Post-Game Talk: Game VI Pens loss to Stars: Our Stars can’t dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I honestly think they'd let him miss the playoff in poor fashion this year. They haven't even got into his extension yet. I just can't see them doing the right thing and eating the bill.

If this was the old owners I'd agree, but I'm not sure I agree with this now that FSG owns the team. I don't think they'd have any sort of issues with also paying Sullivan to not coach, they're already paying like 7 NHL salaries in the AHL to begin with.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Honestly, I cannot understand how anybody could be vehemently against moving Jake or firing Sullivan at this point. Jake's a nothingmancer if Sid's not tearing ass around the ice, and he's the one (1) single asset that's movable. As for Sully, I expect him to be here longer than Sid, but I'll keep banging the "fire that loser" drum like I have for years at this point.

This team's been beyond mid-season trades and tweaks at the TDL or in FA for several years. The supporting cast isn't good enough for a core group of 36 year olds who need more, consistent help.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I sure hope they are not moping due to Ludvig, as much as that really sucks to witness. God speed.

But their 2nd periods are atrocious. Having to always dig out of holes they create of their own accord always playing uphill battles.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
If this was the old owners I'd agree, but I'm not sure I agree with this now that FSG owns the team. I don't think they'd have any sort of issues with also paying Sullivan to not coach, they're already paying like 7 NHL salaries in the AHL to begin with.
It's not so much the money I agree. But FSG gushed on Sully. Are they really gonna turn around and stomp him out?

That'd mean they are willing to swallow their pride and say "oops, ya he's not working out".

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Positives:
Love what I'm seeing from Geno. His legs are moving. He's seeing the ice well. Using his linemates well. Backchecking. Forechecking. He's a beast
Eller, Acciari, O'Connor look good. Creating lots of chances out there. We need a 3rd line that can do this.
I thought Shea had a good game. Ludvig was looking good, too, until the hit :(
This was a weak game form Karlsson but I still love his vision and things he's able to do out there.
Other than that cluster-eff of a 3rd goal, Ned made some good stops today.
I thought Guentzel was very noticeable tonight.

Negatives:
PP. They generated a ton of good chances tonight but the result was still a goose egg.
Crosby. He looked good at times, but not a 60-minute effort from the captain.
Team defense. Just bad. Turnovers everywhere.

2-4 to start the season is horrific, and we have Colorado in town on Thursday. How bad does it need to get for the GM to axe the coach?
11 more games....When the Steelers finish with a better 17 game record than the Pens.

Start handing out pink slips and signing waivers.

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Team is a joke and is going nowhere fast.

The only reason they went out and got EK this summer IMO, was to add another “big name” so that our funeral home bandwagoners at PPG would be dumb/happy enough to keep filling seats. Totally oblivious to how bad we really are these days.

Like putting a shiny bandaid over cancer.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If we suck now we will lose either our 1st in 2024 or unprotected 2025 1st.
If we suck badly enough we'll keep the 2024 first and then there will be a ton of trades that get us even more picks at the deadline. Losing the 2025 first at that point would suck ass but what are ya gonna do.

And since we already suck it's not like a new coach is likely to make things much worse....might even see a new coach bump enough to get a mediocre pick instead of a lottery one lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's not so much the money I agree. But FSG gushed on Sully. Are they really gonna turn around and stomp him out?

That'd mean they are willing to swallow their pride and say "oops, ya he's not working out".

Yeah that's definitely valid, I was just talking from a money POV. I don't think Sullivan's extension would prevent them from firing him, that's all I meant.

Whether they'd actually fire him is a completely separate discussion.

Reactions: Flying Dego

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
As unspeakable as this is....

I think they fire Sullivan before they trade Jake.

Yeah but they kind of go hand in hand don't they? To get to the point where they throw in the towel and trade Jake, that would be near rock bottom and 100% Sullivan isn't here.

Trade Jake for a truckload and tell him to come back next year if a team doesn't demand an extension.

Reactions: farscape1

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Positives:
Love what I'm seeing from Geno. His legs are moving. He's seeing the ice well. Using his linemates well. Backchecking. Forechecking. He's a beast
Eller, Acciari, O'Connor look good. Creating lots of chances out there. We need a 3rd line that can do this.
I thought Shea had a good game. Ludvig was looking good, too, until the hit :(
This was a weak game form Karlsson but I still love his vision and things he's able to do out there.
Other than that cluster-eff of a 3rd goal, Ned made some good stops today.
I thought Guentzel was very noticeable tonight.

Negatives:
PP. They generated a ton of good chances tonight but the result was still a goose egg.
Crosby. He looked good at times, but not a 60-minute effort from the captain.
Team defense. Just bad. Turnovers everywhere.

2-4 to start the season is horrific, and we have Colorado in town on Thursday. How bad does it need to get for the GM to axe the coach?
They lose the next three games at home. The boy wonder would have no choice but to fire Sullivan.

Reactions: farscape1

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
They are a winning org, so if Sullivan does not get them wins I am sure they would be fine getting someone who can potentially get them the wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad