TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Apart from "people like dogs", what exactly have the wolves done to merit being bothered when they die?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Bran and Meera will flee, and Benjen will appear -- in whatever form -- to defend them!

Dunno that Hodor will be raised as a wight. Guess it depends on how much power it takes to raise him. Maybe they only do that when there are a lot of dead that can be raised all at once??

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Brienne + Tormund is great humour, but that's pretty much it. How is that a factor?

I never complained about the production value.

The story could be much better but I did like how they quickly eliminated the Martell family thus quashing the significance of the Dorne plot.

You still haven't told me in what ways season 6 is the same kind of mess that season 5 was.

Just saying "everything else sucks" and "it could be better" is not a substantive answer to my question.

It was literally the first scene of the show/books. They weren't just gonna be some legend from the past forever.

Don't be that book fan that everyone hates.

Oh no dude, they were supposed to just let the white walkers die out off screen without having them ever become a threat.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Season 1-4 were in no way perfection. This is an amazing show, one of the all time greats, but every season has had weaknesses.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Don't be that book fan that everyone hates.

They hate on every season

I have legitimate gripes with S5 as does everybody, and it seems like I am in the minority with S6. This show is ending in 1-2 seasons, of course everything is going to get amped up. That doesn't excuse the quality.

Euron Greyjoy looks like cherry old aussie Santa Claus leading his band of sea bums..
"Ehh m8s we look like a sorry lot but we can totally build 1000 ships and wed the dragon queen."

Even less credible than Salladhor Saan :laugh:

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Bran and Meera will flee, and Benjen will appear -- in whatever form -- to defend them!

Dunno that Hodor will be raised as a wight. Guess it depends on how much power it takes to raise him. Maybe they only do that when there are a lot of dead that can be raised all at once??

Anyone that dies north of the Wall is reanimated from what we've seen, right? The Night's Watch rangers that they find were reanimated in Castle Black in season 2.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I have legitimate gripes with S5 as does everybody, and it seems like I am in the minority with S6. This show is ending in 1-2 seasons, of course everything is going to get amped up. That doesn't excuse the quality.

Euron Greyjoy looks like cherry old aussie Santa Claus leading his band of sea bums..
"Ehh m8s we look like a sorry lot but we can totally build 1000 ships and wed the dragon queen."

Oh my there's a cocky Iron Islander with delusions of grandeur making grand plans that are unrealistic? Boy we haven't seen that before in one of the perfect seasons.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Oh my there's a cocky Iron Islander with delusions of grandeur making grand plans that are unrealistic? Boy we haven't seen that before in one of the perfect seasons.

It wasn't unrealistic until I saw it last night

and the show definitely did not intend that scene to be as humorous as it was lol

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

I mean, S6 is definitely not above criticism. I was in the minority last week and the consensus on the premiere was that it wasn't that good. But there's an equal consensus the opposite way for this episode and 2 and 3. Yeah there are some things that aren't quite as good (Euron) or don't work at all (Dorne), but critiquing here and there is different than

Hutton said:
I'm with you also. Flashback of The Walking Dead in sloppy writing throughout the whole episode..

then Hodor. That was the only redeeming scene of this whole season. #1 death scene in the series because of that origin story

That's just being hyperbolic.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It wasn't unrealistic until I saw it last night

and the show definitely did not intend that scene to be as humorous as it was lol

You do realize though that all four of Euron, Balon, Yara, and Theon have made cocky and grand proclamations of big plans that were unrealistic right?

And its not like Euron expects to have 1000 ships overnight. That's just the big Iron Island project he's tasked them with now

You still haven't explained why season 6 is as much of a mess as 5. One plot point you didn't like is not enough to establish a direct link.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Okay, that indicates the episode wasn't perfect.

Are you indicating the episode was terrible? Just bad? Mediocre? Only somewhat good? Pretty good but not great?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Hodor death + origin is one of the most well done scene in the whole series.

Did anything else come close this episode or this season?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Okay, that indicates the episode wasn't perfect.

Are you indicating the episode was terrible? Just bad? Mediocre? Only somewhat good? Pretty good but not great?

Without the Hodor scene this episode is mediocre.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hodor death + origin is one of the most well done scene in the whole series.

Did anything else come close this episode or this season?

Every moment has to be one of the most well done scenes in the series for a season to be good? Wow.

And yes. Sansa and Jon being reunited.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
You do realize though that all four of Euron, Balon, Yara, and Theon have made cocky and grand proclamations of big plans that were unrealistic right?

And its not like Euron expects to have 1000 ships overnight. That's just the big Iron Island project he's tasked them with now

You still haven't explained why season 6 is as much of a mess as 5. One plot point you didn't like is not enough to establish a direct link.

It was how the scene was shot and structured (it is a tv show and that matters). You have this grand proclamation and the very next moment he tells them to go back to their homes and build him a thousand ships

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Without the Hodor scene this episode is mediocre.

Okay, but the Hodor scene exists.

You can't take out the good of an episode and rate it based on what is left. Same the other way around.

"A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good."

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Every moment has to be one of the most well done scenes in the series for a season to be good? Wow.

And yes. Sansa and Jon being reunited.

I never said that.

Great scene, but how can that be screwed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad