TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Doesn't she? She has their best ships. Is his **** the dealbreaker?

She doesn't have enough ships. She isn't going to be able to build a large enough fleet from where ever she is going.

Euron didn't have enough even if all the ships stayed. They both said during the moot they will build the Iron Fleet.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Never teared up at any point of GoT.

I did tear up at the of Friday Night Lights (movie) when they fail to score a touchdown and Tim McGraw hugs his son on the field. Yes I'm weird.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
great episode, i also want to thank the guys who warned me for possible spoilers/leaked info so i stayed away from this thread.

minor observation... 2 people in the series without a **** were public shamed like it had to be in the same episode...(i must applaud the actor of varys, he was stunned when he realized the new introduced red woman knew about his mutilation), however in a different occasion they just show a **** with no reason...sex wasnt even shown.

the big surprise to me were the children of the forest, they created the white walkers to protect them from "you"(looking at bran), i guess its the humans. need more story on them, correct me if i am wrong but they all sacrificed themselves at the big tree, right ?

hold the door :(

i wish sansa would be more believable...i had to chuckle about the way she asked davos how well he knew the north. in the other scene with lt she was fine though.

my fav scene was on the wall, where they gameplan the battle vs ramsey, tormund just sat there, didnt give damn :laugh:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I did not tear up when Ned died, or Red Wedding, Tyrion speech, Jon Snow, the Hound... but I just did.

Totally didn't expect to considering how disappointed I was with this episode especially no Euron horn so for that to happen it hit hard.

Horn?

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Doesn't she? She has their best ships. Is his **** the dealbreaker?

Does he still have more ships than her despite losing his best ones?

No the deal-breaker would be the 100 ships, which couldn't carry Dany's entire forces over to Westeros?

And yeah, he'd still have more ships than her, particularly as he's also replenishing the ones that were taken, with new ones.

Again 100 vs 1000. Study it out.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
This is why she is so eager to get the Tullys. She realized she has no army. She can't trust LF, she doesn't trust Jon's army because it belongs and his loyal to him. She wants one loyal to her and her alone.

Eh, that's a bit of a reach. She wants an army to take back her home and expects houses that were loyal to her dad to be loyal to her as she is a Stark. But I don't think she's going gas far as thinking she needs an army just for her.

I don't think there's as much angst between Jon and Sansa as you are looking for.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No the deal-breaker would be the 100 ships, which couldn't carry Dany's entire forces over to Westeros?

And yeah, he'd still have more ships than her, particularly as he's also replenishing the ones that were taken, with new ones.

Those 100 ships couldn't even carry a quarter of dany's forces. 5000 troops tops, and that might be pushing it.

They need the full built fleet.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Really? Why? Just based on the fact that they competed in the King's Moot and Euron seems like a bad guy?

I only got the impression that at worst, they wouldn't be respected under him. Much like Theon already isn't. Considering that Yara seems like one of their best warriors/leaders, and didn't really show that she wouldn't follow him given the decision, I don't see any reason would be so quick to kill her, purely out of insecurity.

The guy was open about killing their father, and they're the rightful heirs who clearly still had their supporters.

So not only would they be a threat on account of revenge, but also as an ever-present challenge to his leadership. Not taking care of them would be a huge failure to tie up loose ends. Think of how all of King Robert's ******* children were hunted down.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
She doesn't have enough ships. She isn't going to be able to build a large enough fleet from where ever she is going.

Euron didn't have enough even if all the ships stayed. They both said during the moot they will build the Iron Fleet.

He only said that they would build 1000 from scratch. We don't know how much he has or how many she took, or that she isn't able to build a fleet once she gets there, do we?

Seems like she has the upper hand right now.
The guy was open about killing their father, and they're the rightful heirs who clearly still had their supporters.

So not only would they be a threat on account of revenge, but also as an ever-present challenge to his leadership. Not taking care of them would be a huge failure to tie up loose ends. Think of how all of King Robert's ******* children were hunted down.
Hmm.. That's true.

Edit: holy crap, this thread moves fast-- I meant the killing them thing.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I did not tear up when Ned died, or Red Wedding, Tyrion speech, Jon Snow, the Hound... but I just did.

I'm not one to care about spoilers, I think people take it way too far when *****ing about them.

However, I'd say this is a spoiler.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Edited previous post

Disappointing episode and season.

Then BAM Hodor origin story - biggest gut punch ever delivered. Yes even more than the Red Wedding and yes not logical but tears are real

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Eh, that's a bit of a reach. She wants an army to take back her home and expects houses that were loyal to her dad to be loyal to her as she is a Stark. But I don't think she's going gas far as thinking she needs an army just for her.

I don't think there's as much angst between Jon and Sansa as you are looking for.

It was pretty thick she doesn't trust Jon as much as she is saying. LF drops the Tully hint, while laying it on thick that the army she thinks she has is Jon's army her "Half-Brother" as LF points out before leaving.

She tries to take command at the war meeting, and plays up that she has the Stark name (which Jon starts to sulk over and Edd makes a pointed glance at). She also lies to Jon about how she found out about the Tullys.

Brienne doesn't want to leave because she doesn't trust Jon's new advisors, specifically pointing out that Mel helped Stannis kill his sibling. Sansa pushes back that she trusts Jon, and Brienne calls her out by saying if she trusts her, why did she lie to Jon. She has no answer.

So actually the show is being pretty overt in creating tension and a potential conflict between the half-siblings.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
It was pretty thick she doesn't trust Jon as much as she is saying. LF drops the Tully hint, while laying it on thick that the army she thinks she has is Jon's army her "Half-Brother" as LF points out before leaving.

She tries to take command at the war meeting, and plays up that she has the Stark name (which Jon starts to sulk over and Edd makes a pointed glance at). She also lies to Jon about how she found out about the Tullys.

Brienne doesn't want to leave because she doesn't trust Jon's new advisors, specifically pointing out that Mel helped Stannis kill his sibling. Sansa pushes back that she trusts Jon, and Brienne calls her out by saying if she trusts her, why did she lie to Jon. She has no answer.

So actually the show is being pretty overt in creating tension and a potential conflict between the half-siblings.

I picked up on that, I'm just not sure how much I'm willing to commit to her having the amount of distrust you are saying she has. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dismissing your theory, just debating it. I think part of why she was hiding her run in with LF has to do with how stupid she was to trust him and her not wanting Jon and the others to know. She made some very poor decisions.

As for who Jon's with, that I completely agree with. In fact, I bet Jon doesn't trust them either. It is a very rag-tag group they have going there.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I picked up on that, I'm just not sure how much I'm willing to commit to her having the amount of distrust you are saying she has. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dismissing your theory, just debating it. I think part of why she was hiding her run in with LF has to do with how stupid she was to trust him and her not wanting Jon and the others to know. She made some very poor decisions.

As for who Jon's with, that I completely agree with. In fact, I bet Jon doesn't trust them either. It is a very rag-tag group they have going there.
Ehh.. I feel like he's obligated to trust them by circumstance. Davos risked his neck to save him, the Red Lady literally revived him from death, and Tormund (sp?) has had his back for a while now. I don't think he'll need much more convincing.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
Really? Why? Just based on the fact that they competed in the King's Moot and Euron seems like a bad guy?

I only got the impression that at worst, they wouldn't be respected under him. Much like Theon already isn't. Considering that Yara seems like one of their best warriors/leaders, and didn't really show that she wouldn't follow him given the decision, I don't see any reason would be so quick to kill her, purely out of insecurity.

yara openly wanted him to be executed because he killed her father - his fear for retaliation is valid. what kind of use can he have for a warrior that wants to kill him - even if yara agreed to to serve - he would have to sleep with one eye open while she is alive

at this point i must say the story of the iron lands are after dorne the second worse plotline... a new character kills the king in his first appearance, in the next scene he rules. at least tell us how he managed to get support to even have a word in that election tribunal. also the demand from him to build 1000 ships... that group looked like they will need a good generation to do that.

Those 100 ships couldn't even carry a quarter of dany's forces. 5000 troops tops, and that might be pushing it.

They need the full built fleet.

i guess danny wants to bring everything(forces+), since she deosnt plan to return does she

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
yara openly wanted him to be executed because he killed her father - his fear for retaliation is valid. what kind of use can he have for a warrior that wants to kill him - even if yara agreed to to serve - had to sleep with one eye open while she is alive

at this point i must say the story of the iron lands are after dorne the second worse plotline... a new character kills the king in his first appearance, in the next scene he rules. at least tell us how he managed to get support to even have a word in that election tribunal. also the demand from him to build 1000 ships... that group looked like they will need a good generation to do that.
Hmm.. That's true.

Edit: holy crap, this thread moves fast-- I meant the killing them thing.
I completely spaced on the Balon being killed thing earlier.

I agree that Euron has been rushed as a character. Feels like someone that they could have laid the groundwork for better, but for some reason didn't.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I completely spaced on the Balon being killed thing earlier.

I agree that Euron has been rushed as a character. Feels like someone that they could have laid the groundwork for better, but for some reason didn't.

IMO he's fine the way he is. His entrance was epic.

I am the storm, brother.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
GOT isn't really a show that makes me feel that emotionally invested for some reason. It's kind of like Breaking Bad in that sense-- they're a little too focused on build-up-pay-off mechanics to take seriously in that real, human kind of way, for me (unlike something like Six Feet Under). Maybe it's a fantasy thing, too. I think the closest thing that got me was Arya putting Needle away.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Hold... The... Door

giphy.gif

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
GOT isn't really a show that makes me feel that emotionally invested for some reason. It's kind of like Breaking Bad in that sense-- they're a little too focused on build-up-pay-off mechanics to take seriously in that real, human kind of way, for me (unlike something like Six Feet Under). I think the closest thing that got me was Arya putting Needle away.

i agree for the most part but that doesnt make the show much better or worse. its like watching big waves crash a cliff, u have no time to wonder/admire how big the splash was, the next wave is already under way. :laugh:

as for the emotionally invested moment, to me it was the dialog between viper and tyron before the trial by combat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad