TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Time travel is always full of paradox and needs to be taken with a grain of salt...

My take on it is that Willys had to become Hodor at that point or else future Hodor may have never come to team up with Bran.

Yeah, it's clear it had to be done, i just wish it was a bit clearer why. In the end, the entitled ******* one-percenter can't help but screw the working man. ;)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
As she runs back into the cave after seeing the army of the dead outside, there's like five spears against the wall, and she picks one up.

Pretty sure she picked up a sword which she used inside moments later.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Also it's not unreasonable for Children of the Forrest to have dragon glass. After all they used it to create the White Walker.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Would be funny if they never showed the Dorne story ever again.

They just stopped after the deaths of the King and Prince, by the sand snakes, and were just like 'why bother':dunno:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Would be funny if they never showed the Dorne story ever again.

They just stopped after the deaths of the King and Prince, by the sand snakes, and were just like 'why bother':dunno:

Well, I hope they just kill off Arya so we can be done with The House of Dull and Boring.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Conspiracy theories are going to be rampant now that we know Bran(and probably the Raven(s) before him) can affect the past.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well, I hope they just kill off Arya so we can be done with The House of Dull and Boring.

Or maybe instead of killing off characters when their storylines get tedious, they can move them on to the relevance they'll have to the plot that they're clearly being saved for (E.G. the Greyjoys)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
agreed. but of course she's going to prob come back to westeros by the end of the year.

But why is the only option killing off the character when their story gets boring? I'm sure at some point with that logic we could've killed off Jon Snow in season 1.

It's like, is their potential to become interesting or relevant completely negated when a certain storyline gets dull? Just kill them off because they have no future? Like what?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I was actually going to throw my idea out there along these lines when I caught up with this thread.

Bran is now marked by the NK
NK can find him anywhere now and magic is broken because of this
Bran and Meera have no crew and nowhere to go and are pretty much defensless
The obvious choice to me would be for them to head back to Westeros where they can try to find siblings/people/something that hopefully isn't going to try to kill them

Brandon Stark son Of Ned "Winter Is Coming" Stark is the catalyst for winter coming

That'd also bring things full circle pretty nicely (if that's the word you'd use, haha). Bran the builder in instrumental in the creation of the wall, and Bran Stark is instrumental in dooming it.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
With Bran affecting past events to create present day as we see them. I'm wondering if he's the reason Dany and Viserys escaped.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
So looks like Marg is doing the penance walk next episode, but the soldiers are at the bottom of the steps so it would seem like they will agree to let her do it to get her out in the open where they can attack the sparrows and rescue her at the same time

Maybe Cersei tries to have her murdered by zombie mountain in the fracas

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
You don't think Bran warging into Hodor while in the past Hodored Hodor?
Of course it did. That doesn't mean the past was changed. That was always "the past". In other words, it did not construct an alternative timeline. Our story still has one consistent timeline that is not affected by the ability to go into the past and alter past events.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Of course it did. That doesn't mean the past was changed. That was always "the past". In other words, it did not construct an alternative timeline. Our story still has one consistent timeline that is not affected by the ability to go into the past and alter past events.

I didn't say he could change the past. I said he could affect it.

I'm meaning there's going to be tons of theories about Bran being behind things that happened in the past. For example, there's a theory that Bran is behind the Mad King's "burn them all" over on reddit. There's another that Bran was the boar that killed Robert haha.

I'm talking about stuff like that. I'm not saying Bran is going to go back in time, save the Starks and live happily ever after.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom

That seems correct, think of the time travel rules in Harry Potter (Prisoner of Azkaban) and Interstellar

All the things they do when they go back in time had already happened. He figures it out in Harry Potter, he says he knew he could cast the patronus to save himself because he had already done it. In Interstellar he writes the co-ordinates of NASA with the dust or whatever, which had already happened at the start.

It's different to Back to the Future where events can actually be signficiantly altered by the time travel. There is an original timeline where he never went to 1955 then he creates a new one where he does.

The Terminator series is just a mess with the time travel rules because at first it leads you to believe there's only one timeline because of the conception of John Connor, he had to go back in time and do it with Sarah because he had already done it, but then later they are able to alter the timeline to stop judgement day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad