GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do the Avs trade #24 or Make a selection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't get why Edmonton makes this trade.

If your in it to win it now, you keep that 1st for a deadline acquisition. Now you don't have a 1st, 2nd, 4th, or 5th next year.
Yeah terrible move by Edmonton. Makes no sense to move up, give up valuable trade deadline assets, for a guy 2-3 years out when you are in win now mode. Strange at best.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
As the trade thread is closer, I'll post this here:

JBB offered Stamkos 3M x 8yrs. That's.. low. Stammer looks for 4-5M per annually. Doesn't sound too bad of an ask.
JBB just gave him the same total amount of money as Stammer was asking for. Guessing Stammer was asking for a deal that gave him ~20mil but JBB just spread it out over 8 years instead of 3-5 years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
As the trade thread is closer, I'll post this here:

JBB offered Stamkos 3M x 8yrs. That's.. low. Stammer looks for 4-5M per annually. Doesn't sound too bad of an ask.
Stammer wanted 5x7 or 4x8. The shorter term options were more of an ask and Tampa can’t get Sergachev moved.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Late to the party, had to work, but I'm quite happy with this trade. All the guys I really wanted were already gone, might as well get a two-for-one in the top 75 this year plus some trade deadline ammo for next year.

And hey, Freij is still on the board, maybe we can snag him early in the 2nd for a steal.

EDIT: Also, holy shit Edmonton ended up with pick #32? Delicious.

Reactions: Alienblood

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Late to the party, had to work, but I'm quite happy with this trade. All the guys I really wanted were already gone, might as well get a two-for-one in the top 75 this year plus some trade deadline ammo for next year.

And hey, Freij is still on the board, maybe we can snag him early in the 2nd for a steal.

EDIT: Also, holy shit Edmonton ended up with pick #32? Delicious.
Freij is who initially was hoping for and also interested in Stiga

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I guess that Hage or Solberg were their picks and did not have the assets to trade up due to trading them for TDL players, so they traded back. I would bet it was Hage, seems like a perfect Avs player.

Also, mega LOL to the Oilers hiring Pracey as Head Scout. Yikes.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So I guess that Hage or Solberg were their picks and did not have the assets to trade up due to trading them for TDL players, so they traded back. I would bet it was Hage, seems like a perfect Avs player.

I’ve heard both Eiserman and TMV here said Surin. I can believe both were high on their list and once they both went they decided the rest of their list maybe wasn’t “1st round grade” [shrug]

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

Surin according to Mars

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I’ve heard both Eiserman and TMV here said Surin. I can believe both were high on their list and once they both went they decided the rest of their list maybe wasn’t “1st round grade” [shrug]
That would be really interesting if it was Surin, I haven't watched any of the Russian prospects so it is a bit shocking for me if Avs considers a Russian with their first-round pick. Obviously, they saw something because Nashville is a smooth drafting team.

Do we know if Wade is in charge of this draft? It seems a young stud has been next to MacFarland.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Seriously Pracey is f***ing atrocious. Complete lol.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
CMacs presser tonight makes me significantly less confident we actually keep Drouin.

What we have is what we've got most likely. Fill out the rest of the lineup with $1M or less deals and try and load up again at the deadline I'd guess.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
CMacs presser tonight makes me significantly less confident we actually keep Drouin.

What we have is what we've got most likely. Fill out the rest of the lineup with $1M or less deals and try and load up again at the deadline I'd guess.
Opposite for me. CMac specifically mentioned NMC and NTC and how they restrict what can be done. I think that was a snot too subtle nod to moving Colton in the next two days. And that will be done to get Drouin signed.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days.

They have 8 picks in the draft, I’m not sure they make all of those. Combined with the smoke around Colton, it feels like a deal may be brewing.

I also think it’s really hard to make plans without knowing what they’re doing with Nichushkin. I assume they are planning on having Landeskog back, but do they know what they’re doing with Nichushkin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad