TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
So how are they going to show the rest of the tower of joy scenes assuming they got back to that this season?

At the end, where everyone is *****ing about Bran getting everyone killed, the Raven was transferring all he knew into Bran. One can take that to mean that Bran now knows all that the Raven knew. However, instead of having the Raven around to walk him through all the knowledge he has, he'll have to piece it together on his own.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As opposed to thinking everything is the best thing ever? from a chronic cheerleader?

Any other "predictions" for the season that you've read from the books?

Yeah Yara siding with Dany is totally in the books that I haven't even read yet. Oh and **** I was wrong about that prediction.

There's a difference between spoiling something from the books and using deductive reasoning man. It's really not that hard to see where things are going now.

EDIT: To my knowledge the show has surpassed all the events of the books, so unless you think I'm bribing GRRM or D&D for spoilers (I promise I don't have nearly enough money to get anything good out of them), there's no possibility of me spoiling anything. I know when I (and a few others) figured out Olenna poisoned Joffrey's wine people thought I was book spoiling, but I stopped reading the books after the second one. This show follows a pattern and sometimes is predictable. And the Joffrey death, if you pay attention to context clues it really wasn't hard to figure out who was responsible. If anyone came in and was like "I bet Littlefinger had something to do with it" then yeah, they had no way of knowing.

Last edited:

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Weird, I have alot of gripes about that scene but Summer and Hold the Door are the only saving graces. :laugh:

Again, I didn't find it cheesy, but I've always felt that "everything is cheesy and unoriginal because everything's been done" is the worst defense ever. Same with "Everything is manipulative." Something isn't cheesy by virtue of it being done a certain number of times. The first time someone did something cheesy, it was still cheesy.

To be honest I blame my head for the cheese. Like I instantly imagined someone holding a door and me being like "Oh thanks Hodor! Get it?" My problem is that it doesn't matter the context, or the dramatic music and visuals. If I can come up with something so terrible, that thing is ruined for me. And also like I said, I didn't think it was something we needed to know.

Summer sacrificing himself for little reason though was just dumb. Even dumber was that Bran never reacted to it, even if he was inside a dream. Remember all the wolf dreams he had before this season? The show didn't, apparently.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Remember all the wolf dreams he had before this season? The show didn't, apparently.

This reminds me if another thing that bugged me a little bit: the glossing over of Tully retaking the riverlands. This is a big deal in light of the mental scarring we all enjoyed after the red wedding, and I want details damnit!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
At the end, where everyone is *****ing about Bran getting everyone killed, the Raven was transferring all he knew into Bran. One can take that to mean that Bran now knows all that the Raven knew. However, instead of having the Raven around to walk him through all the knowledge he has, he'll have to piece it together on his own.

That's nice. Again, though, it appears he only has Meera to take care of him now, as everyone else tasked with taking care of him has died in the process because he's rendered himself inert (even moreso than usual :laugh:), whenever he decides he wants to visit the past, or take in another vision.

So far he's had an adverse effect on Hodor, quite crippling actually, and it could be argued he nearly made contact with Ned earlier. What happens next, is he going to watch the Mad King get killed, and then somehow make contact with Daenerys?

Bruuuutttalll.

Stupid Bran.

I know!

Worst damn character on the show. :laugh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This reminds me if another thing that bugged me a little bit: the glossing over of Tully retaking the riverlands. This is a big deal in light of the mental scarring we all enjoyed after the red wedding, and I want details damnit!

Who are the Tullys again? That's Catelyn's family, right?

I keep getting Tully and Tarly mixed up. When will we see Samwell again?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
To be honest I blame my head for the cheese. Like I instantly imagined someone holding a door and me being like "Oh thanks Hodor! Get it?" My problem is that it doesn't matter the context, or the dramatic music and visuals. If I can come up with something so terrible, that thing is ruined for me. And also like I said, I didn't think it was something we needed to know.

Summer sacrificing himself for little reason though was just dumb. Even dumber was that Bran never reacted to it, even if he was inside a dream. Remember all the wolf dreams he had before this season? The show didn't, apparently.
For me, it was something that, if inartfully executed, or described verbally, it does sound cheesy, for the reason you gave, but I thought the show did a good job of avoiding that and it works. I give it points for taking something cheesy and making it not cheesy through execution.

I don't really understand how Bran could have reacted to it while unconscious-- If they had a scene where he sensed it and reacted, personally I would have found that a little corny.

The thing I liked about the Summer death is that..... it was a wild animal doing something reckless and suicidal in order to protect its master with nobody knowing to stop it. I generally don't like the reliance on shock value, but in that instance the fact that it was so needless but happens in the blink of an eye was viscerally very jarring and tragic in a way that I thought worked.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's nice. Again, though, it appears he only has Meera to take care of him now, as everyone else tasked with taking care of him has died in the process because he's rendered himself inert (even moreso than usual :laugh:), whenever he decides he wants to visit the past, or take in another vision.

So far he's had an adverse effect on Hodor, quite crippling actually, and it could be argued he nearly made contact with Ned earlier. What happens next, is he going to watch the Mad King get killed, and then somehow make contact with Daenerys?

I know!

Worst damn character on the show. :laugh:

Nah. All three Sand Snakes combined couldn't make up a passable character

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
For me, it was something that, if inartfully executed, or described verbally, it does sound cheesy, for the reason you gave, but I thought the show did a good job of avoiding that and it works. I give it points for taking something cheesy and making it not cheesy through execution.

I don't really understand how Bran could have reacted to it while unconscious-- If they had a scene where he sensed it and reacted, personally I would have found that a little corny.

The thing I liked about the Summer death is that..... it was a wild animal doing something reckless and suicidal in order to protect its master with nobody knowing to stop it. I generally don't like the reliance on shock value, but in that instance the fact that it was so needless but happens in the blink of an eye was viscerally very jarring and tragic in a way that I thought worked.

Agreed. It is a tight rope walk to do that, but I think they pulled it off.

Summer going down to defend Bran does make sense. That pretty much was a no win situation for almost everyone involved, and Summer couldn't pull the sleigh. It was sad, but he did what a direwolf should. Die trying to protect his master.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Yup. Brynden "Blackfish" Tully (who LF told Sansa to go see) is Catelyn's uncle.

There's at least one legit badass in every House. :laugh:
And if he got his hometown back, especially from the goddamned Freys, I believe it deserves some of its own episode.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Based off the wiki, it would appear that there is indeed an episode next week. I don't think there's a single hiatus this season, which is awesome.

Thank the Old Gods and the New. We are on a fever pace. I couldn't survive a break right now.

Yes only two Direwolves left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad