Post-Game Talk: Game VI Pens loss to Stars: Our Stars can’t dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Everything they do makes them look their age.

The 4th line is Adams-Vitale-Glass level of worthlessness. Every single one of them.

The 3rd line appeared to be taking more initiative in the offensive zone which was nice to see.

PP sucks. Way too much passing with little organization.
Father time is undefeated.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Honestly, I cannot understand how anybody could be vehemently against moving Jake or firing Sullivan at this point. Jake's a nothingmancer if Sid's not tearing ass around the ice, and he's the one (1) single asset that's movable. As for Sully, I expect him to be here longer than Sid, but I'll keep banging the "fire that loser" drum like I have for years at this point.

This team's been beyond mid-season trades and tweaks at the TDL or in FA for several years. The supporting cast isn't good enough for a core group of 36 year olds who need more, consistent help.
At this point I'll take any kind of change and I've been one of the proponents of keeping Jake.

But im tired of watching this mess. Do whatever with it except for trading Sid/Geno/Letang (unless they ask out)

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If we suck badly enough we'll keep the 2024 first and then there will be a ton of trades that get us even more picks at the deadline. Losing the 2025 first at that point would suck ass but what are ya gonna do.

And since we already suck it's not like a new coach is likely to make things much worse....might even see a new coach bump enough to get a mediocre pick instead of a lottery one lol
Imagine Pens winning the 2025 lottery and it going to San Jose...woof.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The whole sequence where Letang came out of the box, played as a forward, it was a cluster, sorta stayed on for a line change...then it was a cluster, then Ned left his net by 40 feet...

Emblematic.
If Letang is cooked and Graves is bad, what chance do we realistically have?

Yeah fire Sully. Whatever.
But it's time to start tearing this thing down. EK can be flipped, easily. Jake. Petts. Rakell.
This team is going to be bottoming out this year one way or another.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I genuinely think we could have a losing streak of 10, out of the playoffs by December/January, then miss the playoffs before they consider it in the Summer.

Mid season I think it would seriously take a 15-20 game losing streak.

If it begins to effect ticket sales, significantly, then I think FSG will begin to take notice

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Positives:
Love what I'm seeing from Geno. His legs are moving. He's seeing the ice well. Using his linemates well. Backchecking. Forechecking. He's a beast
Eller, Acciari, O'Connor look good. Creating lots of chances out there. We need a 3rd line that can do this.
I thought Shea had a good game. Ludvig was looking good, too, until the hit :(
This was a weak game form Karlsson but I still love his vision and things he's able to do out there.
Other than that cluster-eff of a 3rd goal, Ned made some good stops today.
I thought Guentzel was very noticeable tonight.

Negatives:
PP. They generated a ton of good chances tonight but the result was still a goose egg.
Crosby. He looked good at times, but not a 60-minute effort from the captain.
Team defense. Just bad. Turnovers everywhere.

2-4 to start the season is horrific, and we have Colorado in town on Thursday. How bad does it need to get for the GM to axe the coach?
We beat the CAPs though, amirite?

Team only has wins against flames and the worst team in hockey.

Reactions: farscape1

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
In fairness to the bottom 6, which is trash-

Smith (5M) and Rakell (5M) make as much as the entire bottom 6 combined. And they have pretty much been nonfactors offensively (called that long ago with Smith). Dubas jumped the gun getting Smith for free. His test will be getting value out of him to bring in the banger we needed in the first place (Kunitz type).

I'd hate to give up on Rakell based on his successes with both Sid and Geno..but man even when he shoots it never feels like the puck is gonna go in. Still, I'd move on from Smith a hell of a lot faster if we're shipping out some of our top 6. Dude should get about another dozen games to show a pulse here.

Reactions: farscape1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad