeping me going in regards to this team right the moment.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Good on you guys for dreaming big re: Bedard, as if this team's not gonna squeak into the playoffs as the 2nd wildcard and get clobbered by the Bruins or Canes or something.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah it's not like you can't get average goaltending for $3-4 million on the open market. You need to pay $6+ million to keep average goaltending around.
Jarry’s not giving average goaltending rn…he’s a below average starter and doesn’t deserve $6+ M….also, that’s not average goaltending money…only the top 10 goalies are getting that kind of money

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Jarry’s not giving average goaltending rn…he’s a below average starter and doesn’t deserve $6+ M….also, that’s not average goaltending money…only the top 10 goalies are getting that kind of money

The 7M some people were eager to give Jarry would be the second highest paid player on this team and the 4th most league-wide. GMs don't pay goaltenders for good reason.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
You can feel safe in your Jarry, Zucker and Dumoulin jerseys that I know you've all got sitting in your cart ready to order for Christmas. They'll all be here for a long time.

FSLu4OAUUAADPxq

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Ooof welcome back blue. You get an empty sweater on your right wing.
Blue is the glue. He's going to spark the pk which will have the subtle effect of us giving up slightly less goals which will give our goaltending confidence which in turn gives our offense confidence and then our pp will start clicking and we'll rattle off 10 wins in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad