TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Robin, who jumped at the chance to go to war for his cousin. That force, whose most influential Lords were there when she took a stand for Baelish, and they listened to her, not to him.

It's pretty disappointing if they don't have her use the main card she has over him, if that's the case.

Jumped? More like heavily persuaded by LF.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Euron still has ships. They should of been clearer, but saying they took the the best ships means just that. The ships Euron is building is for the Iron Fleet.

He can chase after Yara if he wants. We still don't know what either's plan is in regards to each other yet.

Summer died for the same reason Leaf (the suicide Child of the Forest) for the same reason Hodor died. To delay the wights to give Meera and Bran more time.

Meera is also a total badass.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yes but all she had to do is getting LF to engage Ramsay in the battle. She can watch from the distance.

I kinda feel she dug half a grave for herself. Lets see if she can regain Vale without LF. For that to happen Robin probably has to die as he seemed more attached to LF than Sansa (remember Sansa slapping him).

This is why she is so eager to get the Tullys. She realized she has no army. She can't trust LF, she doesn't trust Jon's army because it belongs and his loyal to him. She wants one loyal to her and her alone.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Still kinda unclear what messed up Hodor.

Was it simply because Bran was warging a dude in a flashback? Warging people in flashbacks is bad???

I think warging into people in general may be bad and ****s them up. Hodor is the only person in the show that's been warged into. All else was animals.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Jumped? More like heavily persuaded by LF.

Littlefinger said she escaped and cannot guaranteed her safety. Robin said they should go to war.

It was implied, sure, but Robin could have easily said no, which then would have led to more obvious persuasion I suppose.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It was his plan, and for all we reasonably know, from the dialogue, it still is. Again, he's not trying to chase down Yara, which is what you erroneously and originally thought, but was to, yes, make a pact with Dany, with a formidable armada in order to 'seduce' Dany into accepting the pact between the two sides. Again, I agree with Balon in that I too think Euron's somewhat insane, or at least delusional with his own ego and self-importance.

And if you had listened more carefully, you wouldn't have seen it as some Blackadder scene. It would have made sense. It's fine though, if you find him funny or silly. I think perhaps his dialogue just went over your head in the moment, which is ok. It happens to us all from time to time. Hopefully it's cleared up for you now and you can move on with a clearer understanding what was said.

I think a pact is putting it mildly. He wants to rule so any pact would be a ruse. Marry her and either tame her, or just take her claim and all she has off her corpse after an "unfortunate accident".

Not the best plan, but credit for being the first leader in Westros to decide to try and use Dany for their own gain.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It was his plan, and for all we reasonably know, from the dialogue, it still is. Again, he's not trying to chase down Yara, which is what you erroneously and originally thought, but was to, yes, make a pact with Dany, with a formidable armada in order to 'seduce' Dany into accepting the pact between the two sides. Again, I agree with Balon in that I too think Euron's somewhat insane, or at least delusional with his own ego and self-importance.

And if you had listened more carefully, you wouldn't have seen it as some Blackadder scene. It would have made sense. It's fine though, if you find him funny or silly. I think perhaps his dialogue just went over your head in the moment, which is ok. It happens to us all from time to time. Hopefully it's cleared up for you now and you can move on with a clearer understanding what was said.
But, as I mentioned, common sense says that Yara took the ships to try to beat him to Dany and do the same thing he was going to do (minus the marriage).

So... if his goal is still to make a pact with Dany, it would have to involve chasing down Yara and beating her to Dany.

Either you're saying that's not what he meant because a) he changed his mind about his plan, b) he thinks they'll fail, c) he thinks he can convince her even after she already finds another suiter, d) he plans to chase her down with inferior ships and build new ones that won't be used in the chase or e) he's too stupid to realize that that's where Yara's headed.

So.... I'm not sure the dialogue is as clear as you're suggesting. d) seems to be the only one that checks out, and could very well be the case, but that's way too convoluted to intuitively/clearly derive from what he said.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Sansa is an idiot. The ironborn are idiots. This is not new information.

The children/white walker lore drop was enough to make the episode pretty significant in my mind. And then Hodor... :( GRRM has been planning that since the 90s, by the way. All hail.

No truer words....

The information on how the WW's were created has been overlooked in this thread. I thought that was very significant. What made them turn on the Children? What are their intentions now? Who was the first guy they 'turned'? Are they mad that the men and themselves made peace long ago, and haven't got over it yet?

So many questions..

I think it will come, but it won't be a sunshine and rainbows moment. Instead it will be a source of conflict between the two half siblings.

Sansa has the name, but the North sees Jon as someone worth following. Sansa will still have the Tullys, but it puts them at odds.

I think Sansa's going to turn heel. Spent too much time with LF, at KL, and generally getting messed up by Ramsay.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No truer words....

The information on how the WW's were created has been overlooked in this thread. I thought that was very significant. What made them turn on the Children? What are their intentions now? Who was the first guy they 'turned'? Are they mad that the men and themselves made peace long ago, and haven't got over it yet?

So many questions..

I think Sansa's going to turn heel. Spent too much time with LF, at KL, and generally getting messed up by Ramsay.

Well the first is the Night King, and for now we can surmise they were a weapon against the invading First Men and at some point after they made peace with the First Men they lost control of this new weapon and created the pact to drive them back.

Their motivations is still beyond us. Are they just fulfilling their program by cleansing the world of men? Have they created a new purpose for themselves? Until we get another vision or one finally speaks we don't know yet.

Also what is the significance of the Night King being created by a piece of Dragon Glass pushed into his heart. Is the Song of Ice and Fire actually about him as he is literally part Ice and part Fire?

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
This is why she is so eager to get the Tullys. She realized she has no army. She can't trust LF, she doesn't trust Jon's army because it belongs and his loyal to him. She wants one loyal to her and her alone.

I'm not sure how much help the Tullys will be though.
According to LF, the Blackfish juuuussssttt took back Riverrun from the Freys, which means his army must be pretty decimated right now. So why march them up North and risk the Freys/Lannisters taking Riverrun right back?

I wonder if Sansa will eventually work on getting the Vale loyal to her cause. The lesser Lords already do not trust LF...and Robyn can easily be manipulated. All she has to do is reveal that it was LF who pushed Lysa out the moon door.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Interesting. I didn't pick up on that.

Ya I noticed on the 2nd watch. She straight on stabs him in the belly, and it stops clean at the armor. He knocks it out of her hand and stabs her for her trouble.

Meera than goes badass and hits him right in the unprotected neck.

Another little fact. New Red Lady says Dany is "The One who is Promised" Mel has stated twice that Jon is the "Prince who is Promised". Who is right? Are they both right?

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
If I get Sansa's gameplan - Which has been near impossible to do since last season - it's to get armies loyal to the Stark name, so basically Riverlands and maybe the Vale, and then use their forces combined with Jon's to rescue Rickon, eliminate the traitors and then "rule" in her brother's name, since he's unfit to do so at this point.

As far as plans go, it's somewhat sensible. She has no claim as long as Rickon lives - and there's no way she goes there... please? - and it's not like we don't have historical precedents of women doing similar things.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Arya dying at any point now would be just great btw. She's dangerously close to entering Dorne territory

This. Last episode she finally looked to be coming along (when she fought that other chick) but now we've gone back to seeing her cop the beatings and getting questioned if she's no one.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
I actually liked Arya this episode, particularly during the play. Has to be her defining moment at this point.

And it might be nothing, but it's interesting that she's reluctant to kill the actress playing Cersei.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The White Walkers should just wear unexposed full-body armor, in that case.

Arya's built up more than enough goodwill by arguably being the best character throughout the first three to four seasons to forgive a few seasons of uneventfulness. She and Tywin carried seasons 2 and 3, IMO (I'd give seasons 1 and 4 to Tyrion).

The problem is, however, that the faceless men are training her to lose her charisma/wit :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If I get Sansa's gameplan - Which has been near impossible to do since last season - it's to get armies loyal to the Stark name, so basically Riverlands and maybe the Vale, and then use their forces combined with Jon's to rescue Rickon, eliminate the traitors and then "rule" in her brother's name, since he's unfit to do so at this point.

As far as plans go, it's somewhat sensible. She has no claim as long as Rickon lives - and there's no way she goes there... please? - and it's not like we don't have historical precedents of women doing similar things.

Sounds about right. The potential hitch in her plan is what happens to the Northern part of the army as far as loyality goes.

Will they be loyal to the name Stark, or the leader they feel is worth following?

If the Northern lords suddenly give Jon a "King in the North" moment. What does Sansa do?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
To those *****ing about Euron and the building of the ships. Lets wait til next episode before mocking it. Maybe the plan is for Euron to go chasing after Yarra/Theon and is giving final orders to build more ships before he leaves. They'll need those ships at some point, even a year down the track because possibly Euron is taking the last ones to go chasing.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
To those *****ing about Euron and the building of the ships. Lets wait til next episode before mocking it. Maybe the plan is for Euron to go chasing after Yarra/Theon and is giving final orders to build more ships before he leaves. They'll need those ships at some point, even a year down the track because possibly Euron is taking the last ones to go chasing.
It can be a comical moment because of the circumstances surrounding it and the way it was delivered regardless of whether or not it's revealed to be intended/factually that way later.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
So...was the wall put up by the children to keep the first men out instead of somehow by bran the builder to keep the white walkers out

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011

That's a good point, but it wouldn't be loyal to her alone. It would be loyal to Blackfish.

I think a pact is putting it mildly. He wants to rule so any pact would be a ruse. Marry her and either tame her, or just take her claim and all she has off her corpse after an "unfortunate accident".

Not the best plan, but credit for being the first leader in Westros to decide to try and use Dany for their own gain.

It's a smart move, but his insanity will probably become quite transparent, if any 'pact' is ever entered, but yeah, props to him on the plan.

But, as I mentioned, common sense says that Yara took the ships to try to beat him to Dany and do the same thing he was going to do (minus the marriage).

So... if his goal is still to make a pact with Dany, it would have to involve chasing down Yara and beating her to Dany.

Either you're saying that's not what he meant because a) he changed his mind about his plan, b) he thinks they'll fail, c) he thinks he can convince her even after she already finds another suiter, d) he plans to chase her down with inferior ships or e) he's too stupid to realize that that's where Yara's headed.

So.... I'm not sure the dialogue is as clear as you're suggesting. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

There's absolutely zero information available for you to presume that Yara's on the way to see Dany. So, the 'common sense' argument doesn't hold water. Common sense would dictate that first and foremost, Yara realized that Euron would probably kill her and Theon, and she needed to escape. And since she was going to, she might as well take the best ones, and as many as her and her loyalists could, while Euron and his loyalists were preoccupied. Common sense allows us to leap to that, but not necessarily say that she's going to Dany, first, or ever.

Also, that's not why I originally responded to you either though. I wanted to clear up your misunderstanding, so you had the correct information going forward.

Going forward, I think he'll stick to his original plan. I may be wrong, but I think that he may think think that Yara has nothing to offer with her measly 100 ships compared to his 1000. I think he underestimates Yara, and the potential pact she may be able to convince Dany into. Again, his ego and self-delusion is probably going to be his blindspot when it comes to Dany and Yara. That's IF Yara even goes there, which isn't knowable yet, but something I suspect as well. The difference between Euron and myself however, is that I know that Tyrion is working on a peace process in Mereen, which could lead to the gifting/trading of ships to Dany for leaving or whatever. Euron thinks he's the only/best hope of Dany getting her troops over, and he's incorrect, and I think he'll meet his demise shortly after realizing how incorrect he was.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Sounds about right. The potential hitch in her plan is what happens to the Northern part of the army as far as loyality goes.

Will they be loyal to the name Stark, or the leader they feel is worth following?

If the Northern lords suddenly give Jon a "King in the North" moment. What does Sansa do?

Interestingly, she's the one to go on about the Northerners being different, while her plan heavily relies on outside forces.

I don't think Jon will get that moment though, as first I don't think he'll ever want it, and second the central houses to Robb's ascent are going to be decimated. Sansa could promise stability, an end to the Northern infighting and wouldn't necessarily give worrying space to the Wildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad